This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVE71163

Re: Awnings
« on: November 18, 2003, 04:48:46 pm »
I always use just hot soapy water with a sponge and then just dry them off with a leather. :)

Steve

paul

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 06:01:39 pm »
UNGER ACTUALLY SUPPLY A KIT FOR JUST THAT JOB
IVE NEVER USED IT BUT I EXPECT ITS MOST EFFECTIVE

karlosdaze

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 11:06:25 pm »
I clean awnings using my wfp unit. I use the Winsol products exported from "The window cleaning centre" in Norfolk. I use normal water for general washing and finish off with RO. This keeps my system clean and gets rid of mineral deposits before sealing the awning. The reason I use "winsol", is due to a better finish and a less watered down product compared to others on the market. However I do use "Starbrite" mould remover-basically bleach, but safer. I find Vinyl awnings much quicker to clean over Canvas!

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 01:49:47 am »
Hi all
Karlos do you do any PVC cleaning?
I am after a good PVC cleaner to remove old weather staining tryed, bleack ammonia, GG4, washing up liquids do you know of a good cream that you use for awnings that would bring up PVC. frames
Cheers
Alan

karlosdaze

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 01:14:37 am »
If you've tried bleach & ammonia, you must be getting desperate. Try pure acetone if you can get it off the shelf. It will strip the vinyl after a while, so go easy. Use rubber gloves/goggles, as it drys the hands out besides other things.

matt

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 01:36:29 am »
isnt acetone the chemical that freezes your skin ?????

my mate is a bio chemist and allways does this trick on people, he puts some acetone on the back of there hand, and they think its freezing (it doesnt seem to harm)

allways makes us laugh

karlosdaze

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 01:45:18 am »
We can get it off the shelf in Spain. It's especially good for cleaning up wood before varnishing. Its the same stuff they put in nail cleaner. I used to work with it in it's natural form at I.C.I.  ... And you actually stop breathing if you work with it in factory volumes, I did! If your using it out of the bottle, you should be o.k., you won't get a cold either! The proper H&S guide lines stipulate goggles, BA apparatus etc.