Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clinton

Re: 3 rooms for £99
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2008, 10:33:57 pm »
Thats is a cheap price you charge mate.

So what about a through room  ???

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 08:55:11 am »
Yes Clinton Ill get 20,000 done and give it a go, if it doesnt work then back to the 3 for 2 offer. It has to be worth a try but I still have about 10,000 leaflets left so once Im shot of them Ill get the new ones printed up.
John

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 11:58:14 am »
For those that reckon they can clean three rooms in an hour i am intersted to know just what extent are you going to to clean these carpets. Are you vacuuming all of the room including under the furniture and around the gully where the carpet meets the skirting, are you prespraying including under the furniture, are you extracting the whole room including under furniture and are you resetting the pile?

Cheers Goron

Mike Halliday

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 12:36:23 pm »
Goron why don't you say what you mean ;) you're implying that you can't clean 3 rooms in an hour without ( what you would consider to be) cutting corners,

so I'll put it simply, I often clean 3 rooms in 1 hour ( not all the time obviously) they will be as clean as they possible can be, even if some one took twice as long they wouldn't get them any cleaner, will I vacuum? no will it make any difference that I haven't vacuum for 40mins before i start? I don't think so.

But it we say 3 rooms for £99 and it takes 1.5 hours  or 2hours so what, we are discussing the special offer not an hourly rate.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 12:45:05 pm »
i seams we working on the asumption that this deal is the hottest think since free bhot bread or as we say in the Retail Trade a FLYING MACHINE

I think 3 rooms for £49 might be  but still douby if it would pull more than 5 per  thousand leaflets  I do not think £99 ould fill your book each week  but its a promotion

derek west

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2008, 01:21:44 pm »
would take me on average, 1 hour and 30 mins and thats with no cutting corners to do 3 rooms.
my worst so far is a H/S/L which took 90 mins, (dont ask)
and my best was this morning
small bed small living room and a hall, same carpet all within 25ft of the van and completely empty, 40 mins, (and i took my time)KERCHING!!!!!
wish they were all like that.

so hard to work out why some take longer than others. one brew or a quick natter and the time goes out the window, does anyone else find that?

anyway i'd charge £90 for 3 rooms so i'm happy with £60 and hour, maybe i should do the offer and earn a bit more. ;D
derek

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2008, 01:45:32 pm »
Derek but there are two of you!

Mike yes we are discussing the offer but also in the topic was people like yourselves saying they could do that in an hour or less. Not vacuuming in my eyes is wrong and i have proven it to myself after during the cleaning the clumps of hair and stuff that ball up and after when grooming more hair and fluff so yes 40 mins vacuuming before hand is important!

Cheers Goron

Derek_Walker

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2008, 02:11:03 pm »
I think if the 3 rooms were empty, or you did not have to move any furniture, then 1 person could clean these rooms to a fairly high standard within 1.5 hours. That includes vacuuming before hand, setting up and packing away, no problem, providing the rooms are not in a mansion at opposite ends of the building.

clinton

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2008, 02:24:44 pm »
John

Be good to see how the offer goes then,john kelly said in the post that he has a customer that uses this.

I do think the 3 for £99 pound that mike posted sounds more of a buy than 3 for 2 ???

Def something for me to think about in the new year mind you..

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2008, 03:54:28 pm »
Yeah John Kelly did say one of his customers does that but it isnt me!! But i will give it a go alright...nothing to loose. 20,000 should see if there are any takers enough to keep the offer on. John

Brendan B

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2008, 07:20:48 pm »

What if parts of the carpet had come away from the gripper rods and need to be fixed before clean, also if there are stubborn stains etc etc and the job takes you 3 or even 4 hours do you still consider it profitable? taking into account having to go and quote the job in the first place then go back to do the job and doing the job 100%

IMHO i would prefer to try and do a couple of £200/£300 pound jobs a day and work off the referrals from them, alot more profitable and worthwhile.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2008, 07:39:50 pm »
'i would prefer to try and do a couple of £200/£300 pound jobs a day' 

and do bears poop in the woods ;) ;)

hands up anyone who would'nt :)

mark_roberts

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2008, 07:43:52 pm »
Brendan - how do you get a couple of £300 jobs a day??

I like this £99 idea only as a means of upselling from those who only want one room cleaning or my pet hate a HSL only.

If I was doing it it would be on terms of customer must vacuum and move furniture or else its say £5 an item to move ie. a persuasion to move it themselves.  Offer based on an average 3 bed-semi room sizes.  This is important as you dont want the rooms to be more than 12x12.

Mark

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2008, 08:13:43 pm »
And what happens when you get a large house quote over the phone and they dont tell you ???

Its a good idea as a header for an add BUT.is it worth it?

As for two 2 to 300.00 jobs. A DAY......ive just seen two pink pigs fly past me window :o :o :o :o
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

carlton care

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2008, 08:58:33 pm »
The magic word for that eventuality James, is FROM!!!

robert m

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2008, 09:04:54 pm »
And you would get away with FROM in Glasgow Robert......
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2008, 09:16:04 pm »
And what happens when you get a large house quote over the phone and they don't tell you

then you get the leaflet show them where it says based on a modern 3 bed house and then stick it down there flippin throats :o

.....what happens when it a house built on an island in the middle of the Thames

......what happens when its a house with no door or windows

......what happens when its the queen calling and she want buck house doing

we can go on for ever with what happens and what ifs

in the end, ask them where they live if its not within the conditions stipulated  don't do it for £99

carlton care

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2008, 09:23:17 pm »
James Glasgow as I know it, is no different from Edinburgh or Newcastle, Leeds or any other city, just as a village in Fife is no different from Hampshire, they all have houses with carpets.

How you assemble a leaflet is important and the fans of " little Joe Polish " will tell you about the provision within his marketing for adding " up to " 200 sq ft, or whatever.

Derek_Walker

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2008, 09:26:51 pm »
Lets face it, if a stain does not come out after the first clean or with your normal spotters chances are that stain is not going to budge, it's a stain not a spot and should be qualified when you turn up that results could be limited or it may need further treatment, either way it would be classed as damage restoration. Putting carpet back on the grippers is not what I would call cleaning and is an extra.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2008, 09:46:45 pm »
Make yourself a price list of extras, £99 for 3 carpets would be for a straight forward clean (which has been said) but then for scotchguard and fitting and upholstery cleaning etc etc etc then these would fall into this catagory, I think they call it an upsell (not bait and switch)

Shaun