This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

BRETT

2nd january?
« on: December 23, 2008, 01:36:17 pm »
just had 10,000 leaflets delivered,planning to get them all delivered on 2nd january,do you think this would be worthwhile this soon after xmas? ???

supernova77

Re: 2nd january?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 01:38:14 pm »
Your going to deliver 10,000 leaflets in 1 day  ???

BRETT

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 01:43:53 pm »
hoping to as have got help from a few of santa,s litte helpers ;D

landy2

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 02:10:37 pm »
the trouble i find with leathlets is that you dont get a good responce i find it better to go on the knock on a sunday and see them face to face

krave

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 02:20:23 pm »
I have recently started up, and i dont deliver really. I choose a road to go to, i then knock on the door with my planner open and a leaflet in hand. Politely explain that im a local window cleaner in the area, and then continue to ask if they currently have one or are looking at getting one, Then book them in for quote etc.

People that are not in, i leaflet drop and call back a few days after i have cleaned the neighbours, so there is a chance they have seen me. People that say they have one or want one in the future i give a leaflet and say take it as a second port of call. Amount of people that have said they're window cleaners have gone missing is unbelievable ( some of these people also say they have one to get rid of you )

On average i get a new client every ten to fifteen minutes of knocking. Only had one call from just dropping a leaflet, and about five from personally handing them over to people that said they didnt avctually want/need one.

so really knocking and introducing yourself is the much better optiom.

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 02:46:54 pm »
Then book them in for quote etc.

You book them in for a quote? Why not quote them there and then?

Andy

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 03:00:05 pm »
In estate areas, you can post 100 leaflets per hour (apparantly); so 10, 000 leaflets equals 100 'man hours' to deliver them.

If you plan to do this in one eight hour day, 100 man hours equates to needing 12.5 people to post them; but posting leaflets for an eight hour stretch; non-stop; is going to be tough.

Good on you if you can organise this though.

landy2

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 03:37:45 pm »
krave
i find that people like you loose customers for us cleaners who have rounds by poaching on established work

Klean07

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 04:04:11 pm »
Thats rubbish, Everyone has the right to drop leaflets wherever they like. If your customer is satisfied with your work etc then theres no need to worry about losing any of your customers.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 04:04:41 pm »
krave
i find that people like you loose customers for us cleaners who have rounds by poaching on established work

::)
It's a game of three halves!

krave

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 04:12:22 pm »
Then book them in for quote etc.

You book them in for a quote? Why not quote them there and then?

Andy

I do when possible, some people dont seem to want me in there and then and ask to come back on so and so date.

krave

I think your comment there is very unfair, you dont know me nore do you know my words to customers. As soon as some one says they currently have a window cleaner i follow on by saying im not looking to poach work. but giving someone a leaflet as a second port of call is not unfair on 'you'. It is completely with in reason, same as if a asda leaflet comes through your door but you shop in tesco, and the amount of people that say there window cleaner has dissapeard. So what happens when he might do this. I have to knock again or wait for the next man to get the job first. A second port of call is exactly that, if something goes wrong then contact me.

So how have i poached or tried poaching work? How am i to know the house im knocking currently has a window cleaner?

Again the statement you have posted is rather rude.

landy2

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 04:14:19 pm »
klean07
i have seen cleaners kicked of ther ladders for poaching and so they should it a cleaners living i met someone like you before he tried it on so i give him a taste of his own and started to do all his work for half the price being a big company put him out of buisness did not like it in the end

MSTAV

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 04:26:12 pm »
purevision are you on a windup??

daniel horne

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 04:33:42 pm »
you need work like everyone els and yes it is every man for there self so good look  :) :) :) there more work out there than you know and more. so do your best but dont think it will all come at once keep working on going out and covering as much as you can with in 10 mils of you then do it again. 10 week later you never no how much you will get bye doing that but give it ago. :D :D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 04:41:18 pm »
klean07
i have seen cleaners kicked of ther ladders for poaching and so they should it a cleaners living i met someone like you before he tried it on so i give him a taste of his own and started to do all his work for half the price being a big company put him out of buisness did not like it in the end

Personally, I think you should castrate them and boil them in oil.  How dare someone try to do business on someone else's "patch"?

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 04:45:28 pm »
klean07

How did you find 'all his work'. Did you follow him around for a month or two?

geefree

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 04:45:33 pm »
Everyone has a right to start up,

you cant think... oh im going to be a window cleaner, and sit at home waiting for the phone to ring, because you have a free line in the yellow pages....

You have to get out there and find the work,...so .. yes  i think he is winding you up. ??? ;)

landy2

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 04:51:21 pm »
you know what custys are like 50 pence cheaper then they will go with anyone

karygate

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 05:17:41 pm »
that only applies to c** ;Dp window cleaners
gary

RO-Sheen

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 05:21:38 pm »
you know what custys are like 50 pence cheaper then they will go with anyone

That comment speaks volumes about your quality of work!!! ::)
 If you did a great job and were regular and reliable your customers wouldn't drop you for a saving of 50p! If you were very pleased with the service of your window cleaner would you drop him to save 50p???
Formerly known as GARGAAX