This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david wood

collecting money
« on: November 15, 2003, 04:30:52 pm »
hi how many nights of the week do you guys collect i try and get most of mine in when i clean them but if they are out i usely collect fridays i was wondering if any of you collected every night

fez

Re: collecting
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 07:13:44 pm »
I try to go out the same night if I can and get it early. Sometimes I have to leave it 'till the weekend.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 09:05:18 pm »
i tried fridays but found most people out now when i clean in week i put bill throug hdoor sayinfg will collect sun most are in because of work,scool etc the next day if there still not in then i leave slip saying post cheque to me.

david wood

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 10:46:07 pm »
GOOD IDEA IF I HAVE PROBLEMS COLLECTING MY MONEY I WILL SAY POST A CHEQUE OR WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING IS LEAVE IT WITH NEXT DOOR AND IF I STILL GET NO RESPONCE WELL THERE NOT WORTH HAVING AS A CUSTOMER

Mikey Warner

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 10:59:09 pm »
Hi Guy's,

I have started to leave a printed slip saying I will collect on the Friday evening between 5 & 7pm. If I have no luck then?? I leave another printed slip saying i called for collection for my service and i will return on the monday between the same times. So far this is working for me as they usually leave it with a neighbour or they fone me to arrange alternative way.  ;D ;D

Mikey

anderclean

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 11:44:56 pm »
guys

I haven't collected in over 10 years.
Customers need to be educated on commencement.
I show them (and leave with them) a copy of my slip I leave when the work done........ says on it who to make payable too and where to send it etc..
I've had very, very little resistance to this and if they don't send it - I don't work for them no more.

Collect yourself and it's a rod for your back........

Rob

STEVE71163

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 11:56:07 pm »
Hi Rob,
         I have done the same for the last five years :D Why should i spend another couple of hours at the end of the week colecting money ???

Steve

matt

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2003, 12:01:28 am »
I spoke to a local window cleaner (1 who does speak, not look at you as if he's about to kill you, why do fellow window cleaners allways look that way ?????)

anyway, he used to put a evelope in the door, and he said to me, sometimes a punter can owe him 6 months money, this is not good at all :(

STEVE71163

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2003, 12:23:53 am »
Hi Matt,
          I think it is down to the relationship you have with your customers from the start. I am nearly always paid before i go the next time and if i have not i give them a call and ask if they got my card through the door and i never need to do it a second time ;D

Steve

Majestic

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2003, 12:25:39 am »
I am getting to the point now where most of my customers pay when I have cleaned .The ones that are at work or are out what I do is put a card in saying that I have cleaned today and wil call to collect on Friday or  Monday  eve, if I dont catch them in on those eves I will clean again the next week , then if the same I will not clean again . They need a window cleaner more than I need to clean there windows , the way to look at it is more is less  ??? charge more clean less 8)

pdhanson

Re: collecting money
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2003, 08:57:42 pm »
Collecting is becomming a thing of the past.  I started leaving envelopes 7 months ago, and have had no problems at all.  It saves hours of time.  I will never collect again.

The Future's Bright

The Future's ENVELOPES

The Silly One

paul

Re: collecting money
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2003, 09:58:28 pm »
WELL MY GUYS USALLY COLLECT ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY EVENINGS BETWEEN 6AND8 PM BUT WE ALSO ASK THE CUSTOMER IF SENDING CHEQUE TO LET US KNOW SO WE DONT MAKE A WASTED JOURNEY