This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

texas girl

Today was a very beautiful day!
« on: March 11, 2005, 02:43:38 am »
Hey all you handsome window cleaning proffessionals! :-*

Not meaning to rub it in; just want to share with you how nice it was today.80 degrees; calm. ;D

A window cleaner's favorite kind of weather. 8)

I did some work in the office this morning and then went on a 16 mile bike ride.  It was so lovely; bright blue clear skies; warm breeze on your face. 8)

I am so blessed to live where I live; right above the lake.  This evening I was drinking a cold Miller lite sitting on my upper balcony where I can see forever. I can see 2 cities in the distance.

Watching the boats out today and watching the ducks scamper around in the water.

I was telling myself how I have been blessed so much by The Lord;  Don't want to not enjoy it while I am here ; it is so beautiful. 8)

I still struggle on a regular basis greiving over losing my son; but obviously The Lord thought I could handle it.  :-\??? It would be easy to dwell on the pain and miss living with my daughters, my other son, and his family.

There were several recreational vehicles down at the park; even a couple of families that did a cook out at the picnic/ camp area. ;D

Within a month there will be jet skies, many boats, and campers and picnics. Seeing people enjoying their lives. It is alway's a reminder that we need to have fun too.

I can walk to the lake from my house. Takes about 5 minutes.

I was noticing today that my windows need to be cleaned!  Guess I better set it up soon with my crew or do it myself. 8)

Hang in there with the weather! Grab all those opportunities that come your way! Sock away that vacation money! Start thinking about all those warm days right aroung the corner! ;D

Hope you all are making good money this week! Set up a money filled week next week.

Hugs,

Texas Girl :-* :-* :-*

Debbie

Re: Today was a very beautiful day!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 08:44:18 pm »
It was dry, but windy here!

Walter Pole

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 09:45:08 pm »
Hey Texas girl

I am coming over to Houston for a week or so next month to see my girlfirend.  She is working during the day and I was thinking, whilst she is at work of doing some window cleaning in the neighbourhood (Woodlands/Sugarland)....how much do you think I should be charging for bungalows (I dont plan to carry my ladders on the plane)!.  Most seem to be 3 or 4 berooms which I would charge out at about £8-£12 in the UK.

Cheers
Mark
taking panes to exceed expectations

D G Windows

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 10:37:31 pm »
Yeah i love texas weather you cant beat it.. its even nice in december, january... innit.

Might fake marry a yank and work with u innit.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 10:44:51 pm »
I did some work in the office this morning and then went on a 16 mile bike ride.  It was so lovely; bright blue clear skies; warm breeze on your face. 8)

I do a bit of cycling - twice a week in the spring and summer - twice a month in winter - my usual route is a circular trip of 13.5 miles up and down the bottom of both sides of the Avon Gorge (250ft cliffs and tree covered slopes either side of the River Avon) on the North West outskirts of Bristol - at one point I can see the hills of Wales over the River Severn/Bristol Channel  as I cross the cycle track on the M4 Motorway bridge (is that Tosh AKA windows_chepstow I can see?) and at another I go under the famous Clifton Suspension bridge designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel.

A good ride that's a mixture of mud-track, gravel and tarmac and which has several miles on the flat, puncuated by steep slopes at times. It takes me just under an hour and sets me up for the day if I go first thing on a Sat. or Sun.
It's a game of three halves!

texas girl

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 02:11:36 am »
Dear Charter;

Whatever you are charging over there; double it. ;D

People over here get their windows cleaned at MOST 2 times/ year. To give you an idea;  I charge $10 per window and get it 75% of the time.

If worse came to worse and if you are going to be here a while, you could always buy a 16-20 ft ladder at Lowes; rent one for a couple of days; don't know what kind of neighborhood you will be around, but a lot of homes are 2 story.

Remember; charge a lot because your time is really valueable and if you can't make a decent amount might as well sleep in and focus on your woman! :D

Good luck.

Have fun, and Blessed travels!

Hugs, :-* :-* :-*

Texas Girl
Debbie

Ian_Giles

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 09:31:45 am »
Yesterday (Friday 11th March) my last account was at a local village called Itton,  the views out towards Abergaveny and the Sugarloaf were spectacular....well they would have been if I could have seen them :-\ The wind was howling around the house, ye gods it exposed up there :-[ My eyes were streaming :'(
I couldn't have done this particular job with a ladder and trad methods, way to windy, in fact watching the way the water was blowing off the windows as I was cleaning some of the upstairs ones on the side of the house that was really exposed to the wind was amazing :o

This area is fairly high up, and as Roy Harding will confirm, the views along several miles towards Roy's home town of Monmouth are truly spectacular, quite breathtaking.
Even on a miserably cold, windy winters day 8)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES