Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

can see trouble coming my way
« on: January 25, 2009, 09:41:28 pm »
i work in a area that i was born and lived there for over 20 years , a lot of my family and friends still live in the area its a really big estate with around at a guess 2000 houses .
ive been going there for at least 3 years and only do my family and friends houses , but yesterday while doing a few houses i was approached by another cleaner whom comes from out of the area .
he was asking me all sorts of questions , like how wfp works ( which i know he had no reason to ask as he uses system )
do i work on my own , what days do i work in the area , what i was being asked seemed to put me on edge i work on my own and theres 4 of them and i think theres going to be some trouble .
how would you react in a situation like this .

)

where theres muck theres money

mark dew

Re: can see trouble coming my way
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:44:44 pm »
Easy for us to say from afar, but continue as normal.
If you were for a hiding it would have happened already.

What days do you work the area? If it was just family and friends then i'm sure your answer would have made him realise that you aren't a threat.

jaykie

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:45:19 pm »
You only do family and friends houses so dont worry.

peter holley

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 09:53:34 pm »
id be pleased that he feels theatened by me ::) it shows hes insecure.....just carry on as you are ;)

foxy

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 10:07:02 pm »
you sound like a worrier. don't worry! 2000 houses is a big patch and there'll probably be 5 or 6 window cleaners about. most are ok, don't get freaked out, stand your ground a bit. you can earn a few quid, it's nothing to do with anyone else. if you feel threatened, stand back to em, change your days or ask around. you are doing nothing wrong so don't let em feel like you are.
traditional cleaner, shop windows and some pubs.

tacky

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 10:10:49 pm »
like mark said ok for us to say things /but if things persist .like they get a bit threating .tell them u only do friends n family .if any more probs u need backup . friends or family ,( or big stick ) or if u r really concerned about ur safety .as a last resort think ar those few houses worth it .

trevor povey

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 10:13:39 pm »
 Dave can,t you give them   some Kung Fu? ...or a Barnsley Chop! ;D

s.w.c

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 10:19:13 pm »
yes but it depends on what type of chaps they are and what there upto, i would carry on as normal but keep your eyes pealed. if there no good they could be after your work gear or just go around when your not there and try to under cut you, but since you do family and friends you should be fine, it could be nothing but since know one knows them, nobody can say if there no good and a bunch that always up to know good, there has been some thefts of our gear up and down the country. myself i wouldn't worry but no good going around with your eyes closed, it never hurt to air on the side of caution. if you think there up to know good you could place a few house bricks in gardens, no body would like one of them on there nugget.

peter holley

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 10:25:08 pm »
nice post smithy....

bbbbbbbbbbbaaaahhhhhh

how is u these days anyway?

s.w.c

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 10:30:03 pm »
same old same old taff.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 10:31:30 pm »
Dave can,t you give them   some Kung Fu? ...or a Barnsley Chop! ;D
i could do that but the last time i did the law didnt agree .
i dont worry but if youve ever had that feeling when you think somethings going to happen well thats how i feel at the moment , im only doing around 70 houses but the other cleaner used to do them , ive not undercut or poached the work , its simply because they all know and trust me , but i feel its going to kick off .
where theres muck theres money

s.w.c

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 10:33:49 pm »
cant get finger prints off house bricks :o

jonisondell

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 10:35:27 pm »
sounds like a job for the A team,  ;D

peter holley

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 10:42:42 pm »
same old same old taff.

great.... got a good guy working for me at the moment.... like u hes worked on the doors for years.
hes a gentle giant.... good with people...works like a trojan ;D

s.w.c

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 10:44:48 pm »
daveshaw, no matter what advise people give always trust your own instincts , they are seldom wrong. o an find some ruff old house bricks, lol

trike

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 10:47:17 pm »
my pennies worth,if it was going to kick off he wouild have told you there and then,why ask you quistions then do it,that doesnt make sence,to be on the safe side,take someone with you for a while if you can.

s.w.c

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 10:54:15 pm »
trike - this is how the dirty snake type and cowards do there thing, if you was up against some one proper they wouldn't even speak it all action they might speak and laugh as they walk away.

taff most old bouncers were good with there people skills it was they way it was, or silence followed by action. well sounds like all is well in sheep land.

tomy jackson

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 11:03:50 pm »
just ignor them its no big deal as he wood have all redy sade sumert just be caerfull of your gear at nite

peter holley

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 11:08:53 pm »
trike - this is how the dirty snake type and cowards do there thing, if you was up against some one proper they wouldn't even speak it all action they might speak and laugh as they walk away.

taff most old bouncers were good with there people skills it was they way it was, or silence followed by action. well sounds like all is well in sheep land.
bbbaaaaaaaAAAAHHH

s.w.c

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 11:12:54 pm »
just ignor them its no big deal as he wood have all redy sade sumert just be caerfull of your gear at nite

here is one way to help protect your gear- http://www.simpsonsofturnford.co.uk/acatalog/Chips_4_Tackle.html