Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bad trippy

Listen to this
« on: March 10, 2009, 04:15:02 pm »
Out canvassing today for trad, was asked to quote for a 4 bed detached house, with front bay window, windows to both sides largest conservatory, most windows had lead but not lattice, ie just a border of lead, the lady said she wasnt happy with her window cleaners as she didnt like wfp, i quoted £30, explained the job plus conservatory would take best part of a hour, she nearly dropped dead as her current windies charge £12, man what some people are prepared to work for!
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

mlscontractcleaner

Re: Listen to this
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 04:38:32 pm »
Don't forget though, while you're still cleaning the front windows the WFP guy will have finished and will be cleaning the neighbour's windows.

Conservatories are easy with a pole; so is lead windows and so on and so on.

You didn't get the job 'cause she's used to paying £12 so £30 sounded a tad pricey.

As for the professionalism comment, I hope that doesn't mean that a WFP user doesn't have any!!
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

kenaltobelli

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 04:46:41 pm »
i took it as wfp isnt professonal . ???
thats the thing with wfp when will you get it in your heads some times its a lot quicker
and you can pass on a saving to the custi not be a cowboy just pass on a saving get it

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 05:53:50 pm »
Thats the thing with WFP there is a hugee speed diffrence between doing Leaded windows trad and WFP!

the WFP is much much more faster and hell of alot easier and probs come up alot better when the sun is shining.

I love using it on the leads and windows like that i think it really does do a better job than me getting up there rubing like hell and then the sun comes out and theres bound to be a little mark or two maybe not much for a customer to complain, but i like it done right  :P
Dave.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 05:59:19 pm »
Get flashy flyers plenty of signwriting then you`ll get your price,turn up in an old banger and jeans you`ll look more like dick turpin i`m not saying you do but the reaction you get to price is all about the image you give.

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 06:00:09 pm »
if someone with a wfp passes on the saving surely they would be better just sticking to trad as how can they then pay for replacment di and ro filters, insurance, tuns of water etc etc.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 06:06:49 pm »
if someone with a wfp passes on the saving surely they would be better just sticking to trad as how can they then pay for replacment di and ro filters, insurance, tuns of water etc etc.
Exactly there is no point quoting cheap just because you can now do it quicker,the moneys made because you now have the tools to do it faster.Reduce your prices and do twice the amount of work for the same money,no thank`s.

dave0123

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 06:23:29 pm »
Exactly there is no point quoting cheap just because you can now do it quicker,the moneys made because you now have the tools to do it faster.Reduce your prices and do twice the amount of work for the same money,no thank`s.

Could not agree more! if everyone droped there prices the ladder guys would have to do it for hardly anything to get work. plus if you started dropping the prices and at one time had to go back to ladder because your system gets stolen or something like that and dont have the cash to buy another then your going to lose out serious amounts.
Dave.

cozy

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 06:39:01 pm »
Thank god for that NWH, I want to go WFP over here this year and would NEVER drop my price. The tool (WFP) is for my advantage, secondly the custy. That's how I see it

Just read Dave0123's line. I agree too mate

NWH

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 06:49:37 pm »
The fact is it does cost more to use WFP i`ve had to spend another £1k this week on a new static setup and other bits but it`s worth it because you can earn more so i only see it as investing not just plain spending for spendings sake.If a product comes out to make life easier i will buy it every time,like i say i don`t see it as a waste but it would be if i wasn`t earning from it and dropping prices is not the answer for me.

kris martin

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 07:02:37 pm »
sorry trad guys but the one and only reason i'm wfp is safety, some of my prices are low but i make a good living and despite what other people think about the expense of wfp i really wouldnt say its that bad at all, i have spent £20 quid on filters and a new pole over the last year and that's it...

bad trippy

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 07:10:55 pm »
There was a few people on the estate that mention they were not to impressed by wfp system but to be honest if thats the case i would be inclined to think it was more the poor workmanship of the operator rather than the system its self. I admit a few doors ive knocked on recently have wfp and ive noticed it does a excellent job especialy the frames look clean
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

cozy

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 07:13:39 pm »
Good point, but why drop a price because you have WFP?

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 07:14:12 pm »
sorry trad guys but the one and only reason i'm wfp is safety, some of my prices are low but i make a good living and despite what other people think about the expense of wfp i really wouldnt say its that bad at all, i have spent £20 quid on filters and a new pole over the last year and that's it...

did you ge the system for free then?

kris martin

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 07:25:47 pm »

no obviously not but it diddnt cost me an arm an a leg either and you have to bare in mind their is always a start up cost the trad way, maybe not as much (granted) but i would say the actual running cost is not that much more than trad.  I'm talking about my business by the way and nobody elses so other peoples expenses may differ significantly to mine..

cozy

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 07:31:15 pm »
Trad start up approx 300 quid plus whatever vehicle u can afford

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 07:35:44 pm »

no obviously not but it diddnt cost me an arm an a leg either and you have to bare in mind their is always a start up cost the trad way, maybe not as much (granted) but i would say the actual running cost is not that much more than trad.  I'm talking about my business by the way and nobody elses so other peoples expenses may differ significantly to mine..

I dont really have a problem with anyone charging less than me, if there happy to work for less then so be it, its not really anything to do with me, so I am not questioning your priceing system. However I think if you are honest it costs you more than £20 filters and a pole. What about extra vehicle insurance, water, additional fuel usesage due to the weight, do your tires wear more due to the wieght etc. Thats really the only point I was trying to make there.

kris martin

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 07:45:52 pm »
i understand but let me give you an example, we dont use a van mount we use a trolley £1000 complete and was told the trolley will give you at least a few years of use if looked after properly, we used to use 2 big ladders and now use none, the ladders we used cost £150 each and used to get inspected and respiked at 6 months at £30 a ladder and the ladders got replaced after 12 months, thats £360 in the first year £360 in the second year and £360 in the third year.  granted i might of been over cautious with ladders but i diddnt want to take risks with people climbing ladders for me and have that on my head. i make that over £1000 for my ladders over 3 years and £1000 for trolley system and the ladders and trolley system will go in the same car.

kris martin

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 07:49:09 pm »
like i say this is how i run my business and know everybody runs their own business their own way but i honestly dont see much difference in the actual running costs of the business.

martinsadie

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 07:50:16 pm »
ive spikes on my ladders that are 20 year old  ;D ;D