This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martinsadie

Re: Leaflet distribution companies - what's your thoughts?
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 09:00:59 pm »
why not bung the postman a few quid to drop them off  ;D ;D

Tosh

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 11:20:10 pm »
why not bung the postman a few quid to drop them off  ;D ;D

Stan,

Postmen only have a limited range of houses they deliver too.

But with 3000 leaflets; I'm basically targetting 90% of the inhabitants of Chepstow.  Even Squeaks and Ian_Giles should be getting leaflets through their doors (and I'll be asking them if they have; just to be sure).

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 07:46:43 am »
We have a regular drop of 5,000 flyers (a5) every month dropped for us.
They go out in bundles of 5 - 10 leaflets depending on what the distribution company has in the area.
We pay £24 per thousand.

Tosh

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 09:16:26 am »
Daniel,

This is probably a 'how long is a peice of string' question, but how much work on average do you get from 5000 leaflets?

I take it since you have them dropped regularly, it must work.  Also do you target the same areas?

pjulk

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 01:37:08 pm »
I had 10,000 done by a company 2 years ago.

I told them where i wanted them delivering and they done all area except the one's i wanted.  >:(

They also bundled them together with about 7 other leaflets.

I got about 20 calls in total and none of which were any good.

I would never use a company again to deliver my leaflets.

£230 pound down on delivery plus about £120 for leaflets to be printed.

An expensive mistake £350 out of pocket an nothing to show for it.

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 06:40:00 pm »
Tosh , i have results ranging from 0.12% up to 0.44% this year.
Small numbers yes i know,but over time it builds up.I try to target new areas,but obviously after a while you have to come back unless you want to move further afield with your business.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 06:36:29 pm »
I designed and printed my own on microsoft office and get a few different guys to drop for me sometimes I do them myself aswell especially when I started out I pay £30 per thousand - last year I did 3000 in oct inside our local paper - had 3 calls I guess the paper went in the bin with the leaflet  :'( best to get em put through the door seperatley...

seandyer2003

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 07:21:59 pm »
i canvassed for an hour this morning and came up with £50 monthly regular work... and good work too - in my opinion if you want real results get out and knock!!! Leaflet the empties and call again on them if you want to be really thorough!!

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 08:23:41 pm »
They recon TV ad's take 7 showings to start getting results. Personally I would target the same area with fliers every 2 weeks for 3 months.

if you have a free paper delivery try to get the deliverer to add them to their paper for the 3 months.

weetot

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 09:06:20 pm »
I think you may need to re-mortgage your house and all your families houses to advertise on TV.!
Not that youre going to.............just thought id mention it.
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 09:09:59 pm »
Sorry I meant that in principle one flier wont work. We need to be advertised to 7 times for it to get through.

seandyer2003

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 05:18:53 pm »
were was you friday sean?

Sorry just read this - i was really behind and had to work i am on holiday for the next one too so i am scheduled to go and do one in brummy land the day before i go on may 15th :)

Was sorry to miss it though but have had loads of family visiting and stuff and had forgot i needed to be finished in time for that nvq day but i really had to catch up :(

Was it any good? Are you still thinking its a good enough reason to have all your staff off for the day??

Totus

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 10:22:35 pm »
Dropping flyers yourself is the best way. Last year when I still had a couple of spare days each month I had a bloke I know do some canvassing whilst I was working and he charged me an hourly rate, but I reduced this with some haggling and said if I picked any up from the area he dropped i'd give him £5 for each one. I picked up 20 new customers from 2 days dropping and gave him £100 on top. Sounds alot but in month 2 I had an extra £200 odd quid extra each month. If I picked up 5 i'd only have to give him £25 so my outlay costs were relative to the success of the canvassing. P.S Pay AFTER you've done the clean!!!!

Some tips for creating flyers that work.

1) Put on it "Don't Need Us Now. Keep This Flyer" - I get quite a few phone call months later.

2) Offer Discounts eg. Become a regular customer and recommend a friend, neighbour etc and we'll knock 50% of the new clean you recommend of your next clean (ONLY) if they become monthly/every other month customers - Everyone likes a discount and a month later you'll get the full price.

3) On my most recent flyer I am giving new customers the opportunity to win £400 of vouchers if they become regular customers this is restrcited to the first 100 new customers at which point the draw will be done . I've also put out a letter to existing customers with the same offer. Did this in March and have already picked up another 30 customers - Why look for new work when you can eat from the plate you already have and get your customers to be sales people!!!

Also advertise on the reverse of your slips you put through the door, your putting it through anyway so who knows - it works for me anyway.

Plus flyer the houses next to the house you are cleaning EVERY TIME. It's in your area it only takes of couple of minutes to do especially if you round is brimming and you don't have to schedule a specific day for canvassing.

DON'T WORK HARD WORK SMART  ;D

Anyone interested in seeing the flyers (I have 2 types i've dropped in recent months) feel free to email me at info@totusonline.co.uk and i'll send some low res jpgs.

Good Hunting

Neil