Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

lol... ok ..

;)   but whats a prissy woman  ;D

Prissy comes from a combination of 'Prim' and 'Cissy'; you could also describe it as 'Squeaky Like'.

Have you done it yet?

ftp

Black insulation tape is more pleasing on the eye.  ;)

elite mike

Post back after you've done it; tell me what you think.

I'm so excited for you I don't know whether to poo or turn blind!

hope you have plenty andrex ;D ;D

Tosh

Black insulation tape is more pleasing on the eye.  ;)

But it's not as strong as good old 'black nasty'.

Please use gaffer tape; you can always change it after.  When doing anything new; from boxing to... err, well anything, you should do it the 'orthordox way', then adjust to suit your own requirements.

So stick with the black nasty... please!

geefree

;)   but whats a prissy woman  ;D

Prissy comes from a combination of 'Prim' and 'Cissy'; you could also describe it as 'Squeaky Like'.

Have you done it yet?

cissy....dont think so cock.:)

ftp

This is how i tape my poles to stop them jamming and chipping.

Tosh

cissy....dont think so cock.:)

That's a bit crude, but I'm fine with it.

Have you done it yet?

geefree

cock is a friendly term in these parts... like ..mate.. pal... etc.. ;D

yes all done... im very impressed with it Tosh... and like you said the pole is so easy to take apart... and seems very strong....

i like it a lot.... just off to get some pole hose now ... oh and i need a tail end adaptor... damm... i forgot about that... no spare one.... why cant we buy these bits in shops?....

never mind.
Thanks again tosh , for taking time ,  to do this post and help us all..

really appreciate it very much.... and looking forward to using the new pole.

Thank You Again.   ;)

and you have won your challenge.... your money is safe  :D

Tosh

and you have won your challenge.... your money is safe  :D

No it's not.  I want you to use it for a month; don't step on it (though I reckon it's still be okay, unless you're Ian_Giles ( ;))) or try and shut your van door on it.  Off-the-shelf suppliers won't refund you for breakages; nor will I.

In a month, if you're still happy with it, I want you to donate a fiver to Matt's DIY site for the upkeep of it; it's there I found out about this.  I've donated a tenner to it; though Matt admitted it went towards a pizza delivery (the chav).  If you're not happy with it, bill me (but I'd like you to post the pole to me; I'll use it; I'll pay for delivery of course).

I'd also like you to post how you get on with it; honestly; if stuff is a pain, say so, if it's good say so.  Please start a new post after your first day; this one is getting a bit unwieldy and cluttered.  Something like, 'Gazza's new DIY pole diary' or something.

I'd like an honest review; but don't say it's too short; it's a 15 foot pole!  I need a longer one; that's my next project.  (You may have to use your old long poles for the higher work; like I have too  >:()

Agreed?

Tosh

cock is a friendly term in these parts...

I don't think it's a friendly term in these parts; Squeaky frequently refers to me as a 'cock', and I'm sure he's not being friendly at the time.

But I've got skin thicker than the callouses on Wor Lasses marathon-running-feet; and what a state they are; black toe-nails too; urgh!

She's lucky I haven't got a foot fetish!

geefree

Yes, will do... and then i will donate a fiver to the d.i.y. forum..

will keep you up to date with how the pole is going on and wether or not i truly like it....

" hey up cock" is a friendly yorkshire saying ... like hello mate. ... see if squeaky agrees. eh ?  ;D

Tosh

Gazza,

Yeh right! I believe you with reference to the word, 'cock'!  ;D

I look forward to your new post describing how you get on with it; please be honest; if you think it's naff, say so.  I think you're fairly new(ish) to window cleaning, so this should be interesting.

Spruce

I'd also like you to contribute to Gazza's new post; when he gets it going.  I think you're a more experienced with WFP, so that should help the post.

Anyway, this DIY pole, personally, I think it's great; work doesn't seem so much like 'work' anymore; particularly on any jobs which involved a lot of pole work.

Tosh

" hey up cock" is a friendly yorkshire saying ... like hello mate. ... see if squeaky agrees. eh ?  ;D

No, I disagree.

I used to go out with a Catholic School Teacher from 'uddersfield  (she taught at St Joseph's School in Halifax (just in case any of her ex-pupils are here)), for quite a few years, and she used to say, 'Ey up Chuck'!

It definately was not 'Hey up Cock'.

You're taking the mick, I know you are!  ;D

geefree

i swear.... wait until the yorkshire lads come on..... chuck is very rarely used nowadays... and is seen as a pre-1960s saying....

"cock" is not widely used... but its still a word we use in friendliness, and ... hey up cock, how are yer. etc...

please can someone back me up lol. ;)

seandyer2003

i swear.... wait until the yorkshire lads come on..... chuck is very rarely used nowadays... and is seen as a pre-1960s saying....

"cock" is not widely used... but its still a word we use in friendliness, and ... hey up cock, how are yer. etc...

please can someone back me up lol. ;)

i have heard it....im only up the road, a lady i know once said to a mate of mine pointing to his crotch - "youve got something on yer, cock" obviously it was p funny as she didnt mean the way it sounded haha

m.b.s.

yes m8 'Hey up Cock' is a yorkshire saying
same as hey up duck i think is from doncaster way
hey up my old cocker is another
hes not talking the mick m8 ;)

geefree

def yorkshire.... eye up me old cock, is tha or  reht. a wat.?

Tosh

Guys, this post has become so big and full of chat, I'm going to have to lock it.

Sorry.

Hopefully Gazza, who seems like a good communicator will start a new DIY pole post; I personally would like to know how he fairs with his new pole.

Regards,

Tosh.

Tosh

In light of recent posts; some of the above could be helpful; PAGE 3 IS THE PERTINENT PAGE.

But check out Matt's DIY link (I'm sure Mike doesn't mind me advertising this; if he does let me know; Matt's not a supplier)... there's some good stuff there.

matt

i have a new DIY POLE site, i know alot found the old 1 very slow and wouldnt load :( my fault, as i couldnt get it to work on my paid for DIY hosted site, so i used a free host

anyways, this 1 is better

http://diywfpole.webs.com/

though the end screw bit that tosh uses seems to work well, so i will update the site to say to use that, afterall its cheaper than the unger option, though the unger is handy to take other things