This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike 108

First Cleans and 'One offs'
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:19:07 pm »
Some cleaners offer monthly, 2 monthly and 3 monthly cleans.

Is it reasonable to charge monthly rate PLUS 25% for 2 monthly and monthly rate PLUS 50% for 3 monthly (or are these rates too low)

At what interval would it again become a 'First Clean' (pricewise)?

Cheers.

Big Dave @ CWC

Re: First Cleans and 'One offs'
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:33:21 pm »
I quote a monthly charge, but if they have it bi-monthly add £3, quarterly add £5.

if a custie had it monthly then says leave it this month in january, the next clean (february) is an extra £3. if after that next clean with the £3 charge they have the clean the following month (march) i refer back to the usual monthly charge,

if they say leave the next two months, i'll charge an extra £5 and so on....

i dont charge extra for the first clean

if they just want a one off, i calculate based on £40 ph instead of the number of windows. 
ie. if it takes me 15mins-£10,      30mins-£20   

they are not worth much as a one off so be greedy with them, but of of course if you do a good job they may change their mind and stay with you regularly so play it how you see fit.........

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:44:05 pm »
If its any longer than 12 weeks between cleans I class it as a first clean again,...

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 09:33:39 am »
Some cleaners offer monthly, 2 monthly and 3 monthly cleans.

Is it reasonable to charge monthly rate PLUS 25% for 2 monthly and monthly rate PLUS 50% for 3 monthly (or are these rates too low)

At what interval would it again become a 'First Clean' (pricewise)?

Cheers.

For residential I will go 12 weekly for larger jobs (my normal is six weekly).  Anything less frequent than that would be 18 weeks.  If someone wanted 18 weekly, I would certainly charge a premium rate for it.  In fact, I would only do such a job if it was very large and very profitable.  There is one that I do six monthly but it takes an entire weekend of hard graft (commercial).  I go back over each section twice in order to be sure the job's OK so it's worth the money I charge.

jaykie

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 01:05:20 pm »
I quote a monthly charge, but if they have it bi-monthly add £3, quarterly add £5.

if a custie had it monthly then says leave it this month in january, the next clean (february) is an extra £3. if after that next clean with the £3 charge they have the clean the following month (march) i refer back to the usual monthly charge,

if they just want a one off, i calculate based on £40 ph instead of the number of windows. 

they are not worth much as a one off so be greedy with them, but of of course if you do a good job they may change their mind and stay with you regularly so play it how you see fit.........

I wonder where you got them droplets from on your website hmm

LSB

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 03:17:52 pm »
i dont do one - offs , i do convert some of these requests into regular / 2 monthly .

i dont charge extra for 2 monthly .

i dont charge extra if they miss a month , ( it does happen , but not enough to worry about )

Big Dave @ CWC

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 05:17:44 pm »

a non-copyrighted website from a company based in sussex ;D

jaykie

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 08:03:15 pm »

Well that wasnt hard to work out, at least some have respect and ask 1st

Big Dave @ CWC

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 01:47:02 pm »

get lost

davids3511

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 03:50:32 pm »
Nice manners there.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 04:08:59 pm »
Lets hope he doesn't ever need any advice  :o
Sussex by the sea

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 04:32:20 pm »
Does seem a bit rude I must say ...
It's a game of three halves!

wightsurf

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 10:33:19 pm »
The online law of copyright is the same as the off-line law. The website is conceptualised in English law as a collection of copyright works, legally distinct even if actually intermingled. Literary copyright protects website text, as well as HTML and program code; artistic copyright protects images and photos; musical copyright and sound recording copyright protect music hosted on a site; and copyright or database right (a close relative of copyright) may protect datasets of database-backed sites. The complexity of copyright protection in a single website can be daunting.

From here:
http://www.website-law.co.uk/resources.html

Just incase you need to know  ;D

peter holley

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 10:44:49 pm »
handbags ;D :o ::) lol

Big Dave @ CWC

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 09:52:41 pm »
hey guys i aint a bad person, Jaykie was suggesting i copied from his site, so after seeing the simililarities i gave it it to him in a jokey way, then he was like, you should ask permission first an all that,

fact is his site wernt copyrighted and id never even seen his site beforehand so that wernt the case. droplets are similar but cetainly not from his site but from a non-royalty website found elsewhere.

dont hate me for that lol ;D

jaykie

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 10:17:41 pm »
Just seen this post as hadnt been keeping an eye on it, I have numerous emails from people asking if they can take parts from my site, its called respect, please Dave dont make me look a fool as them droplets are from my site fact as they started off as 6'by 4' as the bloke who done my van done them for me, I asked hm to send me the image which i scaled down to the size thats on my site, just so happens yours are exactly the same size as mine and i mean exactly which can only of come from me. I too am a nice bloke it would only of taken a email or thread on here.

Chris

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 10:22:45 pm »

get lost

Is that Big Dave or Big Mouth Dave ::)

S'ok mate, dont hate me for it.

jaykie

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 10:32:09 pm »
Please dont turn this into a personal thread as thats not what i want, just would rather someone asks thats all.

macmac

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 10:42:21 pm »
Maybe he got it from somewhere who got it from you, or from somewhere who got it from them? That image could be all over t'internet by now.

Tony

jaykie

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 10:49:25 pm »
yer he pinched when it was 5 mil big, enlarget it to 6 inches and then i made it small and just so happens i managed to make it exactly the same size as it original started,

Its original as i was there when he desined it as it originaly started off as ticks but i wasnt happy an d told him i wanted droplets, i sat and watched him design it.