This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stay white n bright window cleaning service

window cleaning
« on: January 15, 2009, 01:07:11 pm »
 I can anybody help ,
 i was made redundant in september and cant find a job as i was in the
flock coating industry,only a few left now.I was a window cleaner about 16 years ago and have decided
to start up on my own, i have printed my own leaflets to canvas but was told i cant go on another window cleaners patch ,but would have to buy around  any advice please dont want to sign the dole thanks

jaykie

Re: window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 01:09:14 pm »
In steps stan the man, i think hes the only person on the forum who has patches in his area.

jakeandmia

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:17:52 pm »
It would help if you put wher youre from etc

LSB

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:46:15 pm »
canvass wherever you like as there are no 'patches' , just dont deliberatley undercut anyone else !

glen parva

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 01:51:15 pm »
hi i know there is 5/6 dfiffernt window in your area  just keep leafleting i do glen parva and there 7/8 window cleaners in my area but i have about 40/ 50  custys in my area and only been window cleaning for 7 months

john
glen parva cleaning services leicester

chrisyg

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 01:59:13 pm »
whats a patch?  ::)

Sorry Tesco i cant shop with you, i have Sainsbury down the road.  ;) ;D

paulben

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 03:38:40 pm »
Its up to customer who cleans there windows they are the ones paying and they can choose who they like to do there windows so go for it
Do not steal the government hates competition

chrisyg

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 03:42:04 pm »
canvass wherever you like as there are no 'patches' , just dont deliberatley undercut anyone else !

I think that should be dont knowingly undercut anyone. If you are cheaper and are happy charging what you are charging, then there is no problem... but dont charge silly money just to dump them 4 months down the line for someone that pays more.. That will give you a bad rep with customers and other WC.

Soletraders are more likely to be cheaper than those that employ anyway.

geefree

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 08:59:05 pm »
I've resisted saying this but your throbbing blow up face is disgusting. Can't u change it to something nicer.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Is it Bugging you lol.?

jaykie

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 10:53:28 pm »
In steps stan the man, i think hes the only person on the forum who has patches in his area.
;D ;D ;D
Sorry stan couldnt help myself

Steve B

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 09:13:10 am »
I've resisted saying this but your throbbing blow up face is disgusting.  Can't u change it to something nicer.

Go to your profile click on "Look and Layout Preferences" and check the box for don't display avatars. Problem solved you will never need see it again.
All the best

Steve

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 07:05:39 pm »
I've resisted saying this but your throbbing blow up face is disgusting.  Can't u change it to something nicer.

Wouldn't you just love to hold a nice sharp knitting needle under his chin when he blows......

;D ;D ;D

RO-Sheen

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 07:14:19 pm »

Wouldn't you just love to hold a nice sharp knitting needle under his chin when he blows......

;D ;D ;D

I bet he wouldnt complain if they were boobs!!!  ;D
Formerly known as GARGAAX

jaykie

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 07:40:10 pm »
Started posting my leaflets today as my libility insurance dont start till 1st feb,was posting near my mums as the window cleaner who cleans  round there only cleans if he can be bothered
All was going well and  started posting in  another road ,when i see another cleaner up his ladder
He watch me to see what i was doing then carried on cleaning ,about 15mins latter he drove past me stopped and told me to f(?(k off and post else where,must of seen my car up the road with my ladders and signs on  is this the norm put me off before ive started

Dont let it bother you, that would make me more deteremined and id post that area every month, normaly if im leafletting and i see a wc i dont know i stop and introduce myself, ask them for a list of houses in that road and avoid putting leaflets in them.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 07:54:41 pm »
There`s more people coming on here by the day saying there starting WC lol,look out. ;D

stay white n bright window cleaning service

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 08:10:06 pm »
Posted around 3000 leaflets last month and had no responce till this week and got 12 calls for a quote and out of that got 7  cleans and all 7 booked in again next month.Need advice on what to charge for first cleans as two of the quotes were for them, both houses  had 12 windows,quoted £15 and £8 if they wanted me next month ,both said to expensive but would of took over an hour to do.
Does any body know the average price for cleans in leicestershire,im charging between £7/£8.
Leafleted  a whole village on monday took me 5 hours ,my leaflet states from £6:50 and had a email not for a quote but to tell me window cleaners are cleaning there for a fiver  ,4 bedroom houses
can this be right a be dirt cheap to me 1/3 were leaded

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 08:22:18 pm »
Hi misty - there are always window cleaners who charge more or less than you.

An average house (3 bed semi) to me is a tenner; but someone will do it for five and someone else will do it for fifteen.

This job is not just down to price - it's reliability, presentation, trustworthiness, insurance and quality of work. And who their neighbours recommend ...

Scraggy arsed doley beer money types tend to be cheap - as do old boy-gotta-pension-so this-keeps-me-from-under-the-missus'-feet.

Shiny new "I've got a logo, uniform, the gift of the gab and a brand new van" types tend to charge more.
It's a game of three halves!