This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

riverkingwindows

Re: The bad thing about w/cleaning is...
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 12:33:16 am »
I've got good one!

Before Chrimbo, went to a new custy's house, cleaned the front no problem went round the round back, now bearing in my she did tell me she has 2 dogs "no poblem I have 2 of my own".
Anyway I'm cleaning the top windows and being extra careful not to tred into dog shi*, because the back yard was covered in it.
Anyhow the stupid bloody women decides to let her delightful little puppies out, one being a jack russell and the other being a great big horse (great dane) and the bloody thing jumped up at me and knocked me over, straight into the dogshi*. It's gone everywhere, all up my jeans, jacket and hat, to say i was pi**ed off would be a understatement.

Then the woman said to me it's only dog poo, dont worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've told her under no circumstances that she lets her dogs out while I'm there and to clean up her garden otherwise find another mug, to clean her windows.

Now every time I dog doo, I get a cold shiver all over.
Rant Over  :(
i should laugh but cant help it  ;D ;D

I've already had the jokes from friends like "hey shi* happends!" but you live and learn doing this job....... don't you  :)

Warning to all you guys, if a custy has any dogs and they decide to make a bee-line for you, hit them over the head with your pole and throw them in dog doo! See how they like it.  ;D

Mr.G

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 02:11:32 pm »
Ha, all the above are all too familiar, plus my pet hate- new customers, who, after I've spent half a lifetime scraping years of accumulated grime off their poxy windows, pay me and then say "thanks, oh, my windows don't get very dirty, give me your number, I'll call you next time they need doing" AAARGH!

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2009, 05:12:12 pm »
…that sometimes it is really difficult to believe that your hose is inanimate.
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

dai

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2009, 06:01:13 pm »
…that sometimes it is really difficult to believe that your hose is inanimate.

I'm sure mine isn't, the way it's attracted to wheelie bin wheels, it can be a foot away and still can pounce without warning, I still don't know if my hose tries to throttle them or mate with them, but it sure as hell can't leave them alone.

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2009, 12:48:31 am »
bad point is cleaning a bathroom window which is open ,just after someone has had a dump  >:( >:(
not if your using wfp it aint, get with the times  ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2009, 06:16:51 pm »
I have 660ft of hose fully unreeled whilst I'm working in a small village and out of sight of my van. What annoys me is when some prat parks their car tyre on my hose and disappears for some time visiting a friend.  I have to go back to my van, find my car jack, lift their vehicle just to get my hose free from under their tyre.

geefree

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2009, 06:29:58 pm »
i hate it when they see me pull up, from inside the house.... then go out, without paying...and leave windows open...

and a neighbour comes over while i am washing the windows... and asks   " are you a window cleaner?"

( by the way i dont let them drive off without asking for the money).... but they try. ???

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2009, 11:48:12 pm »
I have 660ft of hose fully unreeled whilst I'm working in a small village and out of sight of my van. What annoys me is when some prat parks their car tyre on my hose and disappears for some time visiting a friend.  I have to go back to my van, find my car jack, lift their vehicle just to get my hose free from under their tyre.
660ft of hose  :o

windowswashed

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2009, 11:34:56 am »
660ft of hose  :o

Hello Ian,

Village has limited parking spaces being a very desirable location for celebrities and well off people. Place is always full of builders doing renovations, extensions, so need to get my parking space by 8am before the builders and once there I don't move until I've finished all the houses. 660ft is just enough to get me done in 4 directions parking on a cross road parking space. Trolley would be too slow and backpack would need to be filled 25 times (no thank-you). Only other alternative is to park up on the beach and pray the tide don't come in and leave me stranded before I've completed my work.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2009, 12:20:37 pm »
People that think the window is a rubbish bin and throw all kinds of stuff out of it including chewing gum and hair which then gets stuck on the window or ledge.  Once had a customer who pulled the accumulated hair out of the plug hole in the bath and poked it out the window, masses of hair to remove each time.  :P

Simon.

weetot

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 03:21:47 pm »
Yeh you could be standin there with a W/C jacket on holdin a mop & squeegee next to a bucket and they still ask if your a windowcleaner???

And dont get me started on bloody washin lines.........laters

Is it just me, or am i going insane after 26 years of windowcleaning?
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2009, 06:30:23 am »
When things get tight one of first things people cut down on is...window cleaning, I am down £700 a month in turnover since December. :o
More than half of that is from one main 'bread & butter' job that I do.

Nothing else new to add, just like this topic, and thought it might be useful to people thinking of starting window cleaning.

It's not as easy as we make it look!

choice.clean

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2009, 07:15:15 am »
moderator just removed my post asking for positive things that have happened today just shows they want us to be negative on here gets you talking i suppose still i tried :-[ :-[ :-[

ftp

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2009, 07:33:34 am »
moderator just removed my post asking for positive things that have happened today just shows they want us to be negative on here gets you talking i suppose still i tried :-[ :-[ :-[

??? this one   http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=71035.0  ???

AuRavelling79

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2009, 08:51:14 am »

What are you on about choice clean? It's still there! Look more carefully next time! ;D ;D ;D
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2009, 09:02:48 am »
When things get tight one of first things people cut down on is...window cleaning,

I disagree entirely with this, are you saying that people cancel their window cleaner before the holiday, new conservatory, house move, new car, new patio, TV?

IMO THOSE are the first things to go.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2009, 09:59:36 am »
I agree with sparklebright, people may cancel holidays and put back new patio's, but when they are looking to economise and reduce their weekly/monthly outgoings then window cleaning features high on the list of things to go, lets face it, we are not exactly a necessity are we?

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

cybersye

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2009, 10:05:10 am »
When things get tight one of first things people cut down on is...window cleaning,

I disagree entirely with this, are you saying that people cancel their window cleaner before the holiday, new conservatory, house move, new car, new patio, TV?

well I'd rather have a holiday than clean windows  ;D
but seriously I agree with your point, clean windows is'nt nescessarily a luxury for people, when you break it down its a couple of quid a week for say a regular 6 weekly clean for an average houshold.
Plus most customers are usually homeowners and would have seen a considerable drop in their mortgage repayments.

cozy

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2009, 05:23:00 pm »
I agree with sparklebright, people may cancel holidays and put back new patio's, but when they are looking to economise and reduce their weekly/monthly outgoings then window cleaning features high on the list of things to go, lets face it, we are not exactly a necessity are we?

Ian

There's another side to that coin mate. My old man used to sell plants and flowers on a market stall. He said "don't matter about how bad it all gets, people may be in the poo but flowers have a certain feelgood factor" I think this is true in our trade. I have a couple of custies where the old man has lost his job. She hates cleaning her windows and WILL keep us as WC. By the way, Gurmuns work by appointment only ( they book you for day / time" and have in and out done every time, so it isn't cheap but bareable.
Don't really think the private side has been hit over here yet but who knows?

Cozy

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2009, 07:45:44 pm »

I guess it varies from person to person, some people will do the maths and think 'things are tight what can we save on?' and then trim all sorts of things including us, and then they will cancel holidays etc. But others will keep you on til the bitter end.
I have had a number of commercial contracts cut the work right done to save money