This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Michael D

Mattress Cleaning
« on: May 09, 2009, 11:55:15 am »
Hi all      I am thinking of starting a mattress cleaning services,   Does anyone provide this service  who would be able to assist in any tips on what to use,  I plan to hoover the mattress and then use steam cleaner.   Is this the right way to go about it, or is there another method to use.   Any advice please.    Michael

vacman

Re: Mattress Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:06:01 pm »
As an add-on, you MIGHT get away with it. As a stand-alone service, you'll be on your backside. I am guessing you've not seen the state of peoples beds? They just don't care what its like - out of sight, out of mind.

I am not sure steam cleaning is the way to go either, because of the drying times. Ewbank have bought out a small vacuum cleaner for matresses, with a UV light attached to kill the bugs. Even so, it is the dustmite feaces which do the damage, not so much the mites themselves, so its vaccum, vacuum, and vacuum again.

The other thing is, is that those who are aware of the fact that mattresses need vacuuming are the sort who do it themselves or ask their cleaners to do it (i often vacuum mattresses for people when i'm doing bed-moves).

Bob Robertson

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 01:59:58 pm »
Forget it. Waste of time and money!

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 10:14:16 pm »
theres a set on ebay 200 quid starting price
under cleaning businesses