Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fintan_Coll

Re: m pwer??
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 11:03:39 pm »
Plain water here too, but I might stress that no matter what I use I will never use powder of any description in my solution tank again as I am firmly convinced
that powders and pumps do not mix.
Years of replacing pumps when I was a powder user as opposed to years of trouble free pumps when I changed to fresh water rinsing speaks fo itself.

will01

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 11:14:23 pm »
Mpower imho works really well on naturals but fails miserably on man made.

However I do recall cleaning a lounge polyprop carpet last xmas and it came up a treat. I mean this carpet was trashed as the lady had naughty kids!!

But it's never worked the same for me since on similar carpets.

i just don't get the stuff.

will

Jim_77

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 12:44:10 am »
Use it at 1:120 for most jobs, 1:100 if they're a bit minging, 1:80 for salvage work, care homes, odour problems etc.

Spray up liberally, but obviously within parameters of what the carpet can stand.  Brush in with groomer on most domestics (axminster, 80/20, most tufted types etc), always use mechanical agitation on commercials.

Sometimes use bonnet for agitation and initial cleaning followed by extraction.

Leave as long a dwell as you can, sometimes I go up to 30-45 mins on big jobs.  No, it doesn't mean you're sitting in the van looking at your watch, as Chris says just work ahead with your prep work.  Obviously the carpet is going to feel like it's dried out in some cases but the product will still be working and you can keep it topped up a little.

Working in bigger areas also actually makes up a bit of time as you have to turn the machine on and off less times and extract more in one go.  This is especially true in empty houses, you can do them in 2 sections, upstairs & down

On smaller jobs, mechanical agitation makes up for less dwell time.

Cold water rinse is fine in most cases, I still crank it up to bloody hot for filthy carpets, partly because I think it does mobilise certain soils better and also because some of my problem solvers work better with hot rinse.

I honestly don't know where people get the idea that it doesn't work on synthetics as well as wool.  Well, I do know, it's because one person said it and then everyone else copies them, but that's forums for you ::)  I've found it excellent on all fibre types.  The jobs that don't turn out looking a million dollars are normally due to the way in which they got so trashed in the first place.  Brown things and polish spring to mind.

You only need to rinse with fresh water.  Advantages are obviously no extra expense on rinse agents, and as Fintan points out you're preserving your pump (presuming you're using a portable).

Diamond how much of a free sample did you get?  You need to take it out on a good few different jobs, just using it once or twice is useless.  It also helps if you've got a pressure-free job or two where you're not under pressure and have time to play around a bit.  Your own carpets or friends/family may be the best bet.  I used a commercial building that I work in, had all day to do a few rooms and the place to myself...so I took advantage of the situation!

Shaun, I think the weather has been splendid ;)

"Most" use pureclean?  Never heard of that before, maybe david j jones knows different, i think his cousin has registered on here now, see if he'll ask him :)

Nick Vassilev

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 01:06:25 am »
After all that praise I think I will try some M-Power.
I tried microsplitters once on commercial carpet and did not like the result. I sprayed, agitated, left to dwell and then extracted with cold water to no great effect. Still had to finish with powder :-(

Doug Holloway

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 07:18:55 am »
Hi Guys

There are certainly mixed reports on MPower and Nemesis, both colloids.

Colloids are actually very similar to detergents, but have a component which is continually on the move, well as long as there's water present. It is this element which gives the 'self cleaning' effect

I tried Nemesis with average results but have not tried MP, partly because I would want to try a small sample before ending up with another barely consumed 5L container.

It would appear the people who like MP/Nemesis are those that like a lot of agitation, whereas those who like to prespary, leave a while and then extract hot, seem to prefer detergents of MS, Pureclean being my preferred choice.

Cheers

Doug

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 07:23:01 am »
I think Nick's working on it tbh, some folks have asked recently.

Yeah i asked about 3 months ago,

Thought they might have sent 100ml in post so I could give it a try

They know I would give an onest report

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 09:56:37 am »
The thing that i have always heard about microsplitters is that it seems to eat brass fittings on sprayers and the such. The thing i was concerned about is the fact that people are now running pureclean which is apparently a micro splitter in a powdered form, through the machines. What is the long term affect of this? I think a lot of people are going to end up springing a lot of leaks in the not too distant future!

Cheers Goron

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 10:43:55 am »
I didn't get the results I was hoping for with Mpower when I first started using it - I have discovered that patience is required.

You need to leave a decent dwell time - I pre-spray then agitate with a Sebo (I have been using this a lot more since using MPower), I may even give it another light mist. If I haven't got another area to start prepping then I will have a coffee with the client or go and make a phone call and have a ciggy.

10 - 20 minutes can seem a long time if you are standing looking at it, but if you are only going to rinse with water then you have got to give the product a chance to work.

Since I started having a little patience I have been very impressed with it. But I agree that it may not be to everyones liking.

Steve

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 02:01:33 pm »
i was told by another cleaner that its sooo easy to use. and you just spray it on, agitate and thats it, but when i called world of clean they said it needs to be extracted as any detergent, they are sending me a sample

Jim_77

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 06:01:05 pm »
100ml free sample... maximum of 12 litres of pre spray... nowhere near enough to get a proper idea of what it can do!

It's not that big a financial gamble to take.  If you really don't get on with it after you've used a litre or so you can always flog it to someone who wants it and at least get a bit of cash back.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2008, 06:13:33 pm »
if Solutions Uk had confidence in the product they would offer a trail size. To make your first purchase a large one says to me they need to maximise there initial sale becuase the chance of future sales once the potential customers has used it is slim.

I want to buy some but I'm not spending £75ish, I also want to try Spitfire advance, I can buy 5lts of that for £15ish.

guess which one I will be ordering ::)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

craigp

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2008, 10:49:21 pm »
i was told by another cleaner that its sooo easy to use. and you just spray it on, agitate and thats it, but when i called world of clean they said it needs to be extracted as any detergent, they are sending me a sample

Spray on and leave :o thats madness, where will the dirt go?

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2008, 11:02:22 pm »
But Mike, how many suppliers give out free samples of anything. If that were the case we could just go from supplier to supplier picking up all the freebies we could find.
I think the only free sample of anything I ever got was a small bottle of odour fresh which Robert Saunders gave me about ten years ago.
I bought some M power when it came on the market first and it has been my main cleaning product ever since and will be until someone sends me a free sample of something better. :) :)

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2008, 11:43:24 pm »
Nemisis /M power has its place,but for 80% of the time i find pureclean a more suitable cleaning solution.Chemspec Enzall for filthy resturant  carpets and powerburst for end of tenancy cleans.

Mark

carlton care

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2008, 12:13:38 am »
Colloidal products have been used for years in the Dry Cleaning industry. I was given a sample some years ago. It was so concenrated it would barely come out of the container.

From what I remember, it was used as a prewash emulsifyer.

Jim_77

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2008, 01:58:44 am »
Mike you're missing the point.  How can you fully test out a product if you only use it a couple of times?

I don't agree with 100ml samples of a product like that, you should be confident in the reassurance of happy customers and get yourself some... and then use it with an open mind!

It took me until the end of my first 5 litres to feel fully confident enough to take my other carpet  & upholstery cleaning chems off the van.

I've used my former workhorse liquid detergent product once in the last 12 months.

Jim_77

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 02:00:30 am »

Spray on and leave :o thats madness, where will the dirt go?

Into your recovery tank or bonnet!

I would think "Leave" was meant to mean "no need to agitate", which incidentally I don't agree with as a valid technique for the product.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2008, 07:42:34 am »
JIm & Finton, I don't want a free sample, I want a trail size (500mls not a 100mls) A 500mls would make 60lts of RTU solution more than enough to give it a thorough test.

5lts would make  approx 3000lt of pre-spray, to say it takes this amount to be fully confident in it is ridiculous.  A trail size would last me 2 weeks within that time i will clean a multitude of different carpet in different situations. i could give it a theorugh test.

mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

ianharper

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 08:16:09 am »
Guys

Its very cheap to use and great value for money but, in my view, only good on wool. TM uses i would say its a waste of time as your sinners circle will be differant to us portable uses.

respect

Ian Harper