Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Brendan B

Which Van
« on: February 04, 2009, 07:39:37 pm »

I recently bought a Hi-ace havent used it really yet its in being signed up at the min, suppose i really should have been asking this question beofre i bought it.....

what van would you recommend or use taking the mpg, servicing, reliability etc etc?

I have just come across a new van from fiat, its a frontera or someting but the spec looks very good,  very low tax, 600 miles on a full tank, loads of space even though it a medium type size van!

All opinions please ;D

mark shannon

Re: Which Van
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 08:56:59 pm »
Bought a new Ducato swb get nearly 500miles for £70 diesel (driving frugally) and the 100bhp swb has a transit engine and is bigger than most medium vans.

Love it so far :)

j. paterson

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 09:43:52 pm »
The Toyota Hiace is the most reliable van you willl find, no comparison to others mentioned. Like their cars and 4x4,s the build is excellent. Look on tv news, anywhere there is difficult terrain, chances are you will see a Toyota. Says something. Have had Toyota vans and cars for years (and other makes, like I said, no comparison.)

clinton

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 10:01:55 pm »
The toyotas are a v reliable vehicle :)

Ricky M

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 10:11:42 pm »
My Grandads got a horse and cart that will do 20 miles on £1 worth of hay and you just give Ned a brush once a week and hes been going 15 years with no probs   ;D

Ricky
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

derek west

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 11:23:50 am »
My Grandads got a horse and cart that will do 20 miles on £1 worth of hay and you just give Ned a brush once a week and hes been going 15 years with no probs   ;D

Ricky

bet he wouldn't pass an emissions test though ricky ;D
derek

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 11:24:48 am »
The Toyota's have the reputation of a brick whatsit. My only concern over them is a front end shunt. I've had a couple of vans over the years that had the engines under the seat and I felt very insecure. The newer Hi Ace has a "make believe" bonnet crumple zone, but I still wouldn't feel as safe as if I had an engine in front of me.

SAFE and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

rob fryer

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 11:49:50 am »
Toyota hi ace has a avensis engine which is not that stong,when i had my valeting centre we did alot of work for inchcape they would drop a transporter load of cars ex lease alot of them would be toyota we would prep them for auction, you would be supprised at the amount of none runers that we had almost all toyota avensis diesel cars with blown engines.
Depending on size of van you require i find the vw transporter very reliable has also got a fully galve body and they hold there value beter than most vans if not all,but are quite dear to buy in the first place cost is always a factor in business.
Rob

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 12:35:36 pm »
Brendan.
The first consideration when getting a van is what you are going to carry Truckmount / Porty + all the other thing we carry. If you are a porty user are you going to upgrade to a Truckmount in the near future. So my first consideration would be what is the payload this is not the gross payload this is what i am left with for what equipment i can carry. A lot of work vans are out there over weight and VOSA take a dim view of it if they pull you. Then look at the other thing ie. mpg etc.

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

kerrpmiddleton

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 09:48:18 am »
i bought my first ever new van, 10mths ago, merc vito , which, aa which, van voted the most economical van on the road , for its size . i also have a vauxhall movano for my truck mount set up ,  only 60,000 on the clock never away from the garage, getting repairs , first the gear box , then engine bolw up , nay luck with it , when started to ask around amazed at the no of people who have had same problem,

clinton

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 05:06:29 pm »
The new hyundi vans a re good vf money :)Also a 5 year waranty not as inexpensive as they used to be but good all rounder :)

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 05:17:26 pm »
Still have my original Hyundia going on for 11 yrs old now and still runs like new!