This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jaykie

Re: Minus 5 this morning at 9.00
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 08:43:53 pm »

ftp

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 08:45:03 pm »
I've had my tube heater (60w) switched on day and night for the last few days in my van - hoses and pump have been fine but damp cloths three feet away were frozen solid. Did a couple of jobs today and the water froze on the ground within seconds.
Van doesn't want to start either so looks like a new battery will be the next expense.
Not a good start so far.

matt

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 08:47:42 pm »
I've had my tube heater (60w) switched on day and night for the last few days in my van - hoses and pump have been fine but damp cloths three feet away were frozen solid. Did a couple of jobs today and the water froze on the ground within seconds.
Van doesn't want to start either so looks like a new battery will be the next expense.
Not a good start so far.

that is what bothers me, the water on the floor freezing, its just not safe for the customer

did you just carry on then ?  ??  or put something down

williamx

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 09:08:01 pm »
I pack up and go home, its not good karma having you customers breaking their neck :o

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 09:26:07 pm »
Yes I was thinking as I was out the back there this evening with my trusty fish-keeping thermometer whilst collecting wood for the burner that it could actually be worse, we could have a foot of snow on the ground.

Saying that, December was cold (although not as cold as the period between christmas and new year has been) and dry; it seems to be continuing in that vein, the long range weather forecast is for a continuation for at least 10 days.

It does IMO seem to be panning out into a year we'd probably rather forget even if simply for the prolonged sub-zero temperatures we've been experiencing.

Matt

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 09:31:34 pm »
quite handy for me, i've had to pitch in selling hats and gloves. When it's cold like this it goes beserk.

DaveG

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 09:41:33 pm »
Not a good start so far.

Sorry to hijack thread but whats a tube heater?

Cheers Dave
You can't polish a turd

ftp

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2009, 01:46:34 pm »
Not a good start so far.

Cheers Dave

Tube heater - have a look at Screwfix they sell them as greenhouse or shed heaters. I got mine from ebay i think. Pretty low wattage so fairly cheap to run.
I carry a bucket of rocksalt in the van to chuck down Matt, the council put it near any steep hills. I figured i've already paid for it so i'm entitled to the odd shovel full.  ;D

matt

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2009, 02:16:07 pm »
Not a good start so far.

Cheers Dave

I carry a bucket of rocksalt in the van to chuck down Matt, the council put it near any steep hills. I figured i've already paid for it so i'm entitled to the odd shovel full.  ;D

i thought of that and had a bag last year, i cleaned posh house and she said " will it not freeze on the floor, im expecting guests "

no i replied, BUT incase it does i will put down this salt

she went mental about having the salt on her front steps and people walking it though her house, so i binned that idea

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2009, 05:01:27 pm »
it could actually be worse, we could have a foot of snow on the ground.

Its snowing now ::)

James.e.

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2009, 05:04:10 pm »
It Was -1 at about 3 o'clock today