Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Prochem chemical alternatives ??
« on: March 07, 2005, 07:13:49 pm »
hi all.. As i trained with Prochem i have only  used their chemicals- which i have no complaints with . But as my supplier dosent keep it on the shelf and wants me to buy 20l at a time i am wondering what else is on the market.(as a new business i would rather be able to buy 5l as and when i need to) I would especially like to hear from other prochem users who have changed and why ? Have you just changed because of price or have you achieved a better clean?
 Subject to survey/tests  i usually prespray with multi-pro and extract with extraction -pro or fabric & fibre rinse on synthetic carpets  and on wool/woolmix i use pre spray gold  and extract with fabric & fibre  rinse . I would be very grateful to hear the alternatives , thanks mick

Mark Roberts

Re: Prochem chemical alternatives ??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 07:39:16 pm »
Use the search button - microsplitters  ! ;)

Mark

paul@ctcs

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 07:46:09 pm »
A & M,
 I've experimented with a number of conventional detergents and many including some of prochems I have found are very good, but for me microsplitters are the way forward.

Paul

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 07:47:40 pm »
Hi Both

Solutions 01726 852880

Hydromaster 01209 710335

Amtech uk 0845 1304755

Ashbys 01322 227806

A&M Cleaning Supplies 01923 671587

Chemspec Europe 01274 597333

Woodbridge 01279 422220

Theres a few for you hope it helps

Regards Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

jcbdfa

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 07:56:54 pm »
i use many chemspec products and find they exceed most prochem products(slightly)price wise they are more expensive. presprays h d soil lifter neutral ps traffic lane good alkali ps prekleen goods enzyme ps. formula 90 v good extraction liq. form 70 good enzyme extraction liq. ms are also excellent

lee_gundry

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 08:37:04 pm »
10 yrs in business running 2 truckmounts.

i use hydramaster,prochem,& a little chemspec as my main supplies.

Lee G
cumbria

mark_roberts

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 09:46:06 pm »
Lee

Sad reply from a Prochem rep.  Perhaps you should ask why the dist. only sells your products by the case.  Who wants 20litres of browning perscription!!

Mark

Nobby

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 10:06:04 pm »
Craftex 01823 332696.  They keep an excellent range of Prochem alternatives and they are also a Prochem distributor who will sell you 5 litres.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 07:12:21 am »
Why not buy from Express Cleaning Supplies if you need £50 worth.

I understand your frustration .

Although I can buy locally small quantities it is often dependant on supplier having it in stock.

The problem from local distributors point of view is demmand might not be high enough for product .

stevegunn

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 07:22:02 am »
A & M Supplies are a good prochem supplier

http://commerce.uk.sage.com/aandmcleaning/default.asp

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 07:35:30 am »
2 most respected suplliers within striking distance of you are Solutions Uk and Hydramaster.
Both offer chemicals, machines, accessories and sound advice, based on what is good for you NOT them.............both also have good reputations for customer service ;D

Chris Bailey

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 10:50:37 am »
Hi Mick

I also trained with Prochem and started using their products.  I was fortunate that my local distributor has very good stock levels on the self so i can walk in and get what I need, in most cases.

I also use Microsplitters from Solutions, I still use Prochem on occasions but mostly microsplitters, made the work easier.

If you want to continue to use Prochem then ring them direct, complain about their distributor and ask for alternative suppliers in your area, or you could speak to Nick at Sulutions about microsplitters.

As I understand it Prochem operates a structure for its distributors from Full service distributors, who will meet most of your needs from stock, to the smaller distributor trying to earn a few quid selling chemicals, if you buy 20L worth.

By the way, the reason your supplier wants you to buy 20L at a time is because that's what he has to buy from Prochem! So he obviously doesn't want to carry any stock, if I was you I would find an alternative source.

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester

paul@ctcs

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 11:20:52 am »
Hi Mick,

As stated before, give Nick a call at Solutions and get yourself a bottle of Number 2 heavy duty, He's a nice guy and I'm sure he will sell you 1 litre for trial purposes. This stuff really is the business  :) I love it!!

Paul

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 11:53:15 am »
Hi Guys

A & M I'm only about 30 minutes down the road from you so 5 litres as you need it is not an issue,

Best regards Nick

garyj

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2005, 12:14:47 pm »
Now I use microsplitters I have a garage full of Prochem and other stuff that is unlikely to be used again. So pm me if your interested in a load of new and half used carpet cleaning products.

Your best bet is to have a word with Nick at Solutions, the products are near on idiot proof to use ( I've proven that), and in my opinion give the best clean you're going to get.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 01:00:01 pm »
The two leading names within our industry are Chemspec and Prochem. As you can gather, there are high quality alternatives available too.

Amberley and Mick have raised two issues. Alternative suppliers and amount of stock to be bought in. If I were new to the industry today but still able to use the experience I have, the two options I would choose would be either Micro Splitting or fresh water rinseable detergents. The reason for this is that you would be able to buy in economical quantities, but as the range required to stock is so much smaller than using conventional detergents, outlay and storage space would be saved. So, you would require some Solutions/OneStep etc. in either/and Regular/Woolsafe, or for detergents Spitfire Advanced (Woolsafe) or CitraFresh (Heavy Duty for Restaurants etc.) Both are fresh water rinseable. And I'd carry an acidic rinse at all times for occasional use.  My Choice would be between a Woolsafe MicroSplitter or Spitfire Advanced Woolsafe and also Multifibre)   Minimum Stock/storage/outlay.

All the products above are labelled as suitable for wet clean upholstery too.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken

PS The detergents above are available from Dry Fusion UK.
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 09:54:24 am »
Thanks for all the feedback. lots of leads for us to follow up on..  Amberley  and Mick

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 05:33:56 pm »
Why not buy from Express Cleaning Supplies if you need £50 worth.

Thankyou Ian!

Even if you need less than £50 we can deliver it but there is a £6 delivery charge.

Regards

Mike

Gavin Reardon

Re: Prochem chemical alternatives ?? New
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 05:48:50 pm »
Hi Both

I use Newhall Janitorial for my Prochem chemical's they always have a good stock. and  free delivery next day or if you get in with them like I have you can ring them anytime before 2pm and theres a very good chance they will deliver it with in an hour or two to the job you or your staff are working on any size order, they have many vans on the road, beat that for service! of course I Look after the staff in the office at  crimbo time and if they have there carpets cleaned etc but it is well worth it and I all so get 60 days credit  ;D  ;D

Regards Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk