Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Approx. what percentage of "Gerroff my patch" types are "Wfp/Trad" users?

100% trad.
51.4%
18 (51.4%)
75% trad.
14.3%
5 (14.3%)
50/50
14.3%
5 (14.3%)
75% wfp.
5.7%
2 (5.7%)
100% wfp
14.3%
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

AuRavelling79

"Gerroff my Patch"/"Wfp" or "Trad."
« on: May 07, 2009, 10:54:29 pm »
And does this indicate anything?
It's a game of three halves!

PaulTh

Re: "Gerroff my Patch"/"Wfp" or "Trad."
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:17:23 pm »
indicates what i suspected since i joined this forum that some wfp users are snobs and look down on trad now. (not all i might add just a tiny minority of morons).people with sigs like "climbing higher without ladders"it uses to be people looked down on window cleaners,now we got window cleaners looking down their noses at window cleaners lol what is the world coming to

cybersye

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 11:27:21 pm »
yes, they are all uneducated scumbags and knuckleheads from the dark ages, probably on the dole and moonlighting with a bit of burglary as well as cleaning windows badly with a dirty old rag and a bucket of scummy water, some of them dont even have matching socks lol  ;D

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 11:28:47 pm »
yes, they are all uneducated scumbags and knuckleheads from the dark ages, probably on the dole and moonlighting with a bit of burglary as well as cleaning windows badly with a dirty old rag and a bucket of scummy water, some of them dont even have matching socks lol  ;D

LMFAO!

cybersye

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 11:37:17 pm »
indicates what i suspected since i joined this forum that some wfp users are snobs and look down on trad now. (not all i might add just a tiny minority of morons).people with sigs like "climbing higher without ladders"it uses to be people looked down on window cleaners,now we got window cleaners looking down their noses at window cleaners lol what is the world coming to
next will be pole snobbery
they'll be dissing those who can only afford to cobble together bits of a broom from asda and a decorators pole  :P

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 06:06:53 am »
I am now a snob  ;D but did make the video for the decorators pole and broom handle, so maybe im a lower class snob.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

andyatkinson

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 07:16:18 am »
paulth's period seems to be going on a while
just get a hot water bottle and have a lie down ;D

simon knight

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 07:30:24 am »

Yes...and your point being? ;D

simon knight

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 07:40:31 am »

Very good observations, window cleaning has changed and still is changing.

Don’t think some window cleaners are really snobbish, other window cleaners have not moved with the times.

The idea of helping someone start in this trade by telling them to go buy a ladder & bucket is out dated.

People that have the biggest resistance to wfp are not the customers, but window cleaners!   

Do you really think so Ewan? Is it not possible that some window cleaners just don't want the bother or expense of a wfp system and prefer instead the simplicity of bucket, ladders and a grimy rag?

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 08:00:37 am »
Along with the change in window cleaning; I wish the weather would change; it's lashing it down side-ways here!

simon knight

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 08:02:16 am »
I think you’re right as well, although a lot of traditional window cleaners are very good at there job and come across as very professional they are reluctant to change.

The window cleaning trade itself has changed and is changing.

Agreed! Anyway I'm off to earn a crust before it lashes down here as well.

Ciao

LWC

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 08:03:22 am »
WFP users are lots better at everything than trad simple as that.

pingu

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 08:04:02 am »
You can see why alot of guys who are soley trad wish to stay that way...for them it works and presents few issues...so why change..yes we know the safety point of ladders potentially presenting increased chances of injuries.

Wfp is a great tool but hey how many people just get out of the van and night, turn a switch and come back in the morning and go to work...we all know there is alot of fettling involved..and of course there is the additional expenses that go along with wfp.

Dave.

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 08:48:03 am »
I am a trad, and intend to remain so indefinitely, but fully respect the freedom of choice we all have to use trad or wfp methods.

Interestingly, I picked up two customers the other day who previously had wfp window cleaners. The custies were unhappy that in particular the upper sills hadn't been cleaned, despite repeated asking and getting promises that they would be done.

The sills were UPVC (originally white, but over time had become resplendent in green). Two minutes with a damp microfiber sorted them out, and I now have 2 very happy new custies. Wfp guys, how do you ensure that upper frames and sills are cleaned properly? (Not having a go, just asking a pertinent question).

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

pingu

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 09:19:19 am »
I think that some polers don't do the sills because perhaps they think it puts too much dirt into the brush bristles...but personally..I clean the sills each time this way like the glass it is just a matter of maintaince really.

I suppose it is all down to the indivdual really rather than the method.

Cheers
Dave.

cozy

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 09:55:09 am »
I would like to go WFP but I have the problem of the custies not being happy with it. Once I have seen it working ( hands on ) I will have to "sell" the idea to my Brit custies.

I have fallen once in 20 years and although I wasn't badly hurt I didn't enjoy it! Ladder slipped from under me. I was new to this game and am more carefull now.

Maybe I am old fashioned (I am old  ::)) I enjoy doing trad on my private custies. I must be abit mad too as I also really enjoy talking to them and collecting money at the door on collection nights.

I surpose the only thing missing in my setup is a horse and cart for carrying my ladders around. Must remember to buy a flat cap soon to make the image complete :)

OH, nearly forgot, I would expect "patch" WC's to be trad more than highly advanced cutting edge experts with WFP. WFP types wear matching socks and NEVER wear string vests ;D

simon knight

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 10:10:06 am »

WFP types wear matching socks and NEVER wear string vests ;D

They're also Leonardo DiCaprio lookalikes, Oxbridge educated, speak Queens English and hung like donkeys...and their poo doesn't smell ;D

JSMC

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 01:11:16 pm »

Don’t think some window cleaners are really snobbish, other window cleaners have not moved with the times.

The idea of helping someone start in this trade by telling them to go buy a ladder & bucket is out dated.
People that have the biggest resistance to wfp are not the customers, but window cleaners!   

why is it outdated? i had all my WFP gear but went trad for 1 year doing all my work.

my fathe rin law is trad and always has been and i can bet he has a bette rbusiness than the majority of us on here. 40 years  and he is still going strong witha very healthy business.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 01:44:12 pm »

why is it outdated? i had all my WFP gear but went trad for 1 year doing all my work.

my fathe rin law is trad and always has been and i can bet he has a bette rbusiness than the majority of us on here. 40 years  and he is still going strong witha very healthy business.

I should flippin' hope so! 40 years and he should've sold up and be taking it easy by now!
It's a game of three halves!

simon knight

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 01:53:34 pm »

I should flippin' hope so! 40 years and he should've sold up and be taking it easy by now!

Why?