Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

Thought I would bring this back from the dead as I'm sure it will be useful.

Certainly been useful for myself

Thanks Tosh (even though I wasn't a window cleaner while this was going on)
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

matt

Thought I would bring this back from the dead as I'm sure it will be useful.

Certainly been useful for myself

Thanks Tosh (even though I wasn't a window cleaner while this was going on)

its a good thread

have a look at this, in it i have explained in more detail what needs to be done

http://alturl.com/bhvi

Blue Frog Systems

Can two of these poles be interchanged matt ? I read you can use the last two sections, but can the ones in between be added at any stage ?

matt

oh and as another update

my pole is now 2 and 1/2 years old and still going strong  ;D

and they said the pole wouldnt be strong enough

matt

Can two of these poles be interchanged matt ? I read you can use the last two sections, but can the ones in between be added at any stage ?

some can yes, you just have to work out which

when i got the pole to 45 ft, i used 2 Zenflex and 1 gangsta ( with a few spare bits )

Blue Frog Systems

Matt... If I bought 2 x zenflex's, could I fit most of the poles together to create a larger pole ?

matt

Matt... If I bought 2 x zenflex's, could I fit most of the poles together to create a larger pole ?

yes

BUT only using the last 2 sections which would increase your pole by about 6 ft

the other bits would be handy as spares

Blue Frog Systems

Ok, so one zenflex would give me 15ft (by tosh's guide) and then each additional pole would give me an extra 6ft.

1 - 15ft
2 - 21ft
3 - 27ft

And so on.

So roughly £20 a pole that works out at £60 for a 27ft pole.

Are there any other options for a 27ft pole but at a lower price ?

Tosh

Window Wipers, I'm not sure the Zensorflex would be good to use as a 27 foot pole - not on a regular basis anyway - because the bottom sections you would build it up with slide really far into each other.

Buy two Zensorflex's (or whatever the equivalent pole is) and have a play round with those first.

Blue Frog Systems

Tosh, its only going to be used on about 20 houses and on 10 of them its only a window or two.

So not a regular thing at that height.

Am going to have a ring round my local fishing shops at dinner time and see who sells the and can give me the best deal seen as though they can keep the two top sections.

As I've said before... Cracking thread Tosh ! I've been trawling for something in 'simple terms' as everything else has gone over my head. Its like an idiots guide made especially for me ;D

Tosh

Right, no probs.  That's a few beers you owe me, should I ever start drinking again.  ;D

Tosh

Oh, and can you get the Emporium push fitting thing these days?  Emporium have stopped trading and even before they did, they withdrew selling the push fitting shortly after I started this post; you could only get it if you purchased one of their poles.

Blue Frog Systems

Non alcoholic drink Tosh ??? ;)

The push fitting I haven't look into. I'm going to recycle parts from my unusable FG pole to start

Blue Frog Systems

And .....

How much length does each additional pole add to the original one Tosh ?

I've heard some say 3ft and some say nearly 6ft. Is it the last two sections you can keep adding on ?

Jeff Brimble

Ok Window wipers, after a bit of thought for those wanting to "grow" their own poles 
The Harris pole can be made 6ft longer by sticking another Harris on it ! Put the no2 section of the second Harris into the base section of the first pole, you only need a collar of approx 10" so cut off the rest. Now the second and third piece will fit inside the base piece of the first pole, . (Some may remeber I did similar with a 45ft unger)
 Ta-rar  you could do it again with a third pole but its starting to get a bit ridiculous when the best answer is an F16.

Zensorflex can be made longer by discarding the top(first) section of a Harris and removing the threaded cone off the second section, now push this second section inside the base section of the Zensorflex until it jams. then push the base section up also into the base section of the Zensor and tighten up the collar. A simple 6ft extension  You will need to rasp a bit of the top of the 3rd section Harris to get a tapered fit.

OR you could go to the timber yard and get a large size curtain pole with a large diameter and shove that into the base of the zensor, shave it a bit tapered like a pecil sharpener, Its parallel so you will need to add tape to increase the diameter so it locks in.

8) 8) thats a pint ! Its also on matts diy forum http://diywfpole.webs.com/

Jeff Brimble

Window wipers has been emailing me and thats my best shot to help him.
If you want costs then I suggest a 42ft F16 for £250 ish but you will have to look up the cost of an actual 42ft Gardner as a comparison yourself, I got to get back to my Tax work. :'( Or maybe you could post it for me ?

Blue Frog Systems

Thanks Jeff :)

Muchly appreciated

ftp

40' Superlight will set you back around £720 that's complete with vat, brush, hose, holdall etc.
So the homemade version would need what? About £80ish to complete it? So a homemade fishing pole would be very roughly around £350 but I don't know if that's for brand new sections and haven't tried to source them.
At the end of the day you still end up with a cheaper but inferior pole that is far more fragile. You pays yer money and takes yer choice.
Personally I'd rather pay the extra on a long pole like that.
Now, if you only want a pole for two storeys then the home made modulars are a bargain - if you can put up with the flex and fragility.

ftp

Sorry to be dense FTP. Which one are you refering to? Am I right in thinking it's the 16mtr one? What size W/C pole would that make please.

I have used a zensorflex to good effect to create a decent low level pole. Wouldn't mind ditching my heavy 45foot tucker pole....