This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simp

Fishing Poles
« on: March 01, 2009, 03:12:15 pm »
Just finished converting a carbon fishing pole to wfp having used an aluminium for the last two years. Tried it on my own windows. Works a treat. May take some getting used to as its a sectional pole rather than the telescopic I'm used to. But the weight difference is amazing!
Its 26' long and all for 100 quid!!! Anyone else had a go and what do you think.

simp

Re: Fishing Poles
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 03:24:33 pm »
Its an RBS Colmic Troy-900 with an extension piece, if that means anything. Just went in to the local tackle shop. That was what they had. Last time I fished was down the local cut with a net so haven't got a clue really. Rather use it to earn money than sit on my a**e all day with it!
I'll take some pic's later and post them.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 03:25:02 pm »
£100???

There's one on ebay for £40!!!

The Gangster ones are £60 from Cheshire fishing too!

simp

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 03:28:29 pm »
That includes the brush and all the bits though!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 03:51:35 pm »
LOL,.. that's a bit more like it then!!

I got an 11mtr one but managed to use all but the top section and a half,.. ended up with a 30' pole! Light as a feather, and much more rigid than my old fibreglass pole.

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 03:58:44 pm »
I think fishing poles are great; I'd recommend them to anyone to try one first before parting with their hard earned for an off-the-shelf version.

Saying that, I've only used my fishing poles to about 35 foot; and they worked a treat; so I can't comment on working higher than that with a DIY pole.

matt

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 04:23:15 pm »
funny enough i made another pole today ( as a spare )

as on wednesday mine was pulled over and snapped, i repaired it, arrived at a job today ( yes sunday  ::) ) and where i had glued it inside the other bit, it was too close to the joint and the other bit would go inside that far ( silly mistake by me to be honest ) , so i used my spare  a end bit of the gangsta ) and the connection to the brush gave in, so i finished the last section with the brush taped onto the ned of the pole  ::) ::) it worked ok

so i got home and built another end section

i then thought i would get my hose reel done, its very good, i will take some pics in the week

elite mike

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 06:07:57 pm »
i use the fishing mod poles, would not go back to telescopic now 8)

unless alex is giving a slx 30 away ;D ;D

karygate

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 10:06:52 am »
i did a 16m convert but has anyone converted a telescopic pole with sucess.
gary

kenaltobelli

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 05:26:24 pm »
just out of intrest how do you insulate the handle against a lecky shock
like iconics poles it needs to be done :o

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 05:34:11 pm »
No one has been shocked with these poles, I remeber "Rupert the Hair" being really bothered by it but I would guess hes got used to the poles now ? emporium provide heat shrink section covers on the first 5 sections poles. I have never come that close to getting shocked but I do have Electricians CE approved gloves If I want to keep safe. But have never had to use them in 3 years.
The Glass fibre Zensorflex tip and pole I also I had tested to 1000v by an approved eletrician so you could use a glassfibre base section and a glass fibre tip section   or the whole pole ?

kenaltobelli

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 05:43:05 pm »
years ago when carbon rods came out a few anglers touched pylons
so its a thing to keep in mind but glassfiber is ok so im led to beleive but
i would still whear wellies as well cant be to safe

landy2

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 05:54:03 pm »
dont these fishing rods look diy and cheap looking

simp

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 09:43:23 pm »
Cheap? It depends if you use the Blue Peter method. The cornflake box gets a bit soggy by the end of the day, but I've waterproofed it with cellotape. ;D

BUT SERIOUSLY, its a great pole, bit of effort and thought, but it looks and performs as good as anything out there. For not much money. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Tosh

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 10:12:50 pm »

Hey, I use fishing poles; so I'm going to take offense at your post; since you're calling me 'cheap' and therefore insinuating that I'm tacky too.

DIY poles look no different from the Superlite, which definately aren't cheap.

The above quote isn't the cleverest post I've read here either.  What do you think the Superlite is based on?  Rocket science technology?  No FISHING POLES.

DOH! ;D

Chameleon

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 10:17:02 pm »

DOH! ;D

;D ;D ;D nice one!  ;D 8) ::)

landy2

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 12:48:25 pm »
i have seen these fishing poles and they dont sell yourself as pro but home made i myself like to have a good image i only have the best tools i find you pay for what you get DOH

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 02:37:44 pm »
I ordered a Gangster pole yesterday. The guys at Cheshire fishing are very helpful!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 06:01:25 pm »
i have seen these fishing poles and they dont sell yourself as pro but home made i myself like to have a good image i only have the best tools i find you pay for what you get DOH
[/quote

Without the customised base sections from 4ft, as a punter or an officiano you can not tell the differencefrom between a fishing pole or a suppliers.
Except a fishing pole will last as just as long as a suppliers and is significantly cheaper.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 06:11:04 pm »
[/quote

Without the customised base sections from 4ft, as a punter or an officiano you can not tell the differencefrom between a fishing pole or a suppliers.
Except a fishing pole will last as just as long as a suppliers and is significantly cheaper.

They do look the same Jeff, but there is a world of difference in the strength of a Super-Lite and a standard fishing pole.