This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: the truth about WFP
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 10:56:12 pm »

I almost felt guilty because what's the point of me cleaning the insides when the exterior is covered in runs and spots?

money, take it and run

how many of use have a house or 2 on our rounds that the insides are filthy and you CANNOT tell they have been done

i clean a house owned by 2 teachers, the insides havent been cleaned since way way before i started, they are filthy, loads of mould and mildew on them, its the easiest 10 quid i ever earn, rinse, why bother

mick59murphy

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 01:02:12 am »
lol

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 03:42:22 pm »
so i have come a lot closer to getting myself set up with a system. I visited the supplier today and thi is what im thinking of getting:

75litre trolley system with battery and controller
12-15 foot glass fibre pole
11litre DI vessel
4040 system
100m of 8mm hosing.

thats the main parts. The way i see myslef operating is having a static unit at my base where i will run the water through the 4040 AND the Di and store it untill i use it. I have a trailer so im going to use that for now, my only problem is thati need to use the trailer for other purposes. Have you guys any ideas of the best way to transport water than can easily remove from the trailer but also is easy to run into the trolley system?

ftp

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 05:02:55 pm »
so i have come a lot closer to getting myself set up with a system. I visited the supplier today and thi is what im thinking of getting:

75litre trolley system with battery and controller
12-15 foot glass fibre pole
11litre DI vessel
4040 system
100m of 8mm hosing.

thats the main parts. The way i see myslef operating is having a static unit at my base where i will run the water through the 4040 AND the Di and store it untill i use it. I have a trailer so im going to use that for now, my only problem is thati need to use the trailer for other purposes. Have you guys any ideas of the best way to transport water than can easily remove from the trailer but also is easy to run into the trolley system?

What do you need a 4040 system for? How much water are you going to carry?

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 08:48:28 pm »
ive been told its the most effeicent, effective system out there. but are you going to tell me something else?

im unsure as to how much water or how im going to carry my water as yet.

ftp

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 09:02:39 pm »
4040 may be the best for producing large quantities of water fast. If you don't require this then a smaller 300 gallon per day unit will be adequate and cheaper to buy and service for a one man band provided you have a static tank. If you want to use the trailer for other things then containers of water would be your best bet so you can remove them quickly.

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 11:03:01 pm »
yea i agree with you, i am goin to have a 1000 litre static tank at my house. so i think i will have a final chat with the man before i buy. They sell the 300GPD RO-man unit. i have 7-8 bar pressure at my house, with tds of 200. what kind of reading would this unit take the tds to?

yea im thinking of going with a few/lots of 25litre jars and maybe a few barrels to start with and i can build from there.

windowswashed

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 12:33:09 am »

I almost felt guilty because what's the point of me cleaning the insides when the exterior is covered in runs and spots?

money, take it and run

how many of use have a house or 2 on our rounds that the insides are filthy and you CANNOT tell they have been done

i clean a house owned by 2 teachers, the insides havent been cleaned since way way before i started, they are filthy, loads of mould and mildew on them, its the easiest 10 quid i ever earn, rinse, why bother

I have a custie like that. Always wants the outside doing and insides were always black. After 3years they finally cleaned the insides. I almost died of amazement. Insides are always kept immaculately clean nowadays. What a transformation. Miracles do happen.

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 06:30:10 am »
yea i agree with you, i am goin to have a 1000 litre static tank at my house. so i think i will have a final chat with the man before i buy. They sell the 300GPD RO-man unit. i have 7-8 bar pressure at my house, with tds of 200. what kind of reading would this unit take the tds to?

yea im thinking of going with a few/lots of 25litre jars and maybe a few barrels to start with and i can build from there.

I am not so sure you want a small RO UNIT. Those 300 a day were originally designed for marine & fisheries and to put under your kitchen sink for drinking water.

Consider this what if you get lots more work you will have to invest in a larger RO to cope with the amount of water you are using.

We have a 4040 but are even considering another one to run two as we have gained work.

Think carefully and buy what you need for your business. We deal in in mainly commercial but have residential as well.

Dave

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 10:23:18 am »
exactly - plan for the future... i dont intend to be a one man band in the future with a few days of cleaning. so it may be a few extra pounds at the minute, but may prove a saving in the future!

right its sorted, im buying!!

*runs to toilet as i realise the enormity of what im doing!!*

lol

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 05:57:44 pm »
my order is placed - i should be fully functional by the middle of next week!

Robin Ray

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 07:08:52 pm »
Hi

The first month is always a nightmare after that its much quicker. The filter system will look after itself between filter changes. Its often the smaller things that get all the flack. The biggest problem I found was I spent money on some cheeper stuff and it broke within 5 mins. Don't bother with getting a cheep hose reel it will be the first thing break.

Rob

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 07:51:22 pm »
Hi

The first month is always a nightmare after that its much quicker. The filter system will look after itself between filter changes. Its often the smaller things that get all the flack. The biggest problem I found was I spent money on some cheeper stuff and it broke within 5 mins. Don't bother with getting a cheep hose reel it will be the first thing break.

Rob
Yes that's very true I bought a B & Q hosereel once, what a laugh lasted half a day before I kicked it to death in rage after it jammed again. (temper temper)

Dave Connolly

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 09:10:05 pm »
The truth about WFP,mmmm.
Most of the guys on here are gonna hate me saying this but I've been doing this job since I was 15 so I should know a little more than most.
On a domestic round there is NO BETTER way to clean windows and get consistent results than a ladder and squeegee.
PERIOD.   
  Now,bear in mind,I have been WFP for 2 years now and I have no intentions of going back to ladders full time even  though I know it dosen't do as consistent a job.
 Why?
Safety...simple as that.
Nothing to do with money,or having the latest cleaning gizmo etc....its just safer.

ANYBODY that tells you standing at a great distance from something and doing it does a better or as good a job as being up close at something is incredibly dumb and naive.

Wfp the tops and blade the bottoms that way you can at least be sure of most of your work.
Wfp can do a  great job in the right hands but there are to many variables to get it 100% right all the time.
Thing is,I take my time WFP and because of that I see little if any difference in speed,unless its a large property,but  I haven't had a complaint yet.But I know if I was to speed up there would be problems.
I still use ladders on alot of work and thats the work I dont have to worry about.

macmac

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 09:44:53 pm »
It's very easy to produce pure water, Consider & invest in your pole & brush more as this will be the biggest influencing factor on wether you make a good job or not ;)

I would shoot the guy who advised you a 12 to 15ft f/g pole! :D

Trad = 100% sucsess rate

WFP = Can range from perfect to worse than before you cleaned them & the variables that determine this are too many to list.

Tony

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 10:45:02 pm »

I would shoot the guy who advised you a 12 to 15ft f/g pole! :D

why?

Dave Connolly

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 10:56:00 pm »
Get a 17ft xcel.Will cover most if not all a domestic round.
Best value pole out there.
Just realised your from n.ireland also.
Not many of us posting on here......so greetings!

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 11:16:53 pm »
well i have also acquired a 2nd hand 24ft pole so hopefully between the 2 i will be covered.

so you are from the north? whereabouts you based?