This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Timmy Boy

Cleaning Shop windows
« on: December 15, 2008, 06:31:43 pm »
Good evening all
We are a company which cleans shops when they are fitted out. Although the windows are normally a small part of each clean, I am finding them the most frustrating and the most time consuming! When we go in they usually have spot lights directly on the glass and usually have the window displays already in place. This means that I have to pole them which is where the problems come in. I wet them out and then blade them and they are always dry smeary? Is this because of poling technique, the type of blade, the detergent? Its driving me nuts, any help would be appreciated as it is letting down the whole job!
Regards
Tim

RO-Sheen

Re: Cleaning Shop windows
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 06:40:36 pm »
Most likely is your technique. Cant really tell you how to clean windows via email but you would be better of to ask someone to train you how to do it properly. Have you got a window cleaner friend that could show you the ropes?
If not, why not sub the shop window to a local window cleaner. It will cost you but alot less hassle!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Timmy Boy

Re: Cleaning Shop windows
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 06:44:14 pm »
problem is that the jobs are all over the UK. E.g Thursday - Glasgow, then the week after Plymouth!! Could it be that the spotlights are drying the glass too quickly?