Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike_Boxall

Anyone into serious fire & flood restoration?
« on: March 04, 2005, 01:03:57 pm »
Hi

I'm looking for someone to trial a unique new portable Ozone generator we are considering.

This unit produces 24gms of Ozone an hour (much more than any other mobile machine) and has a unique deactivation cycle which means that rooms don't have to be left so long before re-use.

If there is anyone who already uses ozone generators and would like to trial this for me please give me a call, drop me an email, private message or reply here.

Thanks

Mike

Mike_Boxall

Re: Anyone into serious fire & flood restoration?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 04:46:46 pm »
ok then, not many of you into Ozone generators!

Have many of you used Ozone at all before?

Regards

Mike

Dennis

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 05:02:10 pm »
Breathe it every day.  ;)

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 05:34:27 pm »
Hi Mike

Yes I use them now and then but I would not class this as into Fire and Flood restoration seriously.

I dont own one but I do hire one as an when I need one.

Have had very good results using ozone generators in the past.

Regards Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 05:54:07 pm »
Thanks Gavin, do you use them more for general odour control then? Can I ask where you hire them from - I don't suppose you can recall the make?

regards

Mike

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 06:17:46 pm »
Hi Mike

I have used them for all kinds of bad odours ie damp, Smoke, even for removing the smell of a dead body!!

I hire them from Brandon Tool Hire, I can not recall the make!  I have just had a look in there new directory they have sent me and I can not see the name on the machine but I can ask Bob who rents them to me if you like.

If you pop in to your local Brandon Tool Hire and pick up a free directory and turn to page 96 you can see the ones I hire.

Hope this helps regards Gavin  ;)
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Mike_Boxall

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 07:10:35 pm »
Mike

Save getting book here’s there web site http://www.brandontoolhire.co.uk/Directory/prodList.asp?idcategory=86&curPage=2

And picture of it

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 08:30:28 am »
Hi Guys,

Never used one but interested in principle.

Ozone is extremely reactive as it has a triple bond , which is why it will react with chemicals causing smells.

Cyanide is another with a triple bond :o

Cheers,

Doug

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 09:36:11 am »
Thanks Len

Doug - I get the chemistry to a certain degree but have yet to find people using it to any great extent. I know it's more widely used elsewhere than it is over here. (Isn't cyanide found in beansprouts?)

As I understand it Ozone is an unstable gas comprising three atoms of oxygen (O3). It's unstable because it easily degrades back to diatomic oxygen (O2) with the formation of free oxygen atoms which are highly reactive and will oxidise with almost anything including viruses, bacteria, organic and inorganic compounds on contact.

I've looked at the Brandon unit (and was interested to note that they claim 'Ozone is the most powerful and effective cleaning agent known to man')

Their biggest unit generates 3gms of Ozone per hour. The one we're looking at generates 24gms an hour.

I'll carry on investigating

Thanks

Mike

CATMAN

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 03:01:05 pm »
Mike,

I do alot of fire & flood, but I personally don't like using ozone machines in someones property. I have 6 small ozone machines from cleanair systems and a large sonizair from the states, and would not rate them against the large ionizers we use.

I used to have an ozone chamber for decontaminating elctrical items reverted back to the ionizer.

I used the ionizer in a large church hall smelling of sewage got excallant results just after two days. The small ozone we use on water jobs do seem less effective.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 04:13:32 pm »
...that's interesting. People often get confused about Ionisers and Ozone generators.

If you get any work in the Midlands please let me know.

Regards

Mike