Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richy27

new van
« on: February 17, 2009, 01:16:20 am »
Goin to change my van to somethin little bigger been lookng at a second hand trafic or vivaro any experiences on these  economy etc etc

clinton

Re: new van
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:09:14 am »
Richard

You can get some really good deals at the mo,was looking last week at a medium size and new it was under 10k that was 3 grand off,that was on a citroen.

If i was going used for a large van i would go nissan or toyota  ???

Ricky M

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 08:10:12 am »
Got a 2nd hand Vivaro SWB 55 plate , it drives well looks good £60-£80 per week fuel , used every day and wkds .
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

mark shannon

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 08:21:01 am »
Fiat Ducato  transit engine big loadspace for swb, getting 480m for £70 diesal.

derek west

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 08:39:06 am »
going out in my traffic now, i'll check the fuel consumption on the trippy for ya, think its around the 30 mark.
derek

Paul Heath

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 10:53:09 am »
I get 600 miles out of a tank in my Traffic...very pleased with it would recommend one

derek west

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 12:08:56 pm »
bang on 30 miles to the gallon, done 6000 miles, 1500 motorway and the rest urban, i don't turn my engine off when i'm at maccies so it could be a bit better if your thrifty with the juice. (i eat a lot of maccies) ;D
this is a LWB traffic sport with a lot of weight in the back, a hell of a lot of weight
hope this helps
derek

Darren O

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 12:33:21 pm »
Ive got the Nissan version of the Traffic had it just over 2 years from new iam starting to get a few problems with it its been back to Arnold Clark 3 times since Christmass also Nissan recalled them something to do with a faulty brake cable.The electrics are a joke theres a different warning light on it daily now iam getting bother with the brakes also when i put it in reverse theres a loud creaking noise coming from under the van Arnold Clarke said it will be down to the cold weather.Done less than 20,000 miles at the first chance going to get shot off it and buy a transit a shame because its the best looking van out and great to drive.

derek west

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 12:49:04 pm »
i had the hand brake recall, my alarm is beeps when i put it on (the noise it makes when theres suposed to be a window open or youve left your lights on) but apart from that, no problems so far, and they do look the part like darren says.
derek

Darren O

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 01:09:29 pm »
Derek another thing that concerns me is the gearboxes on them heard to many bad stories about them do a search on them it dosent make for pretty reading.

derek west

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 01:19:27 pm »
ive heard that too darren, fingers crossed eh! can't all be bad, i'm hoping it happens on big company vans where the drivers don't give a fck and treat them like racing vans, i drive mine sensibly so hoping i have a good 4 or 5 years with not to many probs before i get a new one again.
derek

clinton

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 03:55:25 pm »
Its good to hear all the dif stories of there vans and what goes wrong etc.

Richard

I have seen a t mount in a trailer unit and maybe something to think about ;)

sherco

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 03:59:47 pm »
Been working with a guy today who has a 04 vivaro, said its the worst van he has ever had for problems, he is trading it for a transit.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

richy27

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 05:58:55 pm »
thanks for replies guys not in major hurry so goin to wait to get best deal on sh one thanks for the info derek

clinton

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 06:02:05 pm »
Richard

you not fancy a box trailer ???

Joe H

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 06:24:31 pm »
Clinton
Saw a new Citroen Berlingo today - seems bigger then the older model.
If you stayed with a portable, would that suffice your needs?

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 06:31:04 pm »
Clinton,

I like the idea of a trailor, at least you're not humping a load around all of the time and wasting fuel (Especially if you're the Eco friendly C/C and want to save the planet!)

Mmmm, got me thinking now ;)

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 06:35:29 pm »
Trailer OK - as long as you have a very secure system so you still have a machine to take to the job in the morning.  :o
I would get a twin axle trailer.

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 06:41:47 pm »
It would be handy for keeping in the garage on those frosty nights that you folks get up Country 8)

clinton

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 06:43:19 pm »
Joe

I would go for the next citroen up joe the expert size,and there much bigger than the last model and there under 10 k new plus vat mind you.

Collin

Just that i saw a pressure washer set up today working and he had it in a box trailer it was bolted in with its own water bowser tank.
All he does in a morning is fix it onto the tow bar and off he goes.

I do know there is also  a tmount that works from a box  trailer too.