Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tre Allen

Difference between USA, CA, UK, Australia Carpet Cleaners?
« on: January 26, 2009, 04:59:50 am »
What are the different methods, chemicals and carpet cleaning machines that sets carpet cleaners apart from one another worldwide?

I remember receiving a message and they stated, we use completely different methods than the carpet cleaners in USA.

What is it that is so different?

Tre

ps: Feel free to ADD your country if I did not mention it!

Barry Livingstone

Re: Difference between USA, CA, UK, Australia Carpet Cleaners?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 08:49:52 am »
As your President of Truck Mount Forums
 ;D ;D ;D
Id have thought you would no this information???? ??? ???

Arent Presidents ment to no this kind of information??
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

aussie clean

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 08:58:43 am »
There arent much differences in machienes when it comes totruckmounts, chemicals vary depending on what suppliers are in that country and what best suits the type of cleaning done, however as i have been saying on other discussions and am in the process of comparing at the moment the big difference is in the porty's and the methods done with this cleaning.

In Australia no one using a porty puts chemicals into the solution tank. Chemicals/shampoos, are presparyed onto the area to be cleaned, then aggetated and extracted using clean hot water/steam, therefore no residue or rinse cleaning needed. Also allowing for dwell time of the product to do its job.

How when you put the chemical straight into the solution tank as you do here and clean that way can the product dwell and react to the stains/dirt or be aggetated?????????

Its just the different ways we do things in different countries.

Adam
SteamVac UK

Darren O

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 10:51:31 am »
Adam we  pre spray the carpet first then aggitate it using a carpet brush or something else then leave to dwell then rinse with the portable.

mark_roberts

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 01:11:36 pm »
Probably a sales ploy.

Basically we clean lots of wool and the Yanks dont so our chemicals reflect this.  90% of our machines come from the states.

Mark

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 01:16:53 pm »
I think the big difference is in the Uk about 14% get their carpets cleaned in the USA 80% do. (I think I read this once in a Rainbow franchise newsletter)

and I never read any thing on the ICS forum about eco-friendly/save the planet but here its heavily pushed
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

robert meldrum

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 02:38:55 pm »
I've noticed a growth of o/p and encap' on the US and Canadian forums. There's concern about the cost of fuel which was never a factor in the past and this is making some look at and trial alternative methods.

The succes of o/p with modern chemicals and the best type of bonnet is achieving results many never though possible.

Over here most t/m users also have a rotary system

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 02:47:29 pm »
Rob, Ops work well in the states because of the point Mark made about the prevalence  man-made fibres,  if they has our amount of wool carpets then it wouldn't be so big.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

aussie clean

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 03:02:34 pm »
Mike thats true about the percentages of people getting their carpets cleaned as also in Australia more than 75% of people get there carpets cleaned regularly, and yes their is still alot of wool carpets in Australia, most are mixed blends but still you clean it as if it was wool because its the more delicate fibre.

Darren how to you prespray then because the portys here arent powerful enough to run a sprayer?

Darren O

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 03:30:44 pm »
Adam i use a 6 litre pump up sprayer see the booster box Adam can it be used with portables over here and is it 1.5vac hose and how many vacs is in it and how much is it sorry for all the Questions but iam looking to buy one soon thanks Darren.

clinton

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 03:35:29 pm »
Maybe am thinking in use that part of the guarantee for the crpets you have to have them cleaned som many a year ???

aussie clean

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 03:59:25 pm »
Darren, the booster runs 2x 2stage vac motors, not sure if it can connect to other machienes i will have to look into it, what machiene are you wanting to connect it to? the booster runs a 2" hose connector sleve but i could make it fit a 1.5 vac, as far as price i will get that for you.

Darren the idea of the booster is that it is only vacum controlled so usually runs through an exhast port giving extra suction much like a turbo on a car.
Hope thatmakes sense.
Adam

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 05:33:42 pm »
If I can comment on Adam's observation. In the UK, the norm is to prespray with a dedicated prespray detergent for all types of rinse/extraction systems. These detergents are typically not free rinsing so need to be rinsed with a compatible detergent or acidic rinse to not only remove the soils, but also the pre-spray residues.

Most porty users have pump up sparayers, but many also have inline sprayers. We have models suitable for use between 100 and 250psi so mant porty users have them as well as the T/Mers.

There are a few products such as Alltec's Ultimate Master which are used in tank and can be used as a pre-spray from the wand, brushed in then rinsed with the same solution. They start off at about pH10 but are self neutralising.

There are also many cleaners who use any of the various detergent free products. These are typically free rinsing with plain water.

As for national differences, our US colleagues work with upwards of 22" wands 'cos everything stateside is bigger. The Canadians work in fur lined boots 'cos it's so damn cold there. The Aussies and the Kiwis have carpet on the ceiling as everything is upside down. Carpets must dry quick though 'cos gravity helps the wicking process. Finally, us Brits work in Union Jack shorts and, as every carpet in this country is a 100% wool axminster or wilton, work with the most delicate touch of a precision engineer, dry every individual tuft with with a q-tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol and are extremely grateful for the tip we receive at the end of the job (eg, todays tip was "don't eat yellow snow")

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Tre Allen

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 05:36:32 pm »
Thanks Ken and everyone else, that is some great information!

Keep it going!  :D

aussie clean

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 07:27:27 pm »
ken love your comments mate, but atleast we didnt put carpet on the walls to make the inside feel like the oiutside.

I tried a yellow snow cone once is that the same. lol :D

Adam