Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

Re: Hows work at the mo
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2009, 08:59:41 pm »
In my very first December it was getting busier and busier as the month progressed with earlier and earlier starts and later and later finishes.

Got to the last Friday before Xmas on Monday. Each working day that week had got longer and longer and by Friday I was on the first job at 6.45 and got in at 22.35 hours. I'd cleaned 5 three piece suites, at least one carpet in each of those houses and been to three other properties to clean carpets as well.

Apart from being so shagged that I went down with a bad cold I was thrilled with the day's money (about £400 but it was 10 years ago). But it did give me a real dislike for 3 piece suites. :-[

I'm doing 3 three piece suites next Friday but thankfully they are all in the some room together with the room carpet, money will be about £500 and probably about 4 to 5 hours for the full job. Oh, and I'll get given lunch as well.

Maybe upholstery isn't so bad after all! ;D
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2009, 09:38:46 pm »
Clinton

Yes, it's easier and quicker result prob better too.

I may go back to using the portie for easy cleans and synthetics though.

kinder clean

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2009, 11:09:06 pm »
If you look at Marks flyer and his prices they are cleverly pitched.

With a footnote 'Minimum £45 spend' his most expensive room price is a lounge priced at £40, below the minimum spend.

So by getting to clean 2 carpets he can achieve a higher per job/household spend and how much longer does it take you to clean a bedroom or H/S/L ? 20 - 30 mins ? I'd much rather make £65 - £85 in the same house than doing 2 seperate jobs at £45 - £55 for single carpet jobs with all the traveling and packing and unpacking. Well done Mark, a good flyer with offers does work if you get out there and deliver them.

Putting out 100 - 200 a day is better than spending 8 hours solid leafleting, that's when you start making excuses to go home and thats why you end up with a pile of flyers in the dining room that are starting to curl up on the edges  ::)

Paul - Kinder Clean

markpowell

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2009, 11:12:32 pm »
 ;)

markpowell

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2009, 08:55:33 am »
Clinton,
I had to get the TM because i have the contract to clean all the enterances in Asda stores in yorkshire.
I cleaned all the wakefield store in Jan, foyet and offices and now they want me to do all the other stores once every 12 months, i will be lm the offices once i get them clean, but i need the tm for the foyets
Mark

suffolkclean

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2009, 01:33:13 pm »
thats great Mark - how did you manage to get to do work for Asda - did they contact you ?

markpowell

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2009, 02:18:14 pm »
Prochem Apex Diesel mate, got the first store,(wakefield) through yellow pages, took 2 days.Area manager visited at the end of the 2nd day and was impressed with the results and was offered the work there and then. Its took 2 months to agree prices and get everything sorted, my brother has been laid off from work, so he is coming on board with me.There is 18 stores on the job sheet, Starting in May.Will be doing 2 per month Jan - OctMark

derek west

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2009, 04:03:50 pm »
mark
are they hard floor or carpet?
and if you don't mind me asking how much per store?
email me if its something you don't want to advertise derek@affordablecleaners.co.uk
derek

markpowell

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2009, 08:51:49 pm »
Derek,
Sent e-mail, let me know what you think, i will ring you this weekend mate. Where you based we can meet up for an hour half way at sometime if you wish.
Mark

derek west

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2009, 09:27:04 pm »
you have mail
i'll buy you dinner, and the wife
you are married right?
derek

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2009, 10:15:21 pm »
How much you selling her for Mark? ;D

markpowell