This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Working in the rain
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:29:02 am »
Hi i know this subject has probably been covered a few times before but was just wondering how many of you work in the rain on domestic work?? I personally work in very light rain but anything worse then customers turn you away and say there is no point. Any comments would be great :)

Ian Lancaster

Re: Working in the rain
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:24:12 pm »
All my quotes have my terms on the back.  Including "working in the rain".  I guarantee that the result will be just as good as working in the dry, and promise to come back and do it again if theres a problem.

We never get called back ;D

Having said that, now Im an old git I dont go out in the rain anymore, I might go rusty ;D

I leave that to you youngsters.

ccmids

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 01:34:01 pm »

never work in the rain cussys think your taking the p##@

chrisyg

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 01:47:47 pm »
light rain i work, anything too heavy i dont bother.. I use the time to do paperwork, designing flyers etc.

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 02:10:12 pm »
This is the age old problem. Personally I don't. Fortunately many wet days are not wet all day. It's hard to adjust sometimes but even if you can do a couple of hours you feel better.

Today I don't think that's going to happen, just hope it's dryer tomorrow.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 02:44:30 pm »
Had a few today saying you cant clean windows in this, just turned round and say results are the same when dry im a week late already and mortgage dont pay itself ;D. The crack on with it
P&R Window Cleaning

groundhog

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 05:06:55 pm »
I couldn't stay in business if i had to stop everytime it rains! I just tell the customer to give me a call if they are not happy with the results, not been called back yet!

herbiefatboy

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 06:00:42 pm »
I just knock on door and ask if they mind windows cleaned in the rain they usual say now you are here you might as well do them.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 09:40:29 pm »
I always just carry on and if any questions are asked I state that it makes no difference, it just means I get wet. Very little rain falls directly onto windows unless it's very windy.

Working in high winds is taking the mick, well by the coast it is, makes things a bit salty ;D

simon smith50

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 10:16:44 pm »
ian lancaster
do you still do a franchise is so could you call me on 07891087386 anytime
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

matt

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 10:23:02 pm »
we have had this discussion many many time on here

some say they do work in he rain

i dont, as i know personally that more than 60 % or my customers dont want it done in the rain