This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NBwcs

Gutter pricing
« on: March 03, 2005, 09:25:19 pm »
Very interested to know what we're all charging and how we're pricing gutter cleans. Seems to be alot of money in it but it also has the potential to be priced wrong if not careful particularly when doing areas of cladding below the guttering. I charge about £60 (depending on mood) for a 3 bed detached, gutter clear/clean + facias/soffits. Dont know why but I tend to feel almost embarressed when quoting this as general reaction is "thats a lot". Dont fancy doing it for much less though, its a long way up! Perhaps its an area thing (tight round here) or am I expensive?
                              Cheers Nick

thewindowcleaner1

Re: Gutter pricing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 09:35:32 pm »
I normally charge £35 plus window clean price depending on condition of upvc as I don't like doing them I tend to make them wait a couple of months until I'm in the mood, used to save this type of work for wet days but got fed up getting soaked.To empty gutters I will look to see if they need clearing for free and if they do charge a rate of £6 a bucket for debris removed (size of bucket plays important part in this price)
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 09:39:39 pm »
seems a fair, if not a bit low. I'd remind them its only once a year and if they got a builder to do it, as some do here it would cost a fortune. How long do you think it would take you? I work with another bloke regurlarly and would expect a £60 job to take us about an hour. Think of the smell of rotten leaves! :o

reah

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 09:46:30 pm »
Hi i generally have stoped gutter cleans now as im to busy but if i do i charge starting price at £20.00 for each gutter
and £10.00 for small gutters that can be reach with a small pointer garages etc. Thats an  average £50.00. fascia i charge £40.00 starting price each side of the house depending of amount of area to be cleaned.no one has said no yet.I tell them ill clean when the weathers not so good.so theres allways something to fall back on.But generaly i find it a real pain to do.clearing gutters of leaves moss etc small house £50.00 starting price.

bobjarrett

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 12:29:20 pm »
just tell customer how much would a builder charge etc , love gutter gutter cleans standerd 25 each side , tell them how much to replace , as for fascia sofit etc , i normaly say i dont realy know how long it will take , double up on normal window clean rate , tell em ist and add some on , its a dangerous job , thats why there not doing it , in past under quoted big mistake  could of earnt more money doing windows not any more , make sure you have stand off , got about 4 jobs booked for the spring keep pushing them , also try to have someone with u  footing etc , for cleaning fascia etc i use evans mstrole multi purpose cleaner small spray bottle  pre spray ahead of yourself hope this helps
bob jarrett-smear clear windows

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 05:29:48 pm »
I dont have much time either for gutter work too busy with windows.Anyway when i do them i use wet/dry vac with a peice of down pipe for extension.Fit on end of vac place in gutter you can clean out over conservs and upto 6 feet without moving your ladder.As for cleaning off generally use wfp but detach cylinder and use normal water.

Chris Gillespie

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 06:26:23 pm »
We charge around £80 for a three bed house, normally existing customers. Takes about 20 mins with pressure washer and extendable lance plus a window clean afterwards. I think £80 a year is a fair enough price when you consider the customers bill if they were to leave them and the whole gutter came down, plus water stains, and damp..etc.

Chris

Duke

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 06:32:09 pm »
wow...on a semi I charge just £15...only takes ten minutes...unless they are full of C R A P...but not usually..it's just a peice of mind thing.....just annoys me I might have to get a ladder on the job to have a look....

NBwcs

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 07:46:13 pm »
Thanks for that lads, I'll stick to my guns and try to sound convincing when quoting. When you think that a roofer charges £50 for putting back one loose tile I suppose it puts it in perspective.   Cheers Nick

D G Windows

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 10:29:19 pm »
Much Respect to you Chris for the prices you get in your area. Thats good going.

Here in South Manchester, a fair price for me is normally around £35 - £55, i tend to just clean the gutters for that price, no window cleaning inside charge or extra frame or fascia cleaning. Although that is for an average sized house, anything bigger would be more £ 65 - 85 id say.

I had 3 on one saturday morning and made £130 by dinner they were all next door to one another, but they dont come round that often for me, and i think id do more if they did :)

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 10:55:15 pm »
my normal price for a terrace house ie friont and back is £50-00 more if semi or detached, lets face it most customers don't wanna do it themselves so charge more, i charged £40-00 for a small bungalow they other day and only needed my small single pointer
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk