This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Fletcher

price
« on: March 11, 2005, 11:06:18 am »
What would the avrage price be for a 3 bedroom house

ie,,front of house,two top windows,,
down stairs,bay window and door
back of house same,i charge arond £6,00 :'(
am i going wrong
oi mate you have missed a bit

pete fearn

Re: price
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 11:26:01 am »
No you are not dping wrong, charge a price that you are happy with.
Set yourself an hourly rate, think how long the house will take and divid it up to make your hourly rate,
This house takes say 20 mins to do,so 20 times 3 equals 1hr at £6.00 per house equals £18.00 per hour.
If you want to earn more than that per hour then charge more, personly i would charge around £10.00 for a house that size.
Hope this helps you,

pete
Pete's Window cleaning

Ian Fletcher

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 11:32:05 am »
thanks mate helps a lot
oi mate you have missed a bit

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 05:53:06 pm »
I can usually charge around the £8.00 mark for a similar sized house, horses for courses, bite the bullet and try to go as high as you can.

I would think that prices would vary between £6.00 and a tenner. Below £6.00 and you are way low, over £10.00 then you've got your snout in the trough ;D

I try to get my own snout in the trough too, but I stumble and smack my nose on the rim :-[  (Thats me trying to be allagoracle (is that a real word?) meaning I end out bottling charging a tenner and settling for 8 quid :-\ It's still good money though ;D)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

AuRavelling79

Re: price New
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 07:32:08 pm »
Ian - watt ewe knead is a spell chequer - eye no it will make shore that every word ewe type is rite. I wood ewes it two if their was won on this sight! ;D

It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 07:55:34 pm »
Going back to the the original question, it depends on your area and your expectations.

If you can get a higher price, go for it.

Texas said in one post that if you gain all new quotes, then your too cheap, if you gain none, your too expencive.

Aim to be somewhere in the middle.

If you think its worth £6.00, try £7.00 or £8.00 or even £10.00, if new customers accept make that yor average.

If they are existing customers, put them up by £1.00, see how many you loose.

If they go up 20% and you loose 20% of customers you loose nothing, but gain time to find new, better paying ones.

Try and get the best price possible, your time is your asset, thier lack of time, should be reflected in the price.

All the best,

Stuart

Duke

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 04:20:02 pm »
Lol...Malc...is my sense of humour rubbing off on this forum at last....