Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roy Harding

What a great day
« on: November 14, 2008, 03:26:32 pm »
Working in a T shirt today, dont you just love working out side.

Roy

Roy Harding

Re: What a great day
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:27:48 pm »
Look at the gardens

ftp

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 03:34:50 pm »
Bit different to the cat crap infested hell holes i worked in today, even though i was wearing a t shirt.  >:(

Roy Harding

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 03:39:04 pm »
All my work is rural and the views are breath taking. It just makes the job very rewarding.

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 03:39:36 pm »
Bit different to the cat crap infested hell holes i worked in today, even though i was wearing a t shirt.  >:(

I did a posh house in Shirenewton today; indoor swimming pool, underfloor heating; granite kitchen worktops, electric entrance gates, stables; but they have two dogs that poo everywhere.

Poo is just not limited to working-class homes.

Roy Harding

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:41:08 pm »

I did a posh house in Shirenewton today; indoor swimming pool, underfloor heating; granite kitchen worktops, electric entrance gates, stables; but they have two dogs that poo everywhere.

Poo is just not limited to working-class homes.

I was only a few mile away in Penault.

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 03:42:39 pm »
All my work is rural and the views are breath taking. It just makes the job very rewarding.

Roy

I think we're all lucky, those of us who live along or by the Wye Valley.

I love the place; I have a dog who needs walking; so I get out to enjoy the place frequently, whether I like it or not.

Roy likes it though, 'cos there's lots of rich people round here!  ;)

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 03:47:35 pm »
I was only a few mile away in Penault.

Roy

So that house in Penault, the one in the picture; posh looking place; does the owner have any dogs or a burglar alarm?

Just wondering.

Roy Harding

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 03:51:53 pm »
 ;D

Both and the old CTV.

I do 4 real big ones in penault, one is Rob Plants old place.

Nice area.

Have you seen that new squeegee?  ;)

Roy

ftp

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 03:55:07 pm »
Is that the name of it next to the picture?
Interestingly i live in surroundings very similar to that (well i don't mean live) there are a lot of sooper dooper country houses very close to my area. The trouble is someone else cleans them all i think because i haven't picked many up. How do you go about getting this work?

Roy Harding

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 04:01:54 pm »
Is that the name of it next to the picture?
Interestingly i live in surroundings very similar to that (well i don't mean live) there are a lot of sooper dooper country houses very close to my area. The trouble is someone else cleans them all i think because i haven't picked many up. How do you go about getting this work?

Yes it is the name, Ive been cleaning this one about 24yrs now, great people.

When I started in our town there was only 2 main window cleaners. So I went out into the rural areas and canvased the villages. And now have a lot of nice jobs.

You have to drive 3-4 mins beetween jobs.

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 04:04:37 pm »

I've done well this year in three affluent country areas (Llangum, Llansoy, and Shirenewton; for the local lads) and all of them came to me by way of recommendation.  My smallest account is in Llansoy and that's £20.  It adds upto three-days work for us; all of it is every-other-month; but I do look forward to this part of my round.

matt

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 04:07:57 pm »
i clean a long road that over looks a valley and its very nice, all have nice views, to be honest, i dont really care for them, i work and thats it

it doenst matter to me if they have cracking views of the canel or live in a 3 bed on a new build estate, ive never been 1 to take in views ( a bit sad really )

Roy Harding

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 04:08:15 pm »
I pass through Llansoy

My brother in law used to clean most of the village there.

Roy

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 04:10:23 pm »

I've done well this year in three affluent country areas (Llangum, Llansoy, and Shirenewton; for the local lads) and all of them came to me by way of recommendation.  My smallest account is in Llansoy and that's £20.  It adds upto three-days work for us; all of it is every-other-month; but I do look forward to this part of my round.
It gets boring after 11 years though!
I've got over 3 day's work in Shirenewton alone.

Roy Harding

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 04:13:41 pm »

It gets boring after 11 years though!
I've got over 3 day's work in Shirenewton alone.

I spend a whole week starting at Itton, Devauden,Wolvesnewtton, Catbook, Whitebook, Penault.

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 04:20:09 pm »
You lot do know I note all this information down, and should any of you get knocked over/die suddenly, I know straight away where to canvass?

Roy Harding

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 04:23:22 pm »
You lot do know I note all this information down, and should any of you get knocked over/die suddenly, I know straight away where to canvass?

I left it all to you in my will Tosh ;D

Do you do the houses in Llansoy set back off the road theres about 10 -12 of them?

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 04:28:49 pm »

Do you do the houses in Llansoy set back off the road theres about 10 -12 of them?

Roy

Thankyou!

No I don't I've two on the main drag, not far from the end of the villaige and I do a farmhouse just outside of Llansoy on a narrow road that leads to Llangum.

But should I?

I plan to leaflet the place next Spring and if I get a couple of calls, I may canvass.

Roy Harding

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 04:32:25 pm »

Roy

Thankyou!

No I don't I've two on the main drag, not far from the end of the villaige and I do a farmhouse just outside of Llansoy on a narrow road that leads to Llangum.

But should I?

I plan to leaflet the place next Spring and if I get a couple of calls, I may canvass.

I would asap as my brother in law has given up about 8 months ago.

Roy