This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

absolutecleaning

terracotta tiles
« on: November 04, 2008, 07:17:05 am »
Hello

A mate of mine has a hallway area about 10m2 which is terracotta tiles.

He wants them polished to a shine on a regular basis.

We've done some of this sort of work in the past but what do you reckon the best product / technique would be.  We dont really want to be taking a buffer round there for such a small area but they do need to keep the shine and be maintained.

Cheers

Si

Gerry Styles

Re: terracotta tiles
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 10:08:12 am »
Used this product before worked well

www.ltp-online.co.uk/
Premier Klean Limited

darrenbale

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 01:08:20 pm »
"for all your cleaning needs"
Fresh Cleaning Solutions Ltd

absolutecleaning

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 05:59:16 pm »
cheers lads

so with both of these products i take it you'd strip any existing polish, polish and then advise them to use maintainer with maybe the odd reapplication of the polish?

sherco

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 06:03:20 pm »
Im a tiler and would not use either of these products, i only use aqua mix products for cleaning and sealing, and i do loads of cleaning jobs like this.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

darrenbale

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 06:40:07 pm »
cheers lads

so with both of these products i take it you'd strip any existing polish, polish and then advise them to use maintainer with maybe the odd reapplication of the polish?

Yeah, although you can use ours as the maintainer by mixing it with equal parts water.

darrenbale

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 06:42:42 pm »
Im a tiler and would not use either of these products, i only use aqua mix products for cleaning and sealing, and i do loads of cleaning jobs like this.

How much do you pay for this? isn't it about £20 per litre?

absolutecleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 06:50:44 pm »
he wont be too bothered about the price and as it is a small area it doesnt sound like too much.

darren - are you agreeing that it is a superior product (albeit a more expensive one)?

darrenbale

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 06:56:16 pm »
Actually no i'm not, its a very similar product and each should give you the same results. I'm just amazed that he dismissed all other products in favour of something that is very expensive.

Ours is £25.11 for 10Litres

If price isn't an issue, then buy a litre of aqua mix and 10Litres of ours ( almost same price) and try them both out. Would be good to hear your feedback.

sherco

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 07:00:48 pm »
Actually no i'm not, its a very similar product and each should give you the same results. I'm just amazed that he dismissed all other products in favour of something that is very expensive.

Ours is £25.11 for 10Litres

If price isn't an issue, then buy a litre of aqua mix and 10Litres of ours ( almost same price) and try them both out. Would be good to hear your feedback.
I haven't tried your products, so send me details and i will give them a try. I have tried lots and found aqua mix very good, and the quantity we use i get it for a very competitive price.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

darrenbale