This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Anj

working hours
« on: November 12, 2003, 11:09:23 pm »
when someone is on a contract for 8 hours, and they only do certain tasks,  can they be asked to do various other tasks within their 8 hours although its not been stated in their job schdules? and if they have been refusing to do other tasks what can be done.

petra

Re: working hours
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 11:33:08 pm »
do not quote me, but i belive it depends on what the contract of employment and the  job description state, If there is a clause about other duties, you should be fine. If you stated in the job description  and contract that they are employed as a cleaner, then all reasonable cleaning duties should be undertaken. If they are not doing their work why have you not  started the disapliary procedure, verbal warning etc.
Hope this helps
Petra

DP

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 03:30:23 pm »
This is contractual and depends on the contract. They do have a right to quote the terms of their contract by way of reference.

However this is only so if the contract is specific to their duties (which very few are) i.e: you will be expected to sweep dust, wash windows etc. etc. and you are asking them to do something outside of these duties.

As always it comes down to interpretation.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

petra

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 08:11:51 pm »
You said it alot better then me, but that what i meant, DP,
I has been a hard and mad week.
Petra

Anj

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 12:02:12 am »

THANKS FOR INFO BUT AS IT TURNED OUT THE PERSON RESIGNED TODAY .IVE JUST TOOK OVER AS CLEANING SUPPORT SERVICES MANAGER .AND THE COMPANY IM NOW WORKING FOR HAS NO PREVOUS EXPERINCE IN CLEANING OR SUPPORT SERVICES. SHAME AS THEY HAVE A GOOD TEAM ON BACK SHIFT, AND NOW THEY WANT TO CHANGE EVERYTHING
THANKS AGAIN   WATCH THIS SPACE
ANJ