This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Re: The bad thing about w/cleaning is...
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 06:43:05 pm »
I do find it lonely.... and nearly every customer makes me jump when they say "hello".....if im working... in a world of my own...

sometimes when you are chasing a daily target, it can be hard to keep the motivation up 100%, without someone with you ,

but thats why we are all here... self driven etc.

i also tend to find when i chat to a customer... i never shut up...

because i have not spoke to anyone all day... so they get all my gabber gabber ;D

pingu

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 07:00:12 pm »
Lonliness seems to be what gets to me...all the other things just add to the frustrations.

Dave.

ftp

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 07:04:25 pm »
Not as bad as being trapped indoors on your own with a bad case of ciu fever!
Two days of that this week is worse than Colditz anyday!

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 07:25:44 pm »
What the heck were you doing at 4.30 am?
Well, I was meant to be cleaning the glass canopies at a shopping centre, but the water just froze on the glass, so I guess I'll do that tomorrow.

Being a window cleaner is a good job sometimes, but I felt it was worth pointing out some of the problems, for the benefit of newbies reading up.

Might be a bad job in winter ( i don't mind it ), but what a great job in the good weather.

I start at about 4.30am aswell and finish  just after lunch. Rest of the day to play.......
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Handyman Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 10:43:30 pm »
Yup! all of those  plus

(1) nextdoor neigbours who object to you parking 1cm over their drive even though they don't actually want to go out.

what about the ones that go mad at you for parking out side and not blocking their drive, but blocking their veiw of the road. the lady said to me you better move your van i dont wanna look at it, she went on to say that her daughter will be over soon and sheel have to park else where.

i told her its sods law, im on a public highway so i can park there
Stephen C Brophy

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 12:00:01 am »
All the above plus the one I had last year when I rested my pole gently on the fence between the house I was working on and the brush was about a foot over the neighbours property:-

Him: (All condescending) Do you mind not putting your brush over into my garden?

Me: Sorry mate, did I make you jump?

Him: No! I just don't want it on my side.

Me: Blimey - you got air space now?

Him: No need to take that tone old son.

Me: Oh, get a grip man!

Him: Huh! (And walks indoors in a huff!)
It's a game of three halves!

Wrekin C S

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 12:13:58 am »
All the above plus the one I had last year when I rested my pole gently on the fence between the house I was working on and the brush was about a foot over the neighbours property:-

Him: (All condescending) Do you mind not putting your brush over into my garden?

Me: Sorry mate, did I make you jump?

Him: No! I just don't want it on my side.

Me: Blimey - you got air space now?

Him: No need to take that tone old son.

Me: Oh, get a grip man!

Him: Huh! (And walks indoors in a huff!)

Yep you get em...

I had one the other week walking up the road 

Me: Good morning

Him: Not Really

- Miserable old so and so! lol

Dennis-Taylor

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 04:30:20 am »
The custies that really grip me are the ones that wait for you to go around the back, then stealth like..... sneak out the front door and drive off without paying.
Its almost done with military precision.

Dennis

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 04:43:09 am »
the amount of snow that has fallen in the last three hours and its still coming down :o

seandyer2003

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 07:34:19 am »
I had three in a row yesterday annoy the hell out of me, i was 2 week late because i had 2 weeks off at xmas and crap loads of snow to deal with in the last month (cut us some slack in winter??)

Anyway first one runs out and says "found someone else sorry, you havent been for ages"

I said - im about 2 weeks late, christ your eager, if id of known you were so desperate for clean windows id of charged more...

Next one i cleaned the whole house not thinking about the fact she might of turned too, then next one was a shop who decided to tell me when i was round the back after cleaning the front that they too had changed, she was a 6 weekly job (for a shop front!!) and it was 8 weeks since id last called!!! I just laughed....

They were underpriced anyway so i was just bothered about the £20 or so id lost, but then a nice lady from a huge farmhouse accross the road said those beautiful words "can you do mine" :)

Turned into a £20.00 job in the end..

I was amazed how quick all 3 neighbours turned though the guy who had found this other window cleaner didnt stop chatting to me usually, but as soon as i was a 2 weeks late! There loss, i wonder if they all wanted an excuse to stop paying to be honest! It they had had them done already it didnt look like it!!

rant over

kenaltobelli

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 09:44:52 am »
that is a thing that happens one person gets you for the road and they all sack you at once
but dont you find there under charged or bad jobs any way mine have been

Chameleon

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 10:07:18 am »
Customers that won't open the door when you know the buggers are in.
customers that wave goodbye and leave without paying.
customers who leave knowing the back gate is locked.
customers that never have cash or a cheque book.
customers that don't even start looking for the money until you knock.
customers that come out and insist on paying when your in mid rinse.
customers that have no money even when they know you are collecting that evening.
customers that leave huge dollops of dog muck for you to drag your hose through.
customers that plant thorny bushes under their windows.
customers that save all their shrapnel to pay the window cleaner.

I like it 8)
I might just include it in the welcome pack under customers who won't meet requirements and who would be subsequently dropped! ;D ;D ;D

elite mike

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 10:15:58 am »
Not as bad as being trapped indoors on your own with a bad case of ciu fever!
Two days of that this week is worse than Colditz anyday!

that made me laugh ;D

riverkingwindows

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 01:06:35 pm »
I've got good one!

Before Chrimbo, went to a new custy's house, cleaned the front no problem went round the round back, now bearing in my she did tell me she has 2 dogs "no poblem I have 2 of my own".
Anyway I'm cleaning the top windows and being extra careful not to tred into dog shi*, because the back yard was covered in it.
Anyhow the stupid bloody women decides to let her delightful little puppies out, one being a jack russell and the other being a great big horse (great dane) and the bloody thing jumped up at me and knocked me over, straight into the dogshi*. It's gone everywhere, all up my jeans, jacket and hat, to say i was pi**ed off would be a understatement.

Then the woman said to me it's only dog poo, dont worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've told her under no circumstances that she lets her dogs out while I'm there and to clean up her garden otherwise find another mug, to clean her windows.

Now every time I dog doo, I get a cold shiver all over.
Rant Over  :(

seandyer2003

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 06:30:16 pm »
that is a thing that happens one person gets you for the road and they all sack you at once
but dont you find there under charged or bad jobs any way mine have been
Yeah no great loss really !!

NWH

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 06:38:22 pm »
Go and see him do em for nothing and get all the houses in the road lol. ;D

eddie d

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 06:41:01 pm »
riverking, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
o m g how bad is that .

johns window kleen

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 06:46:37 pm »
I think I would be tempted to stick the applicator in the poo and do her patio doors with, and when she complaines laugh and say its only dog poo. ;D
Stupid cow.

NWH

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 06:48:06 pm »
I think I would be tempted to stick the applicator in the poo and do her patio doors with, and when she complaines laugh and say its only dog poo. ;D
Stupid cow.
Just put it under her car door handle lol,that way she`ll get it right under her finger nails. ;D ;D

Ian W

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 09:03:19 pm »
Nutters passing by when you are working. Had an old dear start shouting at me today, because she said my customers tree needed cutting back.  ::)
She reckoned it pulled her hat off every time she walked under it...  ;D
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens