Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phil Marlor

Re: What do you look for in a Truck Mount?
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2005, 11:21:47 pm »

You havn't upset me,  but if I was earning nearly £1800 in 4 days fuel cost would be the least of my worrys.
But I am not!

I would like to know your marketing structure cause at the moment I am having my worst period in 4 years and not for the want of trying.

Glyn, £870 is not huge amount in 3 days, often done it in the Summer up to Xmas, but it is in March early April, however £1800 in 4 days is a huge amount for a single operator or is it just me?

I would go and purchase a new TM tommorow if I could guarantee that kind of turnover for this time of year.

Phil

Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2005, 02:36:01 pm »
I must admit, when I was giving my gas consumption I was guessing, so today i measured it exactly I filled it up this morning home & back again 5hrs  work @ £210 and when I filled it up again just now I'd used £4.76p so my fual cost are about 2.3% of turn over

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Glynn

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2005, 02:54:35 pm »
Phil,
What do you call a bad march or feb or jan ?

£1800 in 4 days is still not anywhere near the full potential for a Tm
Ive done a K in a day.
Regards
Glynn

Martin_Riley

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2005, 07:51:12 pm »
Phil, although I will admit that it's a bit slow at the moment I am still getting enquiries. I currently have about £3000 of work booked in not inc maintenance plans. If you include the Fastrack fee then our marketing budget for the year is about £12000. This includes 2500 fliers a week with Royal Mail a half page YP ad, commercial letters( when I get round to doing them) a couple of Parish Mags. I also am charging more than some of you so this helps as well. I convert about 7/10 quotes and have an average job ticket of about £200. This includes commercial jobs and VAT. Hope this helps you.
Martin :)
Martin J Riley, Tiverton, Devon, NCCA, IICRC

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2005, 08:46:06 pm »
It does help alot if you charge top end prices to get your monthly total up, you just have to be brave!

And with respect to anyone charging at the 'lower than average??' prices I HAVE BEEN THERE !

I could have done with a TM then to help me clean a suite and a carpet for £45, but I was always full I was a busy fool don't you fall into the same trap.

Shaun

Phil Marlor

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2005, 10:03:34 pm »

Glynn, I know that its possible to earn £1k in a day, I have done it myself a few times, but they are few & far between. I dont want to say what a bad Jan/Feb/March is for fear of some ripping the p**s out of me.

I dont want to get into a big discussion but my prices are ok, not top end but its the 1st quite period I have had for 4 years, I guess Im not used to it and I panic easily.

I want a a powerfull Tm but still not confident the phone will ring enough to pay for it and all the general costs of running a business, the thought of £17K worth of equipment sitting on the drive would have me  reaching for the razor blades :o

Martin, I now see how you reach those figures, £12K on marketing inc. fastrack and you use the word our, so I assume you employ.

Anyway roll on Summer.

Phil

Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Martin_Riley

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2005, 09:38:07 pm »
Phil,
The "our " is my lovely wife Diane who answers the phone and deals with all my admin work. This business is definetely easier with a husband /wife team working together IMO.
Martin :)
Martin J Riley, Tiverton, Devon, NCCA, IICRC