This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: What happens next.? websites.
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 10:54:11 pm »
You need an FTP program. Google "Filezilla",.. it does the job and its free.

If you don't us the dreamhost site builder, you'll also need a bit of design software,.. personally I love dreamweaver. You can download a fee 30 day trial at www.adobe.com

Nat, he doesnt, DH has a file upload on the control panel, he can click on the files on his pc and upload them with 1 click ( ive just checked )

lets not confuse and make it hard with dreamweaver, let him have a go at the site builder and the templates on DH

m.b.s.

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 10:58:41 pm »
but i would advise using the web tool they have first as it looks quuite easy from the step by step guide

geefree

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 11:00:53 pm »
Thanks , i really appreciate all the help from you guys...

Matt , i am going to have a go at what you are suggesting, simple because its on the same site... i will let you know...lol

Thanks again.

matt

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 11:14:24 pm »
Thanks , i really appreciate all the help from you guys...

Matt , i am going to have a go at what you are suggesting, simple because its on the same site... i will let you know...lol

Thanks again.

give it a go, choose a template that you like

while i was reading this thread ive just used a template to knock a site up for some1

pjulk

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 11:15:28 pm »
Matt i take it your with dream hosting also

matt

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 11:20:11 pm »
Matt i take it your with dream hosting also

i know the lad who runs it

i host with a number of hosts to be honest

ive used DH for a few years, good uptime to be honest with a very good price ( though for some of my bigger sites i dont pay for the hosting, as they have a "hosted at" link

ive used hosts that are cheaper and ALOT more expensive, DH are good

geefree

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 01:18:48 pm »
Hi Matt,

on the left of the main dream hosting page, it says web builder as you said.... but when i open it ...it shows examples... but not how to access it... sorry for sounding thick...

but i thought it may be quicker to ask you on here rather than wait for a reply from support etc...

here is the link.. thanks.

www.dream-hosting.co.uk/web-builder.html

geefree

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 02:41:56 pm »
its ok, have found it... building now... its asking for title  in the browser for google lol.

im having fun.  :(

matt

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 03:30:15 pm »
its ok, have found it... building now... its asking for title  in the browser for google lol.

im having fun.  :(

ref the title in google, just call it your biz name like Gazza's window cleaning

geefree

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 05:04:19 pm »
Thanks Matt.

I think i have made a mistake... im calling it cleaning services as opposed to w/c services... so i can add services etc etc... on all my leaflets , and eventually my van...

but the website wont attract people wanting window cleaners now , will it.... just cleaners . lol.

geefree

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 06:42:31 pm »
oops ive been posting on the other thread instead of this....on the web builder there are no cleaning templates at all. ???