This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVE71163

Hard water staining on glass
« on: November 15, 2003, 10:29:46 am »
I seem to be getting a lot of hard water staining on glass lately ::) What product do you find works best to remove it ???

Steve

STEVE71163

Re: Hard water staining on glass
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 01:48:11 pm »
Has anyone tried Ungar Rub out ??? Is that any good ???

Steve

sham33

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 02:00:22 pm »
I bought some stuff from scrim city for hard water stains but they recommended thick gloves and goggles to use it so i didn't bother  :-/

Heres the link http://www.scrimcity.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_40&products_id=71

STEVE71163

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 02:19:15 pm »
Thanks for the link. I think i will order some because i am getting a lot of hard water staining lately. ::)

Steve

STEVE71163

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 03:28:45 pm »
I was just looking at the Titan site (Makers of GG3-4) and notice a product called Mdr-b  for removing hard water stains on glass. Has anyone tried this product ???

Steve

g_griffin

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2003, 04:20:14 pm »
Steve, they sell mdr (mineral deposit remover) at Wintecs(sorry Mike). It says it works for hard water film so I think it`s the same stuff. Never tried it but I`d be interested to know how effective it is. Have you been aked to remove these stains or are you doing it on your own initiative? I wouldn`t buy something like this unless the job was specifically asked for by the customer and then I`d charge accordingly.  Gerry.

STEVE71163

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 02:39:45 pm »
Hi Gerry,
            I will get some mdr so i will report back when i have used it. No its not that i have been asked but when i walk away from a job i want it to be A1.

Steve