Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Glynn

Leaving Carpet Drier
« on: March 04, 2005, 01:01:42 pm »

Leaving Carpet Drier
« on: Today at 12:50pm »    Quote  Modify  Remove
------------------------------------------------------------------------
With my dedication to carpet cleaning and leaving them as dry as is practicaly possible and my continued investment in this business. I can now confirm the results of some recently aquired equipment.
1) Hydramaster's Rotary DriMaster tool:
cleaned semi trashed bungalow carpets = 2 x bedrooms, bathroom, hall, lounge majority belgian wiltons except bedrooms which were cheap nylon twists. The bedrooms had heavy spillage in areas which would have took a lot of wand scrubbing, the RDM cleaned it out very easily, the BWs clean fine and pile lifted well. Total cleaning time 45 mins, when I checked the dryness the 1st bedroom was dry to the touch as was the first BW room.
Another job in a care home, large lounge in 80wool/20nylon dirty, this one I do often and usually dries in about 4 hrs dried within one hour !.
2) Green Glide:
first job, 5x bedrooms, landing/hall,lounge,dining rooms.
bedrooms in saxony, medium soiling, usual method inc pre-spray etc, bedroom carpets dry in under a hour as was other rooms ! and it was a very "cold day"
These new type holed glides from Greenie are amazing to say the least. Even with a large TM with a 4007 blower set at 15Hg you can scrubb the wand back and forth on thick wool carpet with just finger and thumb.
It makes it so easy and draws out moisture from the carpet like you wouldn't believe. The best $169 I have ever spent ! .
Glynn
Regards
Glynn

Dave_Lee

Re: Leaving Carpet Drier
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 01:50:20 pm »
Hi Glynn,
I always thought the RDM was slower than a wand, what puts me off is the amount of water and thus solution you get through, though granted it does leave the carpet drier.
The glides I have only recently heard about and Im still trying to get my head around the fact that they can leave the carpet drier whilst the airflow is obviously restricted also that they dont leave streaks in the carpet, like you would have if, say a central part of your wand oriface (without glides) became blocked.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Mark Roberts

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 04:04:37 pm »
The glides ride along the top of the carpet, which actually creates more airflow CFM. More CFM =  drier carpet, like the CFR wand. The holes are quite close to each other so streaking should not be a problem.
Got any pics of your greenie Glynn?

Mark

Glynn

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 04:43:24 pm »
Yes I've got pics but will have to post them on the cleantalk board, its just too hard here and too slow.
Regards
Glynn

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 05:06:04 pm »
Glynn,

Do you feel the clean was as deep with the glides.

I know some people feel the CFR tools do not clean as deeply?

Cheers,

Doug

Glynn

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 05:29:34 pm »
Doug
I feel that it cleans deeper.
The amount of water going on it is the same, this water has to go in the carpet and since its drier then yes it has to. It cleans really dirty carpet with ease.

Glynn
Regards
Glynn

*paul_moss

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 06:38:58 pm »
Glynn
Can you pm me were  you bought it

paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Glynn

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 06:49:39 pm »
Regards
Glynn

*paul_moss

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 07:08:02 pm »
GLynn how do you pay them, and how long is delivery.

Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Glynn

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 07:15:32 pm »
Paid by card, it arrived in 4 days.
Regards
Glynn

peter_collins

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 08:18:21 pm »
Hi Glynn,
I always thought the RDM was slower than a wand, what puts me off is the amount of water and thus solution you get through, though granted it does leave the carpet drier.
The glides I have only recently heard about and Im still trying to get my head around the fact that they can leave the carpet drier whilst the airflow is obviously restricted also that they dont leave streaks in the carpet, like you would have if, say a central part of your wand oriface (without glides) became blocked.
Dave.

The RDM uses the same amount of water as a wand, Bill Jensen from HydraMaster USA was on the HydraMaster stand and explained that the RDM recovers 85% more water than a normal wand, in doing so, it also recovers more soil and chemical leaving the carpets drier, cleaner and with less chemical residue. John Gotts, please send me that demo RDM ASAP!

Mark Roberts

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 08:39:54 pm »
So an RDM recovers over 3 times more water than a normal wand??
I dont think so. Depends who the operator is and the type of machine there using.
With a normal wand I can recover at least 85% of water, so can a RDM recover 3 times more...no.

Cheers

Mark

peter_collins

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 09:16:15 pm »
Hi Mark, a bit of confusion here I think,

I quote from http://www.hydramaster.com/accessories/rdm.asp

Recent tests conducted by an independent testing facility reveal that HydraMaster’s Rotary DriMaster™ Power Tool leaves 85% less moisture in carpets after cleaning. The tests were completed in laboratory controlled conditions using scientific soiling, cleaning and measuring procedures. Completed in August 2003, the testing revealed that a standard 2-jet Scrub Wand left 3.1 ounces of moisture after cleaning, while the RDM left 0.46 ounces on a test area of about 3 square feet. This indicated that the RDM left only 15% as much moisture as a wand and confirmed the RDM’s amazing ability to recover moisture and achieve significantly faster dry-time results. Cleaning Efficacy tests conducted simultaneously, further revealed that the RDM cleaned better than the Standard Scrub Wand.

peter_collins

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 09:20:16 pm »
or to put it in your terms, the RDM would recover 85% of the 15% of moisture you leave behind in the carpet.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 10:18:24 pm »
I've had mine for 6 months or so and I would recommend RDM to anyone but not to anyone in the Sheffield area as it doesn't agree with the water here ;D

Drying times are NOT exagerated, but with an added turbo drier carpets can be moisture meter dry within 45 minutes obviously that will depend on the soiling, carpet type, amount of passes (usually 2) and ventillation for your turbo to work effectively.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 10:20:24 pm »
Peter,
Ref my comments about the RDM getting through more water than a standard wand. I have not used an RDM and was purely going off the comments made in earlier posts from CCs who do own an RDM like for example Shaun from Sheffield. So Shaun perhaps you could clarify - does the RDM use more water?
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Glynn

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 10:28:00 pm »
I really truly wish I had not started this post, as it shows just how negative people with can be. We are talking about a tool that can escalate your productivity and produce drying times that could not otherwise be achieved. Then again why on earth would a Co like Hydramaster spend millions of $ for nothing. with a product that costs more than the average portable ?
The mind boggles.
Regards
Glynn

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2005, 10:38:51 pm »
Yes Dave it does but not great quantities of it and it is definately worth it, I charge alot more for the use of this machine. It is not used on every job, but if it were I would be much wealthier.

Shaun

Dave_Lee

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2005, 10:39:06 pm »
Shaun,
Ive seen the latest RX20 and is as you say - the slots have been partly filled in and only has three jets, but to be honest I just reduced the jet sizes and achieve superb drying times with my standard RX20.
Glynn, I know what you are saying and I agree, I would get an RDM myself and glides plus a few other things, but for for the time being my priorities lie elswhere. I would not however get an RDM until I upgrade my TM with a bigger water and recovery tank.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 10:41:31 pm »
Shaun,
Thanks for the clarification, maybe Ill get one sooner.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.