This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pricing
« on: November 18, 2003, 03:10:38 pm »
As a new business i would really appreciate some advice on pricing. I like to be innovative in my approach to a traditional service but a guide on the going rates for hotels offices and shops and how to work out those rates would be a really useful basis for me to begin with.

hope all you experts can help

thanx ::)

dionne

mwah :-* :-*

petra

Re: pricing
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 12:33:49 pm »
There are previous posts that cover this, so have a look and if you don't find anything then pm me.
Petra

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 12:57:36 am »
Ten years ago when I was researching a Chars Franchise the rate was £10 per hour per cleaner.

However in 2003 I have seen so called Franchises offering cleaners for £8.50 an hour

Would any Contact or Domestic Cleaning company like to comment.

Regards
Ian

Musicman

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 01:52:26 am »
It all depends on location (dictating the wage rate and subsequently the chargeable rate), size of contract (the larger ones attracting a lower margin), and amount and type of capital equipment involved (vacuums to scrubber driers) plus a few other, less significant variables.

Ten years ago the chargeable rate would have been nearer £5-6 per hour as the typical cleaner's wage would have been around £3 per hour.

Nowadays, with the NMW in place, a chargeable rate of £8.50 an hour seems reasonable - but dependant upon the above listed factors.

This is for commercial contracts. Haven't a clue about domestic.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Musicman
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

domestix

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 06:12:49 pm »
My business has been working in the domestic market for 3 years now.  

It depends what your employment situation is like where you live.  If no unemployment, then you need to attract and keep good staff - pay more money or give bonuses etc.  If you do this, then you need to charge out more.  Around £12-13 pounds an hour (including VAT) is what we charge for "normal" cleaning - some companies charge a lot more.  One-off cleaning and spring cleaning you can charge more.  

We obviously supply all our own materials, including vacuums.

Hope this helps.

Alison

petra

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 12:47:43 am »
I think it depends on your reputation, quality and reliablity and location and how desperate a client is, I have just had someone offer to double my rate for a one off house clean, as long as I am on site and do the job Friday......and for that course I'll run... another client feels my rates are reasonable for a good service...I have base line prices, but if the work load for me and my staff is heavy, and the mood takes me I try charging a few quid more and most of the time I get away with it...but I do not charge a call out fee for emergencies.
Petra
Ps if you browse through the forum there is quite a big thread about this already