Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

Re: Phone still ringing
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2008, 02:25:26 pm »
shows theirs life in the old dog yet  ;D

thing is - its the forums that have helped me do this, that together with having some decent tools and cleaning fluids.
18 months ago I would have been charging £50 for what I did this morning for £135 - that is a 3 and a 2 seater. OK I did the lounge carpet as part of an offer, and charged £30 extra for a small dining area.
Got there 9am, vaccd the suite with my Hunter, used Solutions Heavy Duty on the dirty/greasy areas, standard micro splitters on the rest, bit of aggitation with microfibre mitt and tampico brush, extracted with CFR 5" and 3" tool. Extracted and not a lot of water used.
Then did the carpet including using Envirodri Gen4 for aggitation, 2 jet wand with glide (sorry Derek, I know they are for girls).
Whole job done by 11-45am

Jim_77

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 03:20:28 pm »
I'm sick of the phone ringing tbh!!  Glad it's almost time to switch the damn thing off, red wine stain this tea time and then a nice smelly one in an old folks home in the morning, and I'm done.  Just need to leave half my kit soaking in sanitizer for the next 2 weeks  :-X

Joe H

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 03:31:51 pm »
Did a few care homes during late 07 early 08.
Seems like I lst one that I quoted for a few months ago - and I dont really mind.
Too hot and too smelly................ and to add insult to the injury, some of the residents thought I was one of them ;D
Should I give up now ???

Neil Grainger

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 03:43:03 pm »
Thats it, phones off untill after Boxing day. So much so that my wife has taken my phone and has said she will check my messages if I get any.

Happy Xmas to you all.

Cheers

Neil

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 04:05:51 pm »
1 more job tomorrow for an old customer, then done, last job today peed me off as I was down to clean 3 bedrooms and a bathroom and when I got there the customer said that she didn't want teh house upside down and could I just clean the bathroom? Call out fee £75.

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2008, 04:21:03 pm »
just a bathroom  ::)

at least you go the £75 - or I assume you did

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 04:27:31 pm »
yes definately I think she saw my shall we call it 'my dilema'

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008, 04:30:28 pm »
mind you there are bathrooms and bathrooms.

I was doing a house last Thursday pm and Fri pm, the en-suite was  bigger then my front room, and the telly in the en-suite bigger then the telly in my front room.

Mind you the hall and landing were both about 30' long, and about 9' at the widest point.

PaulKing

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008, 04:38:04 pm »
1 more job tomorrow for an old customer, then done, last job today peed me off as I was down to clean 3 bedrooms and a bathroom and when I got there the customer said that she didn't want teh house upside down and could I just clean the bathroom? Call out fee £75.

Shaun

is 75 you minimum charge shaun as mines 65 and was think of upping it ?
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

John Gregory

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 04:48:42 pm »
2 jobs for tomorrow , nothing yet for Christmas eve , 1 job booked for new year [starting to worry already about Jan and Feb ]

John

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 04:51:05 pm »
Paul £75 isn't my normal min charge but on this occassion it was, I charge £59.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008, 04:56:32 pm »
Joe

Looks like you have the cleaning solutions spot on with the way you cleaned your suite this morn :)

Might have to think about changing things in the new year myself with the solutions :)

Think i must be the only one without work this week :(

derek west

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2008, 05:07:31 pm »
all finished now, took ages today but i do have man flu and them town house windy stairs are a real pain. got a call today for a suite,(so phones still ringing) booked the survey in for the 30th, thats it for me till the 29th, got 3 jobs then. must admit, i'll be glad of the break, need a recharge,
happy xmas everybody, and a big shout out to all those on here that have helped me out over the past 4 or 5 months, (you know who you are)don't think i'd of advanced this well with out yers.
cheers guys, now drink and be merry.
don't drink and fall down like me though.

derek

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2008, 05:17:32 pm »
your not on your own Clinton,did a suite today and thats me til the new year but on the plus side as Derek rightly says its time to drink and be merry,starting from now (this is my disclaimer is case of any crazy posts later on  ;D)

Ryan

Doug Holloway

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2008, 05:30:54 pm »
Hi Guys

Enjoy your breaks and lets hope there are not too many enforced breaks next year.

Joe, well done for putting your prices up to a more realistic level, this allows you to invest in decent kit etc.

At 50 Pounds for that lot you were on the road to nowhere!

For all those newbies and guys at the cheap end of the scale , remeber you have to make a profit to invest as well as a wage, the biggest mistake people make is to charge too little.
Cheers

Doug

derek west

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2008, 05:46:03 pm »
27 jobs for december, average ticket £92. not up to joes standards but not bad for 7 months up and running from scratch. i'll work on the ticket rise next year.
derek

clinton

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2008, 06:35:31 pm »
Doug good post with the investment bit :)

Derek

You have done well for your first months well done mate :)

Might be time to relax and enjoy the break guys while we can :)

Dave_Lee

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2008, 07:04:04 pm »
Derek,
27 jobs, and you are knackered!? At your age that should be a breeze.  ;D
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2008, 07:30:06 pm »
I do 27 a week but I'm a Yorkshireman!!!

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2008, 07:34:35 pm »
and what age is that then dave?
don't forget, ive been sat on my backside for the last 14 years.
derek