This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Scotty Stevens

Hi all,

I have a proposal for you.

I recently posted about my canvassing for you. I have since just committed myself to a good guy not far from me, so my own time is now taken up at the moment. He is paying me double for all jobs, to be canvassed and quoted by myself. But after receiving lots of requests - especially from areas too far from me - for my canvassing services, I have since decided to take people on in these areas to canvass on my behalf.

As some of these places are too far afield for me to be able to travel to train people how to price up a job, I have an idea.

First, you give me details on what kind of work you're after. Ie:
- minimum job/house price
- rear access needed
- traditional/wfp
- when 1st clean will be
- areas wanted
- what days/times you clean
- do you wipe sills/frames

I will then find and send out a canvasser or 2 in those areas armed with this info. They will knock doors, and since they don't know how to price jobs, they will simply get the name, phone number and address of potential custies who have requested a clean. They will then tell the potential custie that they will be contacted shortly for a quote and clean. I will also email the canvasser, before they go knocking, some simple slips with your name and company details on that the canvasser will pass to those folks that want to think it over. When they decide they do want a clean, they will contact you directly and you get that job for free.

The canvasser will then give me all the customer details he has just got that day, and then either:

a) I can phone up all the leads and quote/estimate them over the phone, handing over to you jobs ready to clean - for which I'll charge double for every job price. Eg, if a job is £14, you pay me £28. I will let the customer know that it is an estimate, and that you will personally verify the price when you visit. I expect that you will visit some of these jobs and find I may have under/over-priced them, as I have estimated them over the phone. You can adjust the price and pay me accordingly. You won't pay me anything for jobs that blow out.

Or:

b) I can pass the leads straight to you, and you can quote them and pay me double whatever the minimum house price you wanted (stated prior to canvassing) for each lead that confirms as a certified job for you. This way, you will never pay more than your double minimum house price. For example, if you tell me the minimum house you want is £12, for every job that confirms, you pay me £24 - double the minimum. What this means is, if I get you jobs that are £13, £15, £20, £25, £30, etc - you will only ever pay £24 for each one. You won't pay me anything for jobs that blow out.

So what's the catch?

I'm an honest bloke, and I would preferably like to take a deposit as a commitment from you before I and anyone else goes knocking. But I know that times are hard and some haven't got the cashflow for that. So instead, as a small commitment from you, and so me and the gang aren't waiting too long to be paid, here's the catch.

In scenario a) above, you pay half before the clean (I pay this to the canvasser), and the other half after the clean (this goes to me).
In scenario b) above, you pay your minimum house price (eg £12) before the clean (I pay this to the canvasser), and your minimum house price (eg £12) after the clean (this goes to me).

Also, as part of the catch, we use this forum as a medium to report how things are going, to let others know if either one of us falls short on the agreement. That way, we're more likely to help each other out, since neither one of us wants our reputations attacked on this forum ;-)

For me, I just want to make some cash while I work on my career.

What do you think?

Scotty

matt

Re: Canvassing countrywide and no deposit needed - but with a catch ;-)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:03:16 pm »
sounds fair enough

2 X the clean is a good price, and i am sure people will take you up on the offer

good luck with it

MSTAV

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 12:22:16 pm »
whats your email scotty

Scotty Stevens

Steve CM

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 12:48:30 pm »
can of worms scotty i would save your trouble and do it on your own and don't bother getting other canvassers involved

jaykie

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 12:55:26 pm »
Yer i was kind of hoping it would be you Scotty, dont know now.

Justen Uff

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 12:56:26 pm »
Good to be entrepreneureal but

Here's the deal...

1) No payment up front, you conduct canvassing however you want, either using footwork and phone - whatever.

2) For every conversion to a sale, you get paid full cost of 1st clean on completion when job is paid for.

End of contract.  It's up to operative to make it work from then on.

No win no fee!  If you're good - you'll earn well!  If you're better - you'll earn more!

jaykie

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 01:08:08 pm »
What happens if custy cancels after 1st clean.

Chris

Scotty Stevens

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 01:25:30 pm »

It was just an idea that would get other people canvassing where I couldn't get to. I've had a little team before, and they did good. It would still either be me or you that confirms the job, and you only pay if the job confirms.

Chris

I'll refund you half the amount you already paid me - half for you for cleaning, and half for me for canvassing.

Just putting it out there, my friends.

Scotty

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 01:59:42 pm »
Im am up for that, and am willing to give you a try.

give me a call after 6pm

poleman

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 02:06:33 pm »
Scotty! are you the same chap that is canvassing for my mate david in Poole Dorset!

Andy
Smart Cleaning Ltd

chrisyg

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 02:13:17 pm »

It was just an idea that would get other people canvassing where I couldn't get to. I've had a little team before, and they did good. It would still either be me or you that confirms the job, and you only pay if the job confirms.

Chris

I'll refund you half the amount you already paid me - half for you for cleaning, and half for me for canvassing.

Just putting it out there, my friends.

Scotty

Make sure you have the phone number of the custy to check, you know what these dodgy window cleaners are like..  ;)

Dean Taberner

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 03:46:21 pm »
Scotty,

Sounds like a good idea,

Have you thought of setting up a website for this venture?

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

niceandclean

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 04:14:37 pm »
can of worms scotty i would save your trouble and do it on your own and don't bother getting other canvassers involved

Im with you on that Steve, I Like your enthusiasm Scotty, but i honestly think you will cause lots of problems for yourself. Just stick to areas that you can cope and deal with.

Scotty Stevens

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 05:04:09 pm »
Im am up for that, and am willing to give you a try.

give me a call after 6pm

What's the best number to get you on?

Scotty! are you the same chap that is canvassing for my mate david in Poole Dorset!

Andy
Smart Cleaning Ltd

Not me! Maybe it's an imposter! How's it going for your mate?

Scotty,

Sounds like a good idea,

Have you thought of setting up a website for this venture?

Dean

I hadn't - do you think it would help?

Im with you on that Steve, I Like your enthusiasm Scotty, but i honestly think you will cause lots of problems for yourself. Just stick to areas that you can cope and deal with.

Cheers for the advice, lads. It's duly noted.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 05:21:00 pm »
I would pay NOTHING AT ALL up front.

Scotty Stevens

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 05:40:27 pm »
Been thinking, a few addons:

1) I'm willing to work with instalments if folks want to spread payment;

2) I will give you the jobs for you to check before you hand over the 1st payment;

3) I will pay the canvasser after you have checked the jobs and made the 1st payment, and I will make that clear from the start - this way, the canvassers won't get away with giving me duff info;

4) If you have checked the jobs, made the 1st payment, and then any jobs blow out before the first clean, I will refund you half of the 1st payment made;

5) If you have gone round and made the first clean, and they have turned around and said they don't want you again (more fool them) then you can keep the 2nd payment.

I think all this sounds anal, but we all want to make money, and none of us wants to be ripped-off. I just want to make some cash while working on my career, and at the same time, leave some folks better than I found them. Corny, but true ;-)

williamx

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 06:09:07 pm »
email sent

richyp

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 06:09:16 pm »
if you have any of your team in the north east i would be in for some of that m8

jefftemperley

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 06:15:38 pm »
scotty
im interested in more info call me  on 0781-2245580
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows