This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Re: New fishing pole needed...
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 04:52:38 pm »
Sound just like my Mrs now.  ;D

elite mike

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 10:10:19 pm »
hi rog

try http://www.cheshirefishing.co.uk/shop/rthompson/poles.htm

use the musclezone 11mtr

tosh has my mobile if you want to talk

mike

suds window service

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 09:54:32 pm »
hi rog

use the musclezone 11mtr

mike
what is the  aprox reach of this pole when re modeled to wfp

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 10:01:01 pm »
hi rog

use the musclezone 11mtr

mike
what is the  aprox reach of this pole when re modeled to wfp
25' length, 30' reach. Its a bit whippy and not very strong tho,... the Shimano hyperloop pole (Argos) is stronger & more righid, but costs a bit more too!

suds window service

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 10:02:29 pm »
thanks for the reply nath

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 10:04:31 pm »
No prob,.. looking for a new pole myself at the mo. I have the Ron Thompson, and broke it after very light use. Jeff Brimble is very kindly sending me a replacement section, but I'm thinking I'll try a different pole for my next one!

suds window service

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 10:08:03 pm »
well i paid 15 quid inc delivery for a fishing pole a few weeks ago .
 got it of amazon......pics on here if you have a gander,use it daily still going strong reach is 21 ft  love it!

suds window service

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 10:11:35 pm »
stuck the pics up nath for 15quid you carnt fall off!

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2009, 08:14:09 pm »
There seems to be a common theme running through this thread; " my pole snapped" :-\ :-\ :-\

I know I've said this before; and got slated for it if I remember rightly, but isn't it better to buy your poles from a WFP dealer  ??? ??? ???

I know fishing poles are probably cheaper but they're fishing poles. I've yet to buy " Match Fishing " magazine and read a pole review suggesting that when your pole isn't being used for fishing you could always pop out and clean your windows with it  ;D

It's just my opinion but a genuine window cleaning pole is the only way to go. If you're serious about your business you'll think the same.

I'll no doubt get slated again now  ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

ftp

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 08:58:09 pm »
I agree.

But the bit about being serious about your buisiness I always find a bit insulting. Different if you employ of course but there are several serious guys using them on here.
I imagine Alex is a serious buisinessman but he worked with a converted fishing pole for quite a while. I expect Jeff Brimble is pretty serious too.  ;)

matt

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2009, 10:36:14 pm »
my fishing pole is fast approaching its 2nd birthday , yes, 2 years for 20 ( odd ) quid

i expected to get 3 months out of it, 3 months i wouldnt have been able to work with my bad neck, yet i tried it, and the neck problem went and the pole is still going

ive said it before, for me its the lightness of the pole, its not about the money is cost ( though its a bonus )

if allmost 2 years ago some1 old me " matt, if you want the neck pain to go ( and i will guarantee it, or your money back ) , i will sell you a pole for 500 quid "
i would have pain the money BUT expected more than 3 months work out of it

as it happens, it didnt 500 notes it was just over 20 quid

noelg22

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2009, 11:55:30 pm »
i know this might sound a bit silly but these fishing poles yous guys are talking about arent telescopic are they??
i assume there modular and if so do you not think it takes too long to take the sections on and off as the height requires and as you go from job to job does it not take unneccessary time having to pack all the sections into the van?
im not taking the p out of yous im just interested to know. Thanks.

ftp

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 06:11:22 pm »
Makes little difference to be honest it's just a different way of working. You can pack them up inside each other so transportation isn't a problem. Biggest problem I had was leaving sections behind poked in a customers hedge.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 06:12:28 pm »
Oh well, horses for courses I guess.

I'll stick to my window cleaning poles and save my fishing poles for ........... well, fishing!!!

To be honest they cost a wee bit more than £20 so throwing away the top three or four sections and sticking a brush to the end is a bit of a non starter really  ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

matt

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 08:15:16 pm »
i know this might sound a bit silly but these fishing poles yous guys are talking about arent telescopic are they??
i assume there modular and if so do you not think it takes too long to take the sections on and off as the height requires and as you go from job to job does it not take unneccessary time having to pack all the sections into the van?
im not taking the p out of yous im just interested to know. Thanks.

i have my pole set up ( glued ) in 3 sections

first section ( the base section ) the thicker case bit and the next section glued together

middle section , the next 2 sections glued together

the top section , just a short 4 ft section with the brush on the end, this is a great size for ground floor

so i have 2 sections of pole and the brush section, this pole does every1 of my domestic houses ( though i do have to stretch for 2 windows ( i can add another base section if i struggle )

no left poles, no poles left on the ground to be stood on, its as quick as quick can be, no clamps, just put on brush section then middle section, it takes seconds

once again though, its the lightness thats the selling point ;)