This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seandyer2003

Re: David Morris
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 09:20:02 am »
FEDS offices are nothing special its just an old detatched house in a housing estate in manchester...

JSMC

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 12:17:27 pm »
this dave  guy seems to know his stuff i'll give him that.

WCE

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 04:40:53 pm »
Tosh

Renting or owning , both have there pros and cons, most high street chains dont own there own buildings, they free up the capital to concentrate on there core business.

I could be wrong but I think the point Tosh was making was the FED sold their building and made some cash back because they are not run on a non profit basis.   
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 04:58:18 pm »
They sold off the assurance society which was separate to the FED

Steve Lowe

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 05:02:42 pm »
The Fed own there building as they bought it off of the assurance society a few years ago.
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 05:08:22 pm »
Thats it, i am getting confused lol, been a long day

Tosh

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 05:11:43 pm »
So what was this post all about:

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=25116.0

Get a cup of tea/coffee before you read it!

But to me it sounded like some of the committee members owned the offices, wanted to sell it, though they didn't have too; so they could make money out of the deal.

Then rent the premises; which would obviously be more expensive.

Am I wrong?

???

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 07:09:15 pm »
Tosh

The truth on what really happens within the FWC is always different to what is suggested  on this site

I personally put the post on for a bit of fun

Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 07:10:43 pm »
Sorry Neil

Will look it that tommorow and get back to you

bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)

Tosh

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 07:23:07 pm »
Tosh

The truth on what really happens within the FWC is always different to what is suggested  on this site

Bryan

Well tell us the gossip; er, I mean truth!

Andrew Mullen suggested that there was cloak and dagger stuff going on within the FWC with regards to a FWC property and committee members serving their own interests; this was around the peak of the property market; and some of the committee members were about to get a substantial amount of money from the sale of the FWC property; even if it wasn't in the interests of the FWC members.

Did that happen? 

If you give a concise answer, I'll never ever have a dig at the FWC again!  But mud sticks, and as far as I'm concerned; you sound a dodgy lot.

Sorry, but it's just my opinion.

Remember the Philip Hanson thing too?

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 07:39:46 pm »
Tosh

I have no legal right to discuss publicly about the FWC and assurance socitey buisness

If you were a member of either then you would have had a right to a answer for  your questions

Tosh

If you were not a member of either then legally have you a right to ask questions

If you want to know the truth then  PM your contact details and i will talk to you but nothing can be put on this site

Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)

Tosh

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 07:57:21 pm »
Bryan,

I'll consider your offer; but to be honest, I don't see why the FWC can't be open and transparent; even to non members.  It may attract new members?

What have they got to hide?  What's so bad they can't say, here, look at my accounts; look at our history of what we've done with our members money.

Why all the secrecy?  I'm sure you understand; just look what's happening in the news with regards to MPs at the moment.

David of St Ives says you're a non profit organisation; but non profit organisations have many perks; I know; I served with the UN and as a lowly soldier was given lots of perks, including a brand new Cherokee Jeep and 52 seater buses I could hire to ferry my mates around different pubs on the Dalmation Coast; I abused the priveliges, because I could; that's human nature.

Big non-profit organisations = big rip off!

In my honest opinion; I've met blokes who do well - financially - from these sort of organisations.

Maybe I've been overly harsh; I've had a tough day cleaning windows!  But that's the perception I have.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 08:15:58 pm »
Tosh

I only speak from my own point of view, as you can see heads did not roll.

And where are those who kicked up the fuss in the first place.

They seem to have gone very quiet havent they  ?

Ask yourself, what was happening at the time,  let me see, the birth of a new association by any chance, nothing to do with the accusations I suppose ?

Tosh

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 08:27:45 pm »
Dave,

You know I like you, but you also know I do all the cooking in our house!

The timer on the cooker is about to go 'ding' and our lasange thing is going to be ready in about one minute; I'm a touch-typist; honest; so I'll be quick.

I don't think the Fed is for me, so I have no problems having a dig at them; and from what I've read, it could be well-deserved; maybe.

What's all the secrecy thing?  Blimey; we're all window cleaners at the end of the day; so why isn't the financial workings of the FWC open for even non-members to see?  What have they got to hide?

Ding ding ding; back later.

Tosh

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 09:29:09 pm »
FWC is a trade association for professional window cleaners.

This isn’t complicated, it’s not a question and your views or opinions on this mean nothing, it’s just the FWC is the trade association for professional window cleaners.

Some will never understand this, you can read, but you just don’t understand.

;D

Ewan,

What's a professional window cleaner? 

Although I/we don't earn 'big bucks', I know a few window cleaners who have 'top days' that would make your eyes water.

None of them are members of FWC, Safe Contractor, Boy Scouts, PIRA, CIRA, or the Free Masons.

But they all do a good job, safely; and have years of experience behind them.

They can use a squeegie, and pay income tax also; unlike you!

So what's your point?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 09:38:21 pm »
Bryan,

I'll consider your offer; but to be honest, I don't see why the FWC can't be open and transparent; even to non members.  It may attract new members?

What have they got to hide?  What's so bad they can't say, here, look at my accounts; look at our history of what we've done with our members money.

Why all the secrecy?  I'm sure you understand; just look what's happening in the news with regards to MPs at the moment.

David of St Ives says you're a non profit organisation; but non profit organisations have many perks; I know; I served with the UN and as a lowly soldier was given lots of perks, including a brand new Cherokee Jeep and 52 seater buses I could hire to ferry my mates around different pubs on the Dalmation Coast; I abused the priveliges, because I could; that's human nature.

Big non-profit organisations = big rip off!

In my honest opinion; I've met blokes who do well - financially - from these sort of organisations.

Maybe I've been overly harsh; I've had a tough day cleaning windows!  But that's the perception I have.

Why does the FWC and it's accountability (or lack of?) bother you so much Tosh?

Just askin'  :)
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2009, 09:38:57 pm »
I'm no big fan of the Fed, and I've had my differences with Bryan over the years, but if you want to know about FWC business and their accounts etc then you'll have to join to find out.
This is like a non shareholder of Virgin demanding to know about their accounts. What answer do you think Richard Branson would give you. Only those paid up to the FWC can demand answers to FWC activities.
now if you suspect there has been illegal activities going on then the right channel would be the Police.

Mr Formby

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2009, 10:37:58 pm »
All Fed members have just got there latest edition of Window Talk, and with it came a copy of the Federations Trading and Profit and Loss Accounts for year ending 2008.