Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jon777

truck mounts
« on: January 10, 2009, 01:37:05 pm »
Was looking for any advice out there on the performance and reliability of the truckmounts out there.

I currently have two Steamway 9100's which are great when they are running but have there fair share of problems. (Although you cannot fault the Alltec guys for getting you back on the road asap, it has become a bit of an issue with regards to getting the spares from America). I will probably upgrade to the new Alltec machines because of their great service but I am a bit concerned they come from the states as well.

Are all the leading truckmounts manufactured in the states?

I have recently read an article about a chap that ran his new transit out and is putting his old truckmount in a new van. (Its 10 years old, and I think it was a prochem model). Mine have lasted 5/6 years and could do with replacing. (They have been looked after)

I think they are probably all pretty much the same with regards to breakdowns. ??!! or has anyone found other models to be dramatically better???

Thanks

spencer davies

Re: truck mounts
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 01:57:47 pm »
I did loads of homework before buying our Hydramster, far more reliable than an electric machine, the Hydramaster customer service is probably the best available.  ;)

Regards

S

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 01:59:09 pm »
Speaking as an observer of what's been said on these forums over the years, it nearly always comes back to Hydramaster and Prochem being worthy market leaders. It appears that HydraMaster might just pinch the lead, but it's close, as they have their HQ in Cornwall plus,  and, I'm led to believe, a service centre in Oxford.

For whatever reason, Alltec have changed brands after a few short years, so they may not be confidence inspiring, but their products seem sound. Ashby's are newcomers to T/M's but I know that the Aussies rave about the Powerclean range. Their service is, to me, an unknown quantity.

Obviously there are others, but I'm sure you will be aware of the marketplace.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 02:06:40 pm »
I don't think I've ever seen a negative post about HM customer service on any of the forums. I get the impression they would move heaven and earth to get you up and running asap. 

mark shannon

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 02:18:47 pm »
Yes bought a HM in December great service and a nice company.

MD gave me his mobile number and said " any problems call me any time day or night even over christmas " he meant it and it inspires confidence.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 02:24:58 pm »
Hi Guys

After much deliberation I went for Alltec as I had always had good service with my portables and Hydramaster was just too far away from Essex.

Prochem have had mixed reports depending who you talk to and Ashbys generally a poorish reputation but too new in Tm's to see if they have upped their game.

Woodbridge are another where the services varies.

cheers

Doug

clinton

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 02:36:22 pm »
Doug

Thats what would be my main concern geting t mount the reliability the spare parts and the dealers are so far away from up here ???

michael fitzgerald

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 02:42:12 pm »
They all come from the states,, I had a performer 405 for about six years, really good machine but my experience with prochems service team was not good.
 When i had a problem they were not interested, they carry very few spare parts so you have to wait a week to ten days for them to get them from the states! if you can get them to order them in the first place.
I had a blue line bluewave fitted by alltec in june, have put 350hrs on it so far with no problems, really happy so far, Chris and the team in royston are like a breath of fresh air compared to prochem.
My advice to you is get a machine with a water cooled engine it will cost you more but last much longer.

mark shannon

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 02:47:01 pm »
Alltec and HM seem to understand you don't just buy their TM you buy long term backup and support,  for that you need to trust the company to put you back on the road quickly.

Alltec are more central but HM have a service center in Oxford and hope to open one in Yorkshire i am told.

craigp

Re: truck mounts New
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 03:08:50 pm »
Hydramaster for me, they been making TMs for over 30 years, back ups great. they sell their own TMs so no risk of them changing Tm they sell.
Alltec new TMs are the dogs, but as Ken says may take a few years for them to gain peoples confidence.

Did you know HM got a bed/shower upstairs for their customers if you been driving all night you can sleep while they work on your TM ;D

My spitfire never breaks down though  :)

Whats Alltecs back up like?

jon777

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 03:20:38 pm »
Alltecs back up has always been fantastic, and for this reason alone it makes it difficult to go anywhere else.

Having never operated another companies tm though I have been wondering about rival machines. HM sounds very tempting especially if they have a service cente in Oxford where I'm based.

Saying that, leasing the van and tm as a package is a big plus for Alltec! - I think they are the only ones to do this?!

Dave_Lee

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 03:52:08 pm »
Craig,
Cant fasult Alltecs back up, in fact it takes some beating. Chris and his crew are not only clued up they are actually interested! All TM have problems at times so good service and response is essential. My mate had a cut out problem on his Thermal Wave recently. Alltec thought they had it solved during a recent routine service. However it turned out to be something else causing the fault. They sent one of their guys up to Blackpool with their back up TM and van, so he could carry on working. They drove his van and Thermal Wave back to Royston, found the fault and rectified it, and duly redilvered it back a couple of days later. No charge as under warranty.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

derek west

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 03:57:23 pm »
WOW
now thats backup care for ya.
derek

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 04:02:36 pm »
Stories like that pay for themselves very quickly and keep on doing.

derek west

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 04:04:28 pm »
couldn't see john gotts stretching that far but i'm still pleased with my boxxer 421, aand like mark said, he's always on the end of the phone.
derek

Nigel_W

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 04:49:56 pm »
Go on - treat yourself and get one of these. Like others I can't fault Alltecs service and the machine is fantastic.

Nigel

derek west

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 04:54:22 pm »
no hose reel!
isn't that a pain rolling them pipes up?
derek

Nigel_W

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 05:03:16 pm »
Derek,

I have 50 foot of solution hose on a retractable reel to the right of the machine. I also store 50 foot of vac hose to the left of the machine. These are my outside only hoses qnd they can be run very quickly. All my other hoses are for internal use only which is essential given the nature of the houses I work in. I would spend way more time cleaning hoses than I do unrolling the ones on the van. In addition as you  see it gives me loads of room on the van for portabales etc. I could also add that I have saved some money by not having a hose reel.

Nigel

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 05:06:08 pm »
I think you'll find "hunts", that all manufacturers/suppliers will have a choice of purchasing and leasing packages for virtually all of their capital equipment, even portables.

John Gott, MD at Hydramaster is able to source a wide range of vans at unbelievably low prices. That's why his starter package for a Fiat Ducato van, Boxxer 318 with reel, ramp etc had a package price in the region of £19k at the HM Dirty Weekend/Open day last August.  That's a great place to start for both value and spec.

It has been suggested to me by others that he lets the vans go at cost as a vehicle to sell his T/M's. I'd believe that having met John.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken

PS Even if you don't buy a Hydramaster, treat the family to a long weekend in sunny Cornwall when he runs his next Dirty Weekend. It's for ALL the family, Pig Roast, bar, live band entertainment and great, great company. In fact, I'd say it was our industry's number one event of the year. John also sources CHEAP accomodation. This year it was £10 per night per room. And it's tax deductible!
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

clinton

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 05:07:08 pm »
Nigel

A nice set up you have looks all neat and tidy as well :)