This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

What do you do? (Commercial) Clean the frames or not?
« on: October 23, 2008, 03:27:46 pm »
*Please keep in mind, that the reasons I'm posting this, is because I'm not too experienced with very big commercial jobs.*

Did a big commercial clean today and yesterday, total amount worked was 9hr and 40min (including a 1hr 25min 30ft Fascia clean), that is without setting up and driving in between the two buildings.

I've done work for them twice, and I've already got the contract, after the first clean they said, we know you price up your work exactly right, so you can just do the work, and then sent us the invoice, they were delighted and paid the money, the buildings were gleaming, total invoice was £333 for the first job, and £148 for the second.

Yesterdays work and todays work, consisted of two buildings, and both of them had quite dirty upvc frames. Now the previous two jobs, I did clean the frames as well, and priced the work at £1,- per minute worked

Now, the second building that I did, had 30ft upvc fronts, about 5 of those fronts with about 44 panes each, but each with a crossmember. All the frames were pretty dirty, so I did all the frames first, then the glass. There were more windows, but those big fronts were the most time consuming.

That building all in all took me 6 hours. Now here is the point, the building doesn't look like it would take 6hours, because it's medium sized, but it has so much glass and frame work, and they were quite dirty too. I'm wondering, if I perhaps should have cleaned just the glass and would have taken perhaps 2hrs less? What do you think?

As I'm not that experienced with big commercial work as of yet, do you give preference to actual window cleaning, glass and frames, or just glass cleaning?

I'm about to give them my invoice for £580, which I think is really reasonable, considering I was on site for about 10.5hr.

Site manager came up to me after I finished the job, and was (again) amazed how clean they looked, they were gleaming in the sun, and he said, just send us the invoice, and we will make sure you get paid.

I'm not sure why I'm worried about it this time, perhaps it's because this is my biggest invoice as of yet (ever), and personally I think, wow that's a lot of money, I just hope that they do not fall of there chair, I mean, it's good quality work, no doubt, and i'm sure I'm not the most expensive contract they have by far, but still, I'm wondering if I perhaps should have not cleaned the frames, and just the glass. They were delighted with it, and so was I though.

Argh, I don't know why I'm even posting this.  :-[

AJ

Re: What do you do? (Commercial) Clean the frames or not?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:35:36 pm »
'They were delighted with it, and so was I.'

There you go!
keep up the good work and I'm sure they'll keep asking you to do work for them.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 04:15:20 pm »
what exactly did they request from you? windows, windows and frames? or did u say its windows and frames?

I prefer to make sure i know what they want - however the proper job would be to do it as you have already!

*frank cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 11:05:21 pm »
you cleaned the frames first go with wfp which is correct just let them know it will take you less time to do next time(still cleaning the frames) and adjust yr bill accordingley...hope I read yr thread right.