This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobjarrett

ro in garden
« on: March 04, 2005, 12:02:54 pm »
concerning ro in garden , do u need heater to stop membranes  from freezing ,  also would it be worth insulation on walls etc in shed , thinkn or is this to much , would u need a concrete base to stop damp etc , i  know we dont realy get cold snaps that last that long  but just in case in feed back would be sound , i know some of u have ro s  in your sheds cheers,'
bob jarrett-smear clear windows

Jeff Brimble

Re: ro in garden
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 01:56:20 pm »
-8 degrees and everything freezes. If you only have a garden I would put in a totally insulated ( 2") shed/shelter about 2 sq meters and install a greenhouse heater(electric with a paraffin backup for electric cuts. Bring in underground or insulated a water supply and have an outlet for waste that will not freeze back up the outlet pipe (protected.
 And away you go  :)

bobjarrett

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 02:40:53 pm »
cheers jeff just what i wanted to here , gonna run my waiste water down drain pipe , still got to save lots of dosh to get up and running cheers for quick reply

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 06:34:11 pm »
,,,,,,,,,,,and in the meantime you fall off !
If you have made the decision, do it. Beg borrow or put it on credit car, start with a small system do tops only then when
 you have the experience GROW.

Neil

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 08:57:45 pm »
,,,,,,,,,,,and in the meantime you fall off !
If you have made the decision, do it. Beg borrow or put it on credit car, start with a small system do tops only then when
 you have the experience GROW.
Exactly how I got started, I put it all on a card then as soon as everything was bought, I transferred it to a new card offering 0% on balance transfers,
As long as you keep an eye on it and move to a new card offering 0% each time as the "free" period expires you will get the kit you need at no extra cost.

Neil

replacement

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 09:42:54 pm »
Get  a Frost Stat Heater costs approx £30 ish and it will turn on when the temp reaches 0'C making sure it does not effect your Ro membranes.

Justin

bobjarrett

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 11:33:43 pm »
thanks again to everybody on advice given computers bn down for a few days all best bob