Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Amethyst

Host or Envirodri?
« on: May 12, 2009, 04:15:18 pm »
Is one better than the other for aggitation, lifting pile etc?

richy27

Re: Host or Envirodri?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 06:04:34 pm »
ian i have an envirodri and am really pleased with it. only thing is it is supplied with the standard white brushes and had to buy a set of gold soft brushes for domestics as the whites are bit harsh. think the host is lot more money

Deepcleaner

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 06:29:32 pm »
Some enviro dry brushes going here on ebay

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 08:29:09 pm »
ian

For me, the Envirodri has the edge on performance and a big lead on machine and brush cost.

The Host, being lighter, is easier to carry, more manouverable and can be used on stairs with the handle attached.

I've had a couple of each machines and if I had to go back to Host I'd still be happy to use it.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Amethyst

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 10:19:28 pm »
Thanks Ken, as usual an answer that's right to the point. The reason I asked is that I have the chance of picking up a Host machine at a good price. But I didn't want to go down that road if the Envirodri was streets ahead in terms of performance. Thanks for your comments.

Regards

Ian

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:31:02 pm »
I like the prochem encap machine it looks good and also looks light and a pick up tray but it is very expensive for a bit of plastic.

Shaun

Amethyst

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 07:20:38 am »
Thats the problem with all these machines Shaun (IMO) They are all expensive for what is at the end of the day a plastic box, a motor and some brushes!

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 07:03:03 pm »
From memory of the cleaning show, I don't think the Prochem Encap machine has alternative brushes for different carpets/fibres, but I stand to be corrected. If I'm right, their excellent TM4 would turn out to be a much better buy (and it's probably the quietist of all these types of machine I've seen).

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken

PS Ian, The host should be running pretty quietly too. If it's noisy I'd let it pass.
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Amethyst

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 07:58:18 am »
Thanks Ken, I'll check it out!

Regards

Ian