This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trike

Re: Is office decoration tax deductable?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 04:31:14 pm »
yes you put on tax reyurn as repairs and renewals,also put computer on as equipment,and any protective clothing.

trike

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 04:32:36 pm »
My mum was going to get a coffee machine in her works office but was told that if she did her staff get taxed for it.
[/quot who told her that,wifes an accountant never heard of that one

luther1

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 04:44:37 pm »
It does apply.Rates for your house and business rates for the room.Is it worth it?

luther1

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 04:49:56 pm »
The maximum you can claim for an office at home is £3 a week.

luther1

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 04:55:54 pm »
Just for the record http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/BIM47825.htm. No doubt someone will disagree

Chris B

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 05:03:04 pm »
Get an accountant ;D

williamx

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 05:05:04 pm »
The maximum you can claim for an office at home is £3 a week.

Wrong, I claim £5 and the tax office have agreed to it as well.

The £3 is not a fixed figure.

luther1

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 05:10:02 pm »
Its £3 a week if you are employed and quite obviously differs if you are self-employed. And no,you can't claim for redecorating! Saving £5 a week for all the extra admin,why not just not declare one £5 a week house,or is that dishonest?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 06:20:18 pm »
So is office decoration tax deductable?

Don't forget to allow for the Ming vases on the window sill and the solid gold chandelier.

luther1

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 06:28:01 pm »
What about the Faberge egg and Monet painting?

ronnie paton

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 06:48:11 pm »
this seems so strange, i need some were to store equipment my yard is getting over run and i could do with a small office has my house is getting to messy.

so i have been looking for some were to lease and your looking at any were between £50 and £150 a week plus rates ect ect but you can only claim £3 a week??? if you have the space why can you not get the going rate??

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 07:02:03 pm »
this seems so strange, i need some were to store equipment my yard is getting over run and i could do with a small office has my house is getting to messy.

so i have been looking for some were to lease and your looking at any were between £50 and £150 a week plus rates ect ect but you can only claim £3 a week??? if you have the space why can you not get the going rate??
I think that is wrong Ronnie, rental for business is deductable in full

luther1

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2009, 07:04:08 pm »
If you are renting away from home then it is fully tax deductable.

williamx

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2009, 07:33:45 pm »
If you live in a 2 bedroom house and you use 1 bedroom as an office then you can claim for 33% of you electric and gas bills, you also can claim 33% of your council tax.

This is a fact, check your local tax office, they will confirm this.

If you do not use a spare room then you can claim a weekly allowance, each tax office has a figure that they consider resonable, a lot of local tax offices will say that £3 per week is reasonable, but the £3 figure is ONLY a guildline, if you do say 20 hours a week of work in this office, would you consider this as being worth £5 a week instead of £3 that another person is only working 2-3 hours a week.

Remember that you need to justify what you claim for in your returns if they ever to a check.

And finally you cannot claim the same rate as if it was a seperate building than your home because the majority of the expensives a home incurs would happen even if you were not in business.

ronnie paton

Rob_Mac

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 07:49:22 pm »
Ronnie

We've got a substantial trading address. Ground floor - enough room to fit 4 vans and all heavy cleaning machines.

Top floor - office, gym, storage area (tip!!!) and water purification. Loadsa space.

£300.00 a month - go and have a word with a local farmer. They always have outbuildings that are empty. Ares ain't no oil painting but it does the job!!

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 07:55:03 pm »
On the original thread - we put a box into the unit - for the office. Everything that we bought to go into the building of the office has just gone down on our return as a fixed assett.

Rob ;D

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 10:12:52 pm »
You can't claim for rude pictures on the wall.

Or Vaseline...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2009, 12:24:10 am »
Ronnie

We've got a substantial trading address. Ground floor - enough room to fit 4 vans and all heavy cleaning machines.

Top floor - office, gym, storage area (tip!!!) and water purification. Loadsa space.

£300.00 a month - go and have a word with a local farmer. They always have outbuildings that are empty. Ares ain't no oil painting but it does the job!!

Rob ;D
I only wish I could find them down here rob and trust me I look every week :(

ronnie paton

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2009, 12:54:26 am »
me too im lucky to get a small shop front for a office for £300.

rob i see things are going well which is good, havent spoke i ages, but you have any advice im always willing to lisson