Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WISEOWL

Re: working in rain must have its limits
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 07:05:28 pm »
Flourescent yellow, fleece-thermal inner, waterproof outer (with 3M technology) zip up jacket with hood.

The kind road workers and BT engineers wear.

My mate is a Quantity Surveyour for a building firm so I get the freebies!

matt

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 07:08:57 pm »

However,  is working in-between the rain storms any different?

no difference at all, when i finish and it hammers down, i allways think, well that was a waste of time

Tosh

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 07:35:10 pm »

However,  is working in-between the rain storms any different?

no difference at all, when i finish and it hammers down, i allways think, well that was a waste of time

But it's not really is it? 

You've removed  bird poo, spiders webs and stuff.  My windows haven't been done since the last time Wor Lass forced me to do them and they still look pretty good and they've been rained on countless times since then.

Rain usually doesn't affect the windows; though I admit there's factors affecting, for example I do a few houses that have been painted with cheap paint, and when it rains the water runs down the house and some of the paint residue ends up on the windows.

You may also have patio doors (French windows) where the rain splashes dirt from the ground onto the bottom area of the windows; causing them to get dirty.

But in general, rain does not make windows dirty!

WISEOWL

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 08:00:20 pm »
I do patio doors, french doors and conservatories trad.

Saves water!

Upstairs get an extra special rinse in the rain.

A fellow window cleaner, who has been trad for 32 years, has kindly given me a little work to do whilst he is in hospital on the basis of the job I do with his windows...and the first customer said '...I thought you were new, my windows have been done properly!'

;D