This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevin James

SLX Versus Pete Fogwills Clampless Autobrush..
« on: March 25, 2009, 09:54:38 pm »
Anybody had a chance to compare these 2?

Kevin

Nathanael Jones

Re: SLX Versus Pete Fogwills Clampless Autobrush..
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 10:15:09 pm »
No comparison,...

Completely different poles,.... the SLX is lighter and MUCH more rigid, the clampless pole is VERY quick to use but suited to lower work IMO.

kevin James

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 11:01:54 pm »
So, for everyday domestic work Petes pole gets the work done quicker?

Kevin

NWH

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 11:04:02 pm »
I`ll bet that clampless pole is an RSI sufferers nightmare.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 12:09:08 am »

Kevin

Of course not, you work much faster with a lighter more rigid pole. Seriously though, how long does it take to open a clamp.

groundhog

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 08:18:54 am »
I've never used either of these poles, but my clampless Harris pole is the fastest and lightest pole I have ever used. I have put the clip of me using it back onto youtube under 'clampless pole' if anyone wants to see for themselves.  ;D

kevin James

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 08:31:29 am »

Kevin

Of course not, you work much faster with a lighter more rigid pole. Seriously though, how long does it take to open a clamp.

That's a rather definite statement without experiment.
I'm in sight of having to be vat registered, working on my own using a quad. It's all about access & speed. At the mo I'm using a 24 ft alloy Brodex which is a nice pole. But time & motion tells me that collapsing the pole quicker plus more control on flow without having to fumble for taps could see an extra £20 -£40 a day.

When pete releases his upgrade, I'll let you know.
Kevin.

EZclean

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 08:54:02 am »
I've never used either of these poles, but my clampless Harris pole is the fastest and lightest pole I have ever used. I have put the clip of me using it back onto youtube under 'clampless pole' if anyone wants to see for themselves.  ;D

i cant find it bud, only brings up peters demo
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

EZclean

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 10:10:47 am »
found it  :D
what brush are you using

groundhog

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 12:49:57 pm »
found it  :D
what brush are you using

The clip was taken a while ago, but I think i was using a sill brush with jets, I now use a lighter Vulcan brush.  :)

jsm

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 06:37:04 pm »
[

I'm in sight of having to be vat registered, working on my own using a quad. 

Quad - are using a quad to go round the houses ?? where you put the tank , is it on a trailer
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 07:40:02 pm »

Yep,.. It gave me shoulder pain after a year from "Throwing" the pole up,...

Switched to modular (and a harris pole) and it went away.

It is VERY quick to use though if you can handle it.

dai

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 09:38:21 pm »
Groundhog, I was thinking of giving it a try, but I hate it when the pole twists when I'm brushing, one second the brush is on the glass, the next I'm cleaning with the stock. How do you stop this from happening?
I do love that Harris pole though.

twt

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 09:55:45 pm »

well done that is a good round you have there, how long have you been window cleaning  and did you buy your round or build it yourself.

kevin James

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 10:43:55 pm »

well done that is a good round you have there, how long have you been window cleaning  and did you buy your round or build it yourself.

Hi,
On the ladders for 5 & wfp for 3.
The best advice for anyone starting, IMO, is to buy a small round off somebody retiring ie well known & respected. You might have to pay over the odds but it will pay dividends. I payed £500 for 80 customers & built the round ( currently 750 ) over 8 years. Keep putting out flyers where you work & talk to the neighbours if they're out & about. It takes time but you end up with a compact round where you spend little on fuel ( £10-£15 a week) butmost important nearly all your time is at the coal face.  I don't charge top dollar (£7 for a 3 bed) & people get to hear about this. AND if you're regular, don't they love you!

Persistence & Patience defitnely pays off

Kevin.   

EZclean

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 12:04:26 am »
i saw a pic of the quad on another forum.
it looks mint!!!
pulling a trailer. i bet its a talking point in the area

kevin James

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 07:12:08 am »
[

Quad - are using a quad to go round the houses ?? where you put the tank , is it on a trailer

Hi,
Heres some pics,
Kevin

groundhog

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 08:13:09 am »
Groundhog, I was thinking of giving it a try, but I hate it when the pole twists when I'm brushing, one second the brush is on the glass, the next I'm cleaning with the stock. How do you stop this from happening?
I do love that Harris pole though.

Hi Dai, I used to have this problem when I first started using the pole clampless, but I found the extra speed more than made up for these early problems and I adapted my technique. I find that for most work this isn't a problem, its only when you have to start using the pole at awkward angles that the brush spins, but I still have the clamps on the pole, and can use them for the odd awkward window if needed.  :)

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 10:11:46 am »

Kevin

Tim I would agree with you if you only opened a clamp a couple of times per day, but have a think about how many times a day you actually do it.  And when you have opened your clamp and you are manually opening or closing your pole, have a think how many times your doing that in a day, and how much time is waisted.  And while we are at it think about the times you are struggling to get your pole from one side of a washing line to the other, because you don't want to waist the time lowering your pole and putting it up again.  It all mounts up.

Obviously I am not going to sell a pole to everyone, people will have their own reasons not to buy.  If people want to earn a reduced amount per hour then that is up to them, but the poles will be available to the people who want to earn more per hour than they are just now.

Peter

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 10:17:19 am »

You don't have to flick the pole up the way you imagine or the way you have seen on the video.  I have a few older customers who don't do it this way, they either pull it to size and then lift it up, or they hook the brush on something and pull it out to size, then lift it up.

You still have all the time saving benefits and convenience of closing the pole instantly.

Peter