Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Advertising on Till receipts
« on: April 19, 2005, 05:39:40 pm »
We have been approached by a supermarket to advertise on the back of their till receipts over a 6month period, they have three carpet and upholstery firms, one to be chosen [of course]. The supermarket would be the nearest one to where we live, we could have another town if we wished, but we do have to pay for the advertisement that goes on the back of the receipt. They talked of an incentive to the customers, i.e. percentage off - keep this till receipt and show the carpet and upholstery firm when utilising it. They are talking about 11 thousand receipts a week. One question they did ask was could be handle the extra work!!!
Has anyone come across this or has been approached or even done this and if so how did you get on, is it worth doing it.
Any views as always is most welcome.

Amberley  :-*

Re: Advertising on Till receipts
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 05:46:20 pm »
Hi Mick

ask yourself what you did with your last shopping receipt, and can you remember what was written on the back of it?

It doesn't work

Best regards Nick

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 05:48:05 pm »
Most women hide them from spouses anyway  ::)

woodman

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 05:58:19 pm »
Yes I was approached for the same by Morrisons

The same 11000 must be going to my local as yours as they said the same.

They told me that other carpet cleaning companies enjoyed great success with a similar campaign in the north. Great I said give me their number I'll ring them and get some feed back. Not allowed to do that Data Protection Act ::)  Ok I said give me any company that has advertised regardless of what they were selling and I ask the same, no they couldn't do that either for the same reasons but the last one was getting over 200 enquiries a week. I asked them for proof which they couldn't supply I then offered to take them up on it for 3 months with no charge to me and if it worked I would then pay them for the full 6 months. You've guessed it they refused.

She then told me I would have to hurry as 3 other companies were interested  ::) sound familiar. I declined and to this day 9 months later the back of Morrisons till receipts in my area are still blank.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has done it but I doubt if we will.

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 06:02:58 pm »
I was contacted today to do some advertising on a plasma screen in a cinema i would be the only cc.You get 8 twelve second slots an hour the screen is positioned above the box office.Also contacted a few weeks back to advertise in a doctors surgery the same kind of thing. ???

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 06:09:26 pm »
save your money.if it was so good they would have a waiting list, and companys that have already been on them before would still be there, the only ones i ever see advertising on them is kentucky fried chicken, and thats finger lickin good . sherlock ;D :P
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Big_Fish

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 06:24:49 pm »
We were approached last week to place an advert on the edge of the "YOU ARE HERE" type maps that they place in towns. There were to be 12 sites from Tesco garage to council buildings and night clubs.

At £660 per quarter it was a "real snip" as "literally thousands of people will look at these maps every month".

"OK" I asked, "Why will they look at the map?"
There was a silence ;)
"Will the lady who decided to get her carpet cleaned travel to the nightclub to see if there is a cleaner advertised on the map?" ;D
Again there was a silence ;)

I suggested she try business who would be of service to someone who didn't know where they were and needed the map. I suggested taxi companies and then I got stuck...who would actually benefit from advertising on a "YOU ARE HERE" map?

It's the same with the business card stands in DIY stores and supermarkets, posters in the library, funky signs in leisure centres etc etc etc.

Don't do it.

Nicky

John_Flynn

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 09:15:42 pm »
IT DOES NOT WORK !!![/font]

said the Fat Man !!
I get better looking each day!!

dave401uk

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 09:26:40 pm »
The not so fat man, agrees with the fat man
keep your hard earned in the bank, you cant bank a salesman,s promise ;D can you

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 10:31:09 pm »
Hi

I  have done this and it does not even pay for its self DON'T DO IT!!

Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk